Woodley calling out Nick Diaz = Pure genius

The bar must have gotten low for what a genius is these days. Some people invented electricity and flight you know.

Wonderboy should get the titleshot. Anything else would make the belt paper

Wonderboy definitely deserves it way more than Nick, but I wouldn't mind seeing Nick fight Tyron for the Belt. Wondering what the new owners are going to do. First title change under the new management.

giphy.gif

Conor and Bisping taught Woodley well.

Why bother defending your belt against the #1 contender when you can just pick the easiest fight for the most money and the UFC will let you do it?
Cause Conor didn't call out RDA and was expecting to fight him (which at the time RDA on these boards was super hyped) before getting Nate right? Conor haters making up shit now.

Diaz was offered the Woodley fight in strikeforce and turned it down, doubt he wants to fight Tyrone.

1) Nick Diaz has always had solid PPV numbers, and Nate Diaz always boosted FOX card ratings whenever he fights. Dana has already said Nick moves the needle.

2) If you watch the new UFC 202 preview youll see exactly what im talking about, the spend the first 4 minutes making execuses for McGregors loss, and the last four minutes making Diaz's win seem like a lucky fluke

Can you provide some numbers for the first point?

UFC 143 was one of the most hyped non title fights I can remember up to that point. It did a whopping 400k buys. He did 950k against GSP, which was good, but not insane for a GSP fight. He did 650k against Silva, who had just done a million in his previous fight.

I don't think they're missing any opportunities to market Nate. They possibly have to sell the fluke angle, I suppose in order to make Conor's chances seem plausible.

No. If anything Tyron winning sets up the Diaz Lawler fight. Nick wasn't going to get the title shot probably but now it's go time.

Dana: Alright Tyrone I'll give you the Diaz card.
Woodley: Thanks boss.

*the next day...Dana announces Co-main event of McGregor Vs Diaz: Woodley vs Wonderboy

It will be quite the thing if diaz wins... i mean one undeserved shot stacked on top of the other....

this is officially the end of the meritocracy era
Nick wins and we get
tumblr_mho2skdW1I1rhmiqpo1_500.gif

where you at! George
New York MFer

No way Nick accepts the fight. Woodley has great leg kicks and explosive double legs. Nick would get dominated bad.

It's just proving what I said after UFC 200. MMA fans in general are as stupid as WWE fans. All they seem to care about are names and circus fights. So don't complain when that's all the UFC gives you.

No one else see the irony that Tyron sat out for a year because he felt he earned/deserved his title shot, and once he gets the belt, rankings don't matter and WB earning his shot is irrelevant. He wasn't the money fight for lawler.
Guessing that PPV is the lowest of the year.

Tyron vs WB
Robbie vs Nick

No one else see the irony that Tyron sat out for a year because he felt he earned/deserved his title shot, and once he gets the belt, rankings don't matter and WB earning his shot is irrelevant. He wasn't the money fight for lawler.
Guessing that PPV is the lowest of the year.

Tyron vs WB
Robbie vs Nick

What is ironic is that he sat out that long and was STILL able to fuck up Lawler in the 1st round.

Woodley is a beast.

It's just proving what I said after UFC 200. MMA fans in general are as stupid as WWE fans. All they seem to care about are names and circus fights. So don't complain when that's all the UFC gives you.

I agree with that. They didn't care when Conor or Bisping did it so why should they care when Woodley does it.

Wonderboy definitely deserves it way more than Nick, but I wouldn't mind seeing Nick fight Tyron for the Belt. Wondering what the new owners are going to do. First title change under the new management.

giphy.gif

Yep I hope they don't screw over Woodley. They should let him fight Nick and get the money fight.

Back