Woodley calling out Nick Diaz = Pure genius

haha, folks are hating on this, but Tyron is VERY smart.

The Diaz brothers are at this moment two of THE most popular fighters of all time.

Fans, even CASUALS, know who Diaz is.

This is the MONEY fight, much like McGregor vs Nate is.

And the bonus? Nick very well could FINALLY be UFC welterweight champion. :D

Discuss....

Yeah it's genius for your status and reputation as a champion to publicly cower from your undisputed number 1 contender (Wonderboy) while calling out a guy who hasnt FOUGHT in TWO years and hasnt WON a fight in almost FIVE years.

GENIUS.

O
haha, folks are hating on this, but Tyron is VERY smart.

The Diaz brothers are at this moment two of THE most popular fighters of all time.

Fans, even CASUALS, know who Diaz is.

This is the MONEY fight, much like McGregor vs Nate is.

And the bonus? Nick very well could FINALLY be UFC welterweight champion. :D

Discuss....

Only way nick ever becomes champion is yet again being gifted a title shot.

It keeps happening and eventually he might actually win won of them.

Where's the evidence for either of these points. The Diaz brothers being cash cows?

UFC 202 is Nate vs McG, so it wouldn't make sense to downplay the narrative of the next ppv, the gameplan would be the exact opposite, hype the events up.
1) Nick Diaz has always had solid PPV numbers, and Nate Diaz always boosted FOX card ratings whenever he fights. Dana has already said Nick moves the needle.

2) If you watch the new UFC 202 preview youll see exactly what im talking about, they spend the first 4 minutes making execuses for McGregors loss, and the last four minutes making Diaz's win seem like a lucky fluke

Last edited by a moderator:
He should fight Donald Trump!

Makes no sense and benefits noone except Woodley and Trump, but hey who cares!

Woodley will never be in a "money fight" and anyone who thinks Nick Diaz is some major draw who would sell the fight on his own needs to loosen their grip on his balls.

He should have said it while in the octagon.

Where you at Nick Diaz!? Where you at mother fucker!?

Last edited:
Diaz isn't coming back to fight a wrestler. It's why he's talked about leaving the spot since being in the UFC.

If anything, the Lawler fight is far more appealing to Nick.
I dont think we should downplay the fact that Nick is NOT the type of guy to turn down someone calling him out....wrestler or not

Woodley vs Diaz would be a sweeeet fight. That fight sells big time and I hope they do it.

Thompson can go fight Lawler like he said that he wanted to do.

Yeah it's genius for your status and reputation as a champion to publicly cower from your undisputed number 1 contender (Wonderboy) while calling out a guy who hasnt FOUGHT in TWO years and hasnt WON a fight in almost FIVE years.

GENIUS.

You are a Conor fan so your opinion means nothing in the conversation as it will be biased. Conor is doing the exact same thing and so is Bisping.

And pointless since its never gonna happen

Conor vs Nate and Conor vs Nate ll is happening.
Hendo vs Bisping is happening.

Woodley vs Nick Diaz is a awesome fight and could also happen.

He is just trying to get on the mcgregor card. Nothing to do with Nick being a draw bruh

I can taste the salt from here. Yummy.

P.S. The FAR superior fighter won tonight, thank the heavens! The meritocracy era has begun!!
Please explain what evidence T-wood has shown to be considered "FAR superior".

Tyron is a crybaby. He cried his way to a title shot and came through with the KO.

Imagine how loud Tyron would've cried if Nick Doaz would've gotten the title shot vs Lawler. That's the exact situation he's putting the other contenders in. Wonder boy deserved the Lawler fight AT LEAST as much as Tyron. If Wonderboy isn't first up, it'll be a great travesty.

I wonder if they could do Diaz vs. Lawler 2 and then Wonderboy vs. Woodley. If Diaz and Wonderboy win that sets up a huge fight. I think Wonderboy could be the American GSP. It usually takes these super high level but somewhat clean cut and safe on the mic champs a really intense rival to turn them into stars. Nick could do that in Wonderboy's very first defense. It would be awesome.
200.gif

Tyron is a crybaby. He cried his way to a title shot and came through with the KO.

Imagine how loud Tyron would've cried if Nick Doaz would've gotten the title shot vs Lawler. That's the exact situation he's putting the other contenders in. Wonder boy deserved the Lawler fight AT LEAST as much as Tyron. If Wonderboy isn't first up, it'll be a great travesty.

You should be crying about Conor ducking the 145 division and Stipe ducking Rothwell but you didn't. I wonder why you are only crying about Woodley trying to make money?

You are a Conor fan so your opinion means nothing in the conversation as it will be biased. Conor is doing the exact same thing and so is Bisping.

You're thinking of someone else, you complete fuckwit.

I'm known as an outspoken critic of Conor McGregor. Have even been called a "hater" by some of our more infantile forum members.

I'll take your apology for this mistaken identity/outright buffoonery as implied.

It's clear that Nick won't get the shot right? I mean not with a clear number one contender waiting.

The only legitimate threat to Wonderboy's shot is GSP, and I don't think GSP would come back to fight at WW, especially not under these circumstances.

Condit vs Maia still has to play out, Rory is on the market, Robbie won't get a direct rematch.

I honestly think Wonderboy vs Woodley for the title, Diaz vs Robbie 2 (no.1 contender), Maia vs Condit (next guaranteed shot)

Back