Woodley and GSP’s top 3 wins

Woodley
  1. Thompson majority draw (should be two wins, beat the shit out of Wonderboy in both fights and took no damage)
  2. Gastelum Split decision
  3. Lawler KO

GSP

1. Matt Hughes x2 TKO,SUB (lost once also)
  2. Jake Shields UD (48-47 close fight)
  3. BJ Penn x2 split Decision, TKO *undersized LW and eventual FW* 16-12 record
I think if you matched up those top 3 wins with the same number, all 3 of Woodleys wins would finish GSP’s top 3. Yes I know Shields tapped Lawler, but Shields would get KTFO by Gas. Prime for prime I think Woodley’s competition was tougher. What do you think?
Lol

Jake shields rides gas like his little pony all the way to a decision.MW or WW

Mendes was top 5 p4p

Since when did sherdog rankings become the be-all-end-all?

You are straight up a hater. I love Gsp too but hateful obnoxious Gsp fanboys like you always tempt me to switch sides.

Lmao at Chad Mendes ever being top 5 P4P

Fairy tales don't count stupid

*Sigh*.

Everyone forgets what a MONSTER prime Fitch was. GSP stole his soul and literally broke him.

Woodley rolling over Lawler
Gsps win over Hughes in what was iconic in seeing Matt literally screaming a verbal tap and Gsp s second fight with BJ was just downright depressing if you were a Penn supporter but huge if you were a Gsp supporter

Kind of funny because Shields beat Lawler, Maia, and Woodley himself.

Fitch was overrated. Suspect gurappling defense and pillow fists/horrible sturiking. Kos wouldve beat him if they didnt have the AKA thing. Pierce arguably beat Fitch and nearly KTFO him. Outside of Pierce, Diego and Alves were the only good WWs Fitch beat in that span. He was mostly beating bums or mediocre fighters

Youre a moron

Fitch was unstoppable, he was the blanket madman, the hype man killer, and GSP was the ONLY man that whooped his ass at the time

He went a good 6 years dude

GSP best wins are:

Jake Roid Shields , the guy was freaky strong on the juice
Carlos Condit

I think they are very comparable fighters, but the Shields fight was basically a textbook 50-45/49-46 snoozefest. I wish I'd left in Round 4 to beat traffic like everyone else.

Can we just enjoy a great champion at WW right now?

It's totally unfair to compare him to GSP. The gap is still way too big.

Just enjoy the great stuff that Woodley achieved.

I think people underestimate Shields.

I was shocked that Lawler let Tyron take over the center of the cage, all be it briefly. I guess from their training experience together.

Gsp got a question mark because he didn’t run it back with Hendricks . Hendricks has a similar skill type to woodley . Trade less power for combinations. And gsp lost that fight .

I'm exposing myself as a bit of a noob here, (forgive me, I started watching just after 129), but why is Shields considered such a great win?

Every fight I've seen him in he had terrible striking, he got ragdolled by Lombard and Akiyama so how good could his wrestling have been? Most of his wins were by submission. Nothing against submission fighters, but he seemed pretty one dimensional.

Penn had great Jiu Jitsu and his Boxing was decent, pretty good for the time.

Hughes was a great Wrestler who was a threat on the ground too.

Shields doesn't seem like he was that great of a fighter.

Wouldn't Condit be considered one of his top 3?

Many here don't even know who Paulo Thiago is. These people on sherdog today are just new fans who hate on Conor and watch WWE

I remember watching Paulo knock Koscheck out with that counter left hook LIVE..it was considered one of the biggest shock upsets in MMA at the time...it was Paulo Thiago's debut and after many were calling him the next big thing....Fitch derailed him like no other lmao. When Gsp beat prime Fitch it was a big deal. Fitch was top 5 p4p

The only fighters in history who have beaten multiple top 5 p4p ranked fighters in their careers are Gsp and Conor

WWE is the real shit.

WWE >>>>>>>>>>>>>> UFC

F5 IN YOUR FACE
giphy.gif

Woodley
  1. Thompson majority draw (should be two wins, beat the shit out of Wonderboy in both fights and took no damage)
  2. Gastelum Split decision
  3. Lawler KO

GSP

1. Matt Hughes x2 TKO,SUB (lost once also)
  2. Jake Shields UD (48-47 close fight)
  3. BJ Penn x2 split Decision, TKO *undersized LW and eventual FW* 16-12 record
I think if you matched up those top 3 wins with the same number, all 3 of Woodleys wins would finish GSP’s top 3. Yes I know Shields tapped Lawler, but Shields would get KTFO by Gas. Prime for prime I think Woodley’s competition was tougher. What do you think?

What about their top 10 wins? Why 3? Coz you know GSP is the GOAT. Woodley's second though for WW.

If GSP never decided to compete in mma I think Fitch definitely would have been a successfully defending WW champ but GSP dominated him start to finish.

A lot of the newer fans don’t remember but when GSP beat Alves for example Alves was a monster and a lot of people were picking him to win that fight as he was much more proven than Till for example. And GSP dominated him start to finish.

Also Jake Shields is a top 5 WW of all time

The GOAT has nothing left to prove.

Back