Woodley and GSP’s top 3 wins

Woodley
  1. Thompson majority draw (should be two wins, beat the shit out of Wonderboy in both fights and took no damage)
  2. Gastelum Split decision
  3. Lawler KO

GSP

1. Matt Hughes x2 TKO,SUB (lost once also)
  2. Jake Shields UD (48-47 close fight)
  3. BJ Penn x2 split Decision, TKO *undersized LW and eventual FW* 16-12 record
I think if you matched up those top 3 wins with the same number, all 3 of Woodleys wins would finish GSP’s top 3. Yes I know Shields tapped Lawler, but Shields would get KTFO by Gas. Prime for prime I think Woodley’s competition was tougher. What do you think?
What do I think? I think you’re eitheir trolling or you don’t know jack shit about the sport.

1. A majority draw is not a win
2. A split decision is not an impressive win
3. GSP outwrestled Shields, dropped him with a head kick and only got busted up after a steady dose of nasty eye pokes that scratched his cornea

Woodley
  1. Thompson majority draw (should be two wins, beat the shit out of Wonderboy in both fights and took no damage)
  2. Gastelum Split decision
  3. Lawler KO

GSP

1. Matt Hughes x2 TKO,SUB (lost once also)
  2. Jake Shields UD (48-47 close fight)
  3. BJ Penn x2 split Decision, TKO *undersized LW and eventual FW* 16-12 record
I think if you matched up those top 3 wins with the same number, all 3 of Woodleys wins would finish GSP’s top 3. Yes I know Shields tapped Lawler, but Shields would get KTFO by Gas. Prime for prime I think Woodley’s competition was tougher. What do you think?

You realize Jake Shields finished Lawler in 2 minutes and has a win over Woodley right?

controversial hot take.....I think woodley now beats prime GSP. too much of an athlete, too well rounded, too much power, would be the only opponent that could match GSP in strength. GSP's resume is prolly better but he was at the top for nearly a decade. Woodley was a late bloomer but is in the stretch of his prime currently

Fitch was overrated. Suspect gurappling defense and pillow fists/horrible sturiking. Kos wouldve beat him if they didnt have the AKA thing. Pierce arguably beat Fitch and nearly KTFO him. Outside of Pierce, Diego and Alves were the only good WWs Fitch beat in that span. He was mostly beating bums or mediocre fighters

Fitch was heavily ducked (win or lose you look bad fighting him) and 2x finishes over Alves from that time are extremely impressive, same with beating Diego. Even bringing Paulo Thiago back to reality after he nearly killed Koscheck was a good win at the time.

Woodley doesn't compare to Gsp

Eveeyone Gsp beat was in the absolute prime of their career

(the only other fighter who has beaten as many truly elite opponents when they were in their absolute prime, is Conor)

Woodley beat a weight drained GREEN Kelvin Gastelum (even then it was a SPLIT decision many felt Kelvin won)

Woodley has only ever beaten Wonderboy ONCE and it was as close as can be with many feeling WB won (first fight was a draw)

Woodley's only truly impressive win is a 10+ losses Robbie Lawlor

2 of Gsp's beaten opponents beat Lawlor too (Shields and Nick Diaz)

Gsp>>>>Woodley

What do I think? I think you’re eitheir trolling or you don’t know jack shit about the sport.

1. A majority draw is not a win
2. A split decision is not an impressive win
3. GSP outwrestled Shields, dropped him with a head kick and only got busted up after a steady dose of nasty eye pokes that scratched his cornea
Funny TS says his favourite fighter is Juicehead but most of his threads are about GSP. Let it go TS, your hero is a cheater and all of his victories have asterisks beside them.

Fitch was heavily ducked (win or lose you look bad fighting him) and 2x finishes over Alves from that time are extremely impressive, same with beating Diego. Even bringing Paulo Thiago back to reality after he nearly killed Koscheck was a good win at the time.
Many here don't even know who Paulo Thiago is. These people on sherdog today are just new fans who hate on Conor and watch WWE

I remember watching Paulo knock Koscheck out with that counter left hook LIVE..it was considered one of the biggest shock upsets in MMA at the time...it was Paulo Thiago's debut and after many were calling him the next big thing....Fitch derailed him like no other lmao. When Gsp beat prime Fitch it was a big deal. Fitch was top 5 p4p

The only fighters in history who have beaten multiple top 5 p4p ranked fighters in their careers are Gsp and Conor

Woodley has a better resume than GSP.

The game has evolved and current WWs are much bigger and more well rounded.
Tyron Lakent Woodley (born April 7, 1982)
Woodley fought his first professional fight on February 7, 2009
Combat sports amatuer resume: He has been competing in wrestling since approx age 6

Georges St-Pierre (born May 19, 1981)
First professional fight was January 25, 2002
Combat sports amatuer resume: He has been training in Kyokusin Karate since approx age 6

GSP is less then 1 year older then Woodley yet you think they come from different eras?
GSP has a longer MMA career but Woodley has a longer Combat Sports career when you consider his wrestling.

They have 3 common opponents in Condit, Koscheck and Shields.
Woodley won 1 by fluke injury, one by KO and lost one.
GSP won all three Kos x 2 (took his soul after #2) Condit by dominant UD and Shields by clear decision even after being deliberately eye gouged.

TS listed GSP's 3 best wins with not his best wins at all. GSP's 3 best wins if by best you mean most competitive against Woodley is Shields (who best Tyrone), Bisping who beats any of Woodley's opponents in his prime (gastelum beat Bisping 3 weeks after being KO's and choked out by GSP) and pre USADA Hendricks who would kill them all but GSP beat him.

Many here don't even know who Paulo Thiago is. These people on sherdog today are just new fans who hate on Conor and watch WWE

I remember watching Paulo knock Koscheck out with that counter left hook LIVE..it was considered one of the biggest shock upsets in MMA at the time...it was Paulo Thiago's debut and after many were calling him the next big thing....Fitch derailed him like no other lmao. When Gsp beat prime Fitch it was a big deal. Fitch was top 5 p4p

The only fighters in history who have beaten multiple top 5 p4p ranked fighters in their careers are Gsp and Conor
Who did Conor beat that was top 5 P4P at the time of their fight? Aldo and who? Don't say max as he wasn't even top 10 in his division let alone P4P.

Woodley doesn't compare to Gsp

Eveeyone Gsp beat was in the absolute prime of their career

(the only other fighter who has beaten as many truly elite opponents when they were in their absolute prime, is Conor)

Woodley beat a weight drained GREEN Kelvin Gastelum (even then it was a SPLIT decision many felt Kelvin won)

Woodley has only ever beaten Wonderboy ONCE and it was as close as can be with many feeling WB won (first fight was a draw)

Woodley's only truly impressive win is a 10+ losses Robbie Lawlor

2 of Gsp's beaten opponents beat Lawlor too (Shields and Nick Diaz)

Gsp>>>>Woodley

When Paulo Thiago slept Swick I was pretty damn impressed too. Those Brazilian super police are badass. 2-1 VS AKA

Who did Conor beat that was top 5 P4P at the time of their fight? Aldo and who? Don't say max as he wasn't even top 10 in his division let alone P4P.
Aldo was p4p#1

Mendes was top 5 p4p

Also Holloway is a current top 3-5 and Conor dominated him like no one ever has...beating someone when they are young>>>>>>beating someone when they are old (cough Jones whole resume)

Maybe Eddie as he was champ? Although I wouldn't have had him in my top 5 p4p at that point.

When Paulo Thiago slept Swick I was pretty damn impressed too. Those Brazilian super police are badass. 2-1 VS AKA
What ever happened to Paulo? Is he retired now?

Man, he exploded on to the scene. What a debut he had.

Damn you Fitch for ruining such a great prospect at the time

Fitch was overrated. Suspect gurappling defense and pillow fists/horrible sturiking. Kos wouldve beat him if they didnt have the AKA thing. Pierce arguably beat Fitch and nearly KTFO him. Outside of Pierce, Diego and Alves were the only good WWs Fitch beat in that span. He was mostly beating bums or mediocre fighters

Prime KOS beats Tyron. He had better wrestling, similar power and a much better gas tank.

Fucking TUF noobs even know this.

Prime KOS beats Tyron. He had better wrestling, similar power and a much better gas tank.

Fucking TUF noobs even know this.

Tyrons a much better sturiker and he has more power too. Kos sturiking was basic AF. Cant imagine Tyron standing at the end of a job for 5 rounds while losing his eye lmao. Kos would never be able to have the success Tyron did against guys like Wonderboy, Condit, Lawler or Kelvin standing. Not even close in sturiking skill

Kos gets slept again

1. Shields subbed Robbie.
2. Gastelum lost to Magny later that same year. Yet he's beating Shields? Please stop.
3. Robbie was a great win for Woodley. But let's not forget that most people agree that Robbie lost to Condit (whom GSP also beat handily).
4. BJ is a LW and doesn't belong in this discussion.

Side note: it's always funny how new fans try to undermine great fighters after they retire. Let's not pretend that Hughes wasn't the unanimous WW GOAT when GSP beat him. Even now, it's safe to say Hughes is the #2 WW GOAT. Woodley is a great fighter and is clearly a top 5 WW GOAT at this point, but there's no need to inflate his resume. He has four title defenses; two of them are hotly disputed, one was against a one-dimensional grappler who's lost three in a row, and one was against an up-and-comer who didn't even deserve a title shot.

Lol at GSP vs Shields being close

GSP cruised despite getting his eye gouged out. One judge correctly scored it 50-45
Fucking THANK YOU. I purposely haven’t rewatched that fight since it happened almost eight years ago, so it’s nice to know I’m not remembering it wrong.

Aldo was p4p#1

Mendes was top 5 p4p

Also Holloway is a current top 3-5 and Conor dominated him like no one ever has...beating someone when they are young>>>>>>beating someone when they are old (cough Jones whole resume)
Chad Mendes was not even top 10 P4P going in to his fight with Conor according to Sherdog. What rankings are you referring to?
http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/Sherdogcoms-PoundforPound-Top-10-87657

Beating a fighter like Max who is years away and a dozen fights away from climbing to P4P greatness is not the same. Luciano Azevedo's win over Aldo is not = to Conor's win over Aldo. Dennis Hallman's wins over Matt Hughes are not = GSP's wins over Matt Hughes.

Back