Woodley and Bisping are disgraceful too the sport.

Why is Nick Diaz such a bad fight? He's a tough competitor and knocked out a younger Robbie Lawler in quick fashion himself. Plus, Nick has a granite chin on him and Woodley's main strength is his explosive KO power. It should be interesting. (I do hope Wonderboy is the next one in line for a title shot after that, though.)

Not entirely.
Woodley always wanted to fight Nick Diaz, it was one of the fights that never happened. He always thought he could beat him. He probably would have been his kryptonite. But now, a Diaz fight is a money fight and he might preserve his title a bit lnger by default, not as a main objective

Plus Bisping wants to defend that brutal loss. He is on knockout highlight reel after highlight reel. Fans wanna seeit & he likely preserves his title by default too. He would have picked Hendo if he was in top 10. It just sucks that he's like #13. The build up before was great, and will likely be great again.

It's prize fighting, entertainment and sports all at different times and the same time. Can't please everyone :(
Welp, you make a compelling point.

Can't deny that.

Won't buy either fight though, will say that. Count me out.

I blame the UFC more than I blame them. I'd want the biggest paydays too, but the UFC actually making the shit is pathetic.

........but only one of them is black?

I couldn't help it, honestly Woodley made me do it. But seriously, the UFC really ought to require these guys to have at least one real defence before looking for the cheesy money fights.

you all complain that the UFC doesn't pay the fighter's enough so what wrong when you reach the top you try and get some money , by calling out a fight that will give you more exposure and a little extra cash is good for you future fights and when you try to resign a new contract ( like Conor reportedly getting 10 mil to fight )

Calling out guys who don't deserve a shot just to preserve their title status. Reminds me of Boxing.

I thought MMA fighters were down to fight the best in the sport?

I thought this sport was for fighters who wanted to prove themselves against the best?

Guess I thought wrong.

Am I wrong Sherdog?
Youre completely wrong

These guys need to be getting as much money as they can in this brutal sport.

Employ some common fucking sense here

Youre completely wrong

These guys need to be getting as much money as they can in this brutal sport.

Employ some common fucking sense here
Then I guess that's the last time I PAY to see a "fighter" defend his belt.

I'll reserve my 60 bucks for the guys I feel deserve it.

You can't blame a fighter for wanting an easy fight or a money fight. You should be blaming the UFC for even entertaining the idea.

This TS.
If you get to do an easy job and earn more money, I'm sure you will pick that option.
But the boss is feeding the idea

Good idea.
Do that
I'm sure I'm not the only one who agrees.

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not under the average who agrees with me.

Given how Boxing has been going lately, I think I have a compelling argument.

Good luck with your under 110K buys, fighters.

Last edited:
Makes you appreciate Conor's bravery, could have called out Fun-Sized-Frankie but instead chose to do what no man had ever done, take a fight 2 weight classes above his last bout, on 10 days notice.

Makes you appreciate Conor's bravery, could have called out Fun-Sized-Frankie but instead chose to do what no man had ever done, take a fight 2 weight classes above his last bout, on 10 days notice.
You know what, I'm not a fan of Conor, but i agree.

Well done McG.

No, Hendo doesn't deserve a title shot, but I don't blame Bisping in the least for wanting that fight. He even stressed that Hendo were just one of a few possible opponents, and that he was ready to fight whomever the UFC wanted. As always.

Calling out guys who don't deserve a shot just to preserve their title status. Reminds me of Boxing.

I thought MMA fighters were down to fight the best in the sport

I thought this sport was for fighters who wanted to prove themselves against the best?

Guess I thought wrong.

Am I wrong Sherdog?

Yes you're wrong. I know this is going to be a shocker to some but it's all about money. While trying to make it look like a real sport with rankings and what not at the end of the day fighters leapFrog others all in the name of money. I know as a true fan it sucks but that's prize fighting

I'm sure I'm not the only one who agrees.

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not under the average who agrees with me.

Given how Boxing has been going lately, I think I have a compelling argument.

Good luck with your under 110K buys, fighters.
Ppv is a model from the 90s

Who cares.
These guys absolutely need to get paid for such a dangerous pursuit

I thought MMA fighters were down to fight the best in the sport?

Guess I thought wrong.

Am I wrong Sherdog?
You're wrong as hell

Its the UFC's fault. What did they expect was going to happen lol. T wood sat on the sidelines for 18 months. He needs to get paid and to do that he needs to be on those big PPV's. He's 34 these fighters only got a couple years left.

Back