Woodley and Bisping are disgraceful too the sport.

I understand why people dont want to see bisping vs hendo or woodley vs diaz,but thats not disgraceful. Fighters are trying to make money. If they allready have gotten the belt,they have gotten it out of the way that they are the best fighter in the world,and are using that position to get the biggest money fight possible. They are trying to make money. So stop the hate please.

This is your second shit thread tonite TS... But I made much worse posts when I was fucked up so you're ok in my book
You call it shit, but what have I said that wasn't truth and what you're all thinking?

You call it shit, but what have I said that wasn't truth and what you're all thinking?
They're not scared to fight anyone, they're just at a stage where making money is more of a priority than trying to be the toughest guy in the world. They're already tough enough to silence their would-be insecurities in that area, they just want mo money now. Not disgraceful, that's real shit. Once you know you're badass enough to be the world champion then It's ok if you wanna move onto other things instead of trying to hold onto that title

I understand why people dont want to see bisping vs hendo or woodley vs diaz,but thats not disgraceful. Fighters are trying to make money. If they allready have gotten the belt,they have gotten it out of the way that they are the best fighter in the world,and are using that position to get the biggest money fight possible. They are trying to make money. So stop the hate please.
There needs to be a happy medium between making enough money and fighting fights that people want to see.

If you want to make money, why go after shit fights anyway?

That's already a problem plaguing Boxing, MMA can't go down the same road.

Who here WANTS to PAY for Bisping vs Hendo or T-Wood vs Diaz?

Nobody? Not surprised!

There needs to be a happy medium between making enough money and fighting fights that people want to see.

Nobody? Not surprised!
R u kidding? I'm 100% down to pay and watch Nick become UFC world champ

*to

And Wonderboy, not too long ago said he wanted to fight Lawler. Tyron just tossed that back in his face.

Listen, I understand that MMA fighters want to get paid like Boxers and every other athlete in the best leagues in the world and I agree that they should. But making shitty fights is NOT the way to go about it.

For a long time this sport was based on the merit of the best fighting the best, that's partly how it got so big, so big that it eclipsed, nay, overtook Boxing.

If it wants to stay on the TOP of combat sports, I say it's going down a dangerous path that will undo it's dominance.

Nobody? Not surprised!

Bisping Vs Hendo is a fight people want to see. Hendo was top of several polls about who Bisping should fight next. Your opinion is your opinion, don't forget that.

In a sport where most people are payed peanuts, how can you complain that a fighter is trying to make some good money while he has the chance?

*to

And Wonderboy, not too long ago said he wanted to fight Lawler. Tyron just tossed that back in his face.

A grammar Nazi, well done.

I'm sure Wonderboy didn't give a shit about who he fought as long as they had the title.
R u kidding? I'm 100% down to pay and watch Nick become UFC world champ

That's IF Diaz becomes the champ. He's 0-2 in UFC title challenges btw.

Woodley calling out Nick is waaaaaaaaay more disgraceful than Bisping calling out Hendo. At least Hendo isn't on a three fight losing streak, just KO'd a former champion in devastating fashion & has straight up flatlined Bisping before.

Bisping Vs Hendo is a fight people want to see. Hendo was top of several polls about who Bisping should fight next. Your opinion is your opinion, don't forget that.

In a sport where most people are payed peanuts, how can you complain that a fighter is trying to make some good money while he has the chance?
Let's see who actually pays when it counts!

So you want him to fight Wonderboy? So he can end up like Lawler who fights in war after war?

A lot of times what is best for the fighter is not best for the fan, and is surely not the best thing for the promoter.

*to

He said he wants to fight the Champion. And it's not even like the MW situation, Wonderboy is clear #1 contender. You can even argue that he deserved the shot before Woodley.

Yes, you're wrong. Sports are about making THE MOST MONEY so of course call out guys with big names in order to make more cash. Nerds like you aren't going to pay the bills once their bodies give out on them.

If it was really merit based, Woodley and Bisping wouldn't have fought for titles in the first place.

Calling out guys who don't deserve a shot just to preserve their title status. Reminds me of Boxing.

I thought MMA fighters were down to fight the best in the sport?

I thought this sport was for fighters who wanted to prove themselves against the best?

Guess I thought wrong.

Am I wrong Sherdog?

He's just out on money fights,can't really blame him for that. Conor is the big cause of this, better blame the UFC giving these fights. But as we all know, it's all about the money!

At least Woodley was honest about his reasoning. Making more money.

But, you're not wrong.

Let's see who actually pays when it counts!

If it's in the UK will it even be on PVP in US? If it isn't, doesn't really matter who he fights to be honest, he'll likely sell out the Manchester MEN or O2 arena by himself.

With Bisping I can totally understand it.

He is a highlight reel at the moment and still gets stick for the KO now, he wants revenge before Henderson retires and now that he has the belt he has something that makes the fight interesting for Dan.

I don't blame him one little bit.

t just to preserve their title status.

Am I wrong Sherdog?

Not entirely.
Woodley always wanted to fight Nick Diaz, it was one of the fights that never happened. He always thought he could beat him. He probably would have been his kryptonite. But now, a Diaz fight is a money fight and he might preserve his title a bit lnger by default, not as a main objective

Plus Bisping wants to defend that brutal loss. He is on knockout highlight reel after highlight reel. Fans wanna seeit & he likely preserves his title by default too. He would have picked Hendo if he was in top 10. It just sucks that he's like #13. The build up before was great, and will likely be great again.

It's prize fighting, entertainment and sports all at different times and the same time. Can't please everyone :(

Back