Banned
Reaction score
What say you?

s_bsa_monarch.jpg

ak46_2.jpg

vs.

vtr1.jpg

AKAGUN-74_rt-D.jpg

Hard to choose... polymer is water resistant, a tad bit lighter and more durable. But wood has that "classic" look and feel to it.

Depends on the gun. My AKs have plastic, M1 Garand is wood, etc.

Depends on use also. If it goingto be a safe queen that just goes out to the range once in a while then wood. Can't beat the looks and feel of wood.

If its gonna spend some time in the field and needs to be able to take a beating, survive elements, and be as light as possible when carrying. Polymer all the way.

In the two rifles pictured I like the wood furniture better.

For functionality, polymer.
For aesthetics, wood.

But really, I do not keep weapons for their looks. I don't hang them on the walls as artworks.
I don't really care how pretty a tool looks as long as it works.

Therefore, if everything else is equal, I go for the polymer.

I like wood on certain guns like a 1911 grip, winchester 70 or an old battle rifle. I have no issue with polymer on modern weapons though.

As others have said, I like the classic look and feel of blued steel and walnut, but I love the freedom to beat up on polymer and stainless steel. The only exception to the former would be "red" rifles; I wouldn't worry about putting scratches on a Commie gun that costs under $200 and eats surplus, corrosive 7.62x39s anyway.

Call me a "tacticool noob" or whatever you want to but I prefer the polymer look on everything. I've always been a fan of all black anything not just guns. Keep it simple, keep it clean.

Call me a "tacticool noob" or whatever you want to but I prefer the polymer look on everything. I've always been a fan of all black anything not just guns. Keep it simple, keep it clean.

Mossberg-464-ZMB-Lever-Action-Rifle.jpg

I kid.

wood for sure man

all my rifles sans the ar have wood stocks. it just seems right to me.

back in the day out west ppl carried wood stocked rifles all the time. if you maintain it no big deal.

i like wood on an ak as well, though its strictly an aesthetic thing. if im running a carbine in a practical setting, lighter is better.

i dont have an ak though, just my ar. that is my mall ninja gun, i guess

Typically I prefer the look of wood, but I also appreciate the durability and the lower price of guns with synthetic stocks.

If price was not a factor I think I'd go with wood almost every time. It's much sexier and although it's not as durable as synthetic it will last if you look after it.

I know that pic is for a joke, but I do like it. Is it real?
Did a quick search. Looks like we will be getting a Mossberg 30-30 lever action and a 12 ga pump shotgun in the ZMB design. God, I am glad I live in the Zombie Era.
Mossberg-500-Chainsaw-ZMB-Series-6-Shot-Pump-Action-Shotgun.jpg

500-ZMB-Persuader-8-Shot-Pump-Action-Shotgun.jpg

I know that pic is for a joke, but I do like it. Is it real?
Did a quick search. Looks like we will be getting a Mossberg 30-30 lever action and a 12 ga pump shotgun in the ZMB design. God, I am glad I live in the Zombie Era.
Mossberg-500-Chainsaw-ZMB-Series-6-Shot-Pump-Action-Shotgun.jpg

500-ZMB-Persuader-8-Shot-Pump-Action-Shotgun.jpg

Just to bastardize it further, someone should add a large loop, a tang mounted, ladder sight, co-witnessed through a red dot, and M203 under the barrel.

[/trollololol]

Back