Wonderbread the Ninja vs. Slow Rig (5 easy gifs)

Wonderboy was operating on a whole other level. Made Hendricks look like a clueless amateur.

One of the most flawless performances I think I've ever seen in the UFC. A masterpiece.

What it really comes down to is that for some reason, Hendricks just decided to stop fighting after that failed takedown attempt. Some people can't handle adversity. Sometimes for a dude that is a really good wrestler like Hendricks, that one failed takedown is all the adversity needed to quit.

Thank you, Rosholt/Nelson put me to sleep so I missed the main and end of co main. I'm happy Thompson won impressively (from posts/gifs anyways)

All i saw in those gifts was johny frustrated that thompson kept running away from him.
That's all you saw in those gifs? You're either delusional and hallucinating or you need to see an eye doctor. Either way you should probably see a doctor.

Look at big john, he's a fucking pro, he's just giving the dead man stare to Hendricks, waiting for him to give up, he never once looked at wonderboy.

Nah, dude, Hendricks lost because he didn't have the right training partners who knew the right way to do karate. Come on.

Nah, dude, Hendricks lost because he didn't have the right training partners who knew the right way to do karate. Come on.

True. Combined with Johny's handwraps once again being too thick. Someone needs to be held accountable for this bullshit because it's costing him wins.

True. Combined with Johny's handwraps once again being too thick. Someone needs to be held accountable for this bullshit because it's costing him wins.

Damn training partners exchanging with him fucked everything up.

Hendricks is saying Wonderboy ran away, i'm saying Wonderboy dropped bombs on Hendricks so bad, that Hendricks needed 8 steps to recover and he was wonder how the hell did Wonderboy make that distance.

Wonderbread hahahahahahahah1!!!

Got damn! look at that power in that spinning back kick
That kick was really the strike that ended the fight. Johny was done after that, he just wilted. Every strike that followed was a formality.

That's all you saw in those gifs? You're either delusional and hallucinating or you need to see an eye doctor. Either way you should probably see a doctor.

Don't scare him away. He's one of the rare "Hendricks fan" specimen left.

Johnny can beat Wonderboy no doubt, but he couldn't get shit going last night.

The first thing that struck me when this fight started... "It looks like Hendricks is fighting a giant in there."

Immense size difference. Hadn't realized how tall and broad Thompson is. And a lot of what we saw in that fight was a product of that huge length and reach advantage.

Thompson the JBJ of the WW division ;)

I was so glad to see that dismantling. Back of the line Fat Rig.

I honestly thought Wonderboy had no chance and figured Johny would wrestle him into oblivion. Boy was I wrong. This is why you can't count anyone out in MMA. Literally anything can happen. Thompson looked so loose and calm in there like he was just messing around in some sparring instead of fighting a former champion and the #2 WW.

That was a special performance last night.

He got bit coming in once to often. Reminded me of a bear sticking his hand in the honey pot. 1 Rush in. Stung. Confused look. 2nd time. Rush in. Stung. Confused look. 3rd time. Rush in. Really stung. Scared look. At that point he was broken. He knew he was going to loose. Wonder-boy got some skill. Him and Robbie would be an interesting. fight. But to not give Carlos a rematch would be criminal.

Love the analogy. I think that Condits new implementation of game plans has hurt his career and earning value. He doesnt want to fight. He wants to throw 50 percent 1-2's with a high kick has gotten old. He disengages quickly in brawls when he's not gassed. He's a point fighter who the judges clearly have picked up on. I think by scoring criteria that he should have had at least a draw. But who wants to keep watching that shit. He's tall and lanky. He barely throws meaningful shots. It looks like he's a robot programmed to do the same thing over and over again. His grit is admirable, but if the other guy is throwing 100% trying to kill him and he's throwing his predictable 50% combos over and over again, the judges are going to just bypass the strike count and see who's trying to end the fight and cause damage. As opposed to who's trying to survive. Look at Nelson vs. Rosholt. Outlanded but scared the whole time doesnt always win. People and judges want to see aggression and damage. Its not always the case though.

He was just trying to one-up Chris Weidman. Hendricks goes 70% so Chris goes 10-20%, Hendricks made a point by going 5% out there tonight.

I wonder if leaving 'team take down' had anything to do with Hendricks's terrible performance. It looked as if Hendricks had little to no idea how to deal with Thompson.

Back