Wonderboys Roundhouse kick is not that great..

Don't get so offended because you are having a few flaws that are easily addressed pointed out. If you sort these issues out, it will help you when you are kicking people instead of air.

Air not hit back

They cannot be addressed since I'm innately stiff post kick. I know more about kicking than you do and there are far more flaws than what you pointed out. I just kicked as high as possible.

They cannot be addressed since I'm innately stiff post kick. I know more about kicking than you do and there are far more flaws than what you pointed out. I just kicked as high as possible.

What? Wait, that's as high as you can kick and you know more than I do about kicking? <45>i feel sorry for you coach, worse type of student, a know it all, who is terrible at the basics

What? Wait, that's as high as you can kick and you know more than I do about kicking? <45>i feel sorry for you coach, worse type of student, a know it all, who is terrible at the basics

Yeah I bet I know more about kicking theoretically than you do, since you think somebody who gets a fucking leg swung at him, no matter how crappy, is going to counter punch. Not only does it violate the laws of dimensions, it's completely unrealistic unless you attribute Sonic reflexes to my opponents. I have sparred for 5 years and never had the "Aikido side step" and counter punch that you say that I'm perceptible to. It really looks like you never trained a day in your life with such comments. Sorry...

FYI your innately stiff post kick because you have been throwing your legs about as quick as you can with bad technique for the last few years so now if you try to do anything correctly your hip flexers hurt and you've got zero control over what happens to you legs post kick.

It can all be addressed, you just can't be bothered to spend the next year or so going back to basics and correcting your form because you think you are too good already.

I'm sure you will come up with some excuse about it being genetics or something.

Yeah I bet I know more about kicking theoretically than you do, since you think somebody who gets a fucking leg swung at him, no matter how crappy, is going to counter punch. Not only does it violate the laws of dimensions, it's completely unrealistic unless you attribute Sonic reflexes to my opponents. I have sparred for 5 years and never had the "Aikido side step" and counter punch that you say that I'm perceptible to. It really looks like you never trained a day in your life with such comments. Sorry...

Any decent kickboxing coach will tell you it's good to answer kicks with punches, and punches with kicks.

It's differcult to do this if the knee is brought across the centre line before you extend the kick.

But you are at full extension on the centre line when your kick is finished (nothing wrong with that, esp in tkd ruleset, just a different style of roundhouse). But in kickboxing style ruleset, you kick is going to get answered pretty easy. Sorry.

If you had some decent power in your kicks, you may make it more differcult bu gaining their respect... But you dont

If you had some decent power in your kicks, you may make it more differcult bu gaining their respect... But you dont

I have more than decent power at mid section. And I have sparred plenty of Thaiboxers and kickboxers in the club.

Thats because he isn't throwing it Muay thai style he is using more tkd where you bring your knee up pause then flex the shin to the target. Also he doesn't sit down on his moves he is always moving around.

Thats because he isn't throwing it Muay thai style he is using more tkd where you bring your knee up pause then flex the shin to the target. Also he doesn't sit down on his moves he is always moving around.

I had already said he is kicking a tkd style roundhouse.

Landing fully extended with no control of how he recovers his leg will make it easy to be answered.

And How is he Always moving around? The videos are always 2 seconds long. His leg falls to the side and and he lands with his back to his opponent (as previous illustrations show).

Taking that into account, with the fact he gives off a massive tel before he kicks, he is going to end up in a lot of trouble.

He isn't in control of his kick at all. Hence why he trys to edit the recovery out

Wait, spacetime is this you?

I had already said he is kicking a tkd style roundhouse.

Landing fully extended with no control of how he recovers his leg will make it easy to be answered.

And How is he Always moving around? The videos are always 2 seconds long. His leg falls to the side and and he lands with his back to his opponent (as previous illustrations show).

Taking that into account, with the fact he gives off a massive tel before he kicks, he is going to end up in a lot of trouble.

He isn't in control of his kick at all. Hence why he trys to edit the recovery out

Wait, spacetime is this you?

I'm not going to fight anybody so who the fuck cares? We were discussing kicking at different heights. Oh and btw, landing in a side stance is very good since you have no other target but a shoulder to strike.

Why’d you make your video private? I wanted to see.

I'm not going to fight anybody so who the fuck cares? We were discussing kicking at different heights. Oh and btw, landing in a side stance is very good since you have no other target but a shoulder to strike.

Landing in side stance can be fine, except in the video your not landing at all. You are bringing you leg down to your left exposing your back to the person the kick would be aimed at.

You go from this...

Screenshot_20200221_124717.jpg

To this...

Screenshot_20200221_124945.jpg

Let's say they slid back, evaded your kick, then slid forward again. You would be in all sorts of trouble.

This whole discussion was you saying wonderboy roundhouse is overrated while you think yours is better. You edit yours to try and make it look better than it is. It is improving, flexibility is getting a little better, but you are still relying on getting it there with so much effort the rest of the kick is suffering.

If you care about your own martial arts education (which you've just admitted you don't), I suggest you stop making excuses and giving reasons why your are looking terrible and just work on getting better.

I'm sure you look great amongst the people you train with, but unfortunately, it's at a really low standard in any half decent competitive school

Landing in side stance can be fine, except in the video your not landing at all. You are bringing you leg down to your left exposing your back to the person the kick would be aimed at.

Only because I was going too high and overrotated at the end

There

[
Slide? Are you seriously some keyboard philosopher who've been watching HongKong movies all his life?

So, taking the kick past the centre line is wrong. It's impossible to answer kicks with punches. And you can't use (basic) footwork to slide back and evade a technique...oh dear, you really don't have a clue.

Good luck with your training any how.

[

It's impossible to answer kicks with punches. And you can't use (basic) footwork to slide back and evade a technique...oh dear, you really don't have a clue.

Correct. You can not physically land a punch on someone who is in range to extend a leg that lands on you or in your direction. Do I really need to explain why?

Correct. You can not physically land a punch on someone who is in range to extend a leg that lands on you or in your direction. Do I really need to explain why?

Yes, legs are longer than arms. But, I'll give you a clue...having long arms is not how you answer kicks with punches.

Back