Wonderboy's ground game

No Cardio, I see his ground improved his cardio hasn't been tested.

Lol im now sure your a troll.

Claiming woodley is a class above and that he may not have the cardio to beat woodley who seems to fade outside the first and second round

Yeah... is not like the Matt Brown fight was a zillion years ago and Wonderboy has not improved a lot since that.

Ellenberger, Rory and Hendricks have really good takedowns and offensive grappling... neither did anything to Wonderboy.
This.

why do people still bring up the brown fight? it was years ago and it was one of the best things that could've happened to wonderboy, it made him so much better. Bringing up that loss would be like bringing up aldos early submission loss. People improve.
Well people bring up Woodly's loss against Jake Shields.

Also, what the hell TS? Woodley is the one who gasses after 2 rounds. Would HIS gas tank hold for 5 heavy rounds?

Rory had 5 rounds to do anything to Wonderboy.

Rory just ended up being the "Red King"

a bloddy mess

bringing up a loss to jake shields isnt anything to scoff at.
Neither is Matt Brown but that wasn't my point. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy round this place.

Truth is you can improve but someone like Woodley a champ with strong wrestling is a class above.

It's because he's a champ that he'll lose.

Being a champ in the UFC these days means you're a loser.

why do people still bring up the brown fight? it was years ago and it was one of the best things that could've happened to wonderboy, it made him so much better. Bringing up that loss would be like bringing up aldos early submission loss. People improve.

Probably because people still bring up Woodley's loss to Marquardt. How many times did that gif get posted in the lead up to Woodley/Lawler?

Its what we do.

The Matt Brown fight was ages ago. Since then he has negated the wrestling of world class fighters like Hendricks and Rory.
I don't remember Rory attempting any TDs. I really don't remember Rory doing anything until the 4th when he threw caution to the wind and then started catching WB.

Only watched that fight live so I could be wrong.

Everyone saying he de-thrones Woodley seem to forget the Matt Brown fight. He was taken down very easily and in a lot of his fights he greatly slows down by the third. Brown really messed him up with elbows from top and Woodley is much bigger and much stronger, sure Wonderboy has amazing striking but could he stop Woodley's takedowns? Would his gas tank hold for 5 heavy rounds? I think he does need a test fight with Lawler IMO.

You do realize that the Matt Brown fight was in 2012???

Wonderboy has not been taken down since the Brown fight.

I don't remember Rory attempting any TDs. I really don't remember Rory doing anything until the 4th when he threw caution to the wind and then started catching WB.

He tried a couple Imanari's roll, shouldn't count as TD attempts imo.

Wonderboy has not been taken down since the Brown fight.

He tried a couple Imanari's roll, shouldn't count as TD attempts imo.
Yeah I remember the roll looking for the leg lock/heel hook. I more so meant traditional TDs and trips. Didn't see any attempted partly because Rory couldn't get his hands on WB.

So he needs to test his cardio. Then his ground game. Then his TDD. Then his striking. Because you have questions no one else does?

Everyone saying he de-thrones Woodley seem to forget the Matt Brown fight. He was taken down very easily and in a lot of his fights he greatly slows down by the third. Brown really messed him up with elbows from top and Woodley is much bigger and much stronger, sure Wonderboy has amazing striking but could he stop Woodley's takedowns? Would his gas tank hold for 5 heavy rounds? I think he does need a test fight with Lawler IMO.

(questions Fighter's takedown defense)

(asserts that Fighter therefore needs a test fight against a fighter who does not rely at all on takedowns)

solid logic there TS

Went a full 5 rounds with Rory and did pretty well. Tyron Woodley has a history of gassing.

Wanna keep nitpicking?

and in case nobody remembers, rory played woodley like a drum

He was going for alot of heel hook attempts but there were a couple of takedowns that Wonderboy stopped. Wonderboy even ended up reversing an attempt and getting on top of Rory briefly in either the fourth or fifth round.

Went a full 5 rounds with Rory and did pretty well. Tyron Woodley has a history of gassing.

Wanna keep nitpicking?

by history of gassing do you mean he comes from a long family history of gassers? you know, as in he is genealogically predisposed to gassing? i mean, as in people from his ancestral land are known to have cardio issues??

i'm not trying to suggest anything here...JUST ASKING QUESTIONS

Back