Wonderboy would ko Ruthless

i think Wonderboy is legit as they come. i will pick him over any other WW besides gsp/diaz.
gsp will wear him down and grind to a UD. diaz is tough sob, if he game plans he can beat anyone but he dont

GSP never really faced someone on Thompsons level standing though and I think generally were seeing that WW was actually a much less evolved division during his title run than the hype made it. The level of striking and submission ability was quite limited compared to many other divisions.

Thompson is the vet. His record is 57-0 as a Kickboxer and he's been fighting since age 15... Robbie Lawler is only 1 year older than Thompson lol...

I still don't know why people underestimate this guy. If you are going to strike with him, you will lose. Even if your name is Robbie Lawler.

He's been in the fight scene for a veryyyy long time.
I
I'm going with mma fight time. ..seems like robbie has more time and been in the harder fights.
Robbie is walking around with more damage from the sport then thompson.
Hendricks was great and stayed fresh ending fight quickly , then a few hard fights especially the Lawler fight, changed him

I agree.

Lawler struggled with the volume / unorthodox technique of Condit.

Wonderboy could lay the damage on quicker,

Lawler was very inactive and almost overwhelmed/confused against Condit and Hendricks 2.

No, but would be a crazy fight.
Should be made right now.

Guys,calm down with the hype. Lawler has a bad habit of falling asleep during fights but his chin is granite and Wonderboy got knocked down by Ellenberger.

You act like Ellenberger isn't one of the hardest punchers in the division lol. Ellenbergurger is up there with Hendricks, lawler and lombard in terms of power.

So wonderboy is the new hype now?

Great fight from him but I am getting the feeling Hendricks underestimated him a bit.
Should be a great fight, but I don't think Lawler will underestimate him after yesterday.

My point is that people are getting too high on Wonderboy. Ellenberger is not known for his chin either,the Rory example you just made is a testament to Robbie's chin.
Oh please tell me a list of all the guys that have ko'd Jake in his 40+ fights. And you sound a little ridiculous saying we're too high on Wonderboy who has only lost once in 70 fights and just knocked out the #2 WW inside a round.

Maybe, but the same shots that rocked and broke Hendricks would make Lawler laugh like a psychopath and go into berserker mode.

He might but then again Ruthless may just KO Thompson. Hendricks is an undisciplined and unprofessional fighter. His lack of proper preparation has shown this as the truth. He made weight but then turned around and blamed a lack of karate style training partners. Ruthless is a complete professional at this stage in his life. He will train properly, as he has doing for years now, show up properly prepared and likely refuse to stand at range. Should be a great fight and I can't wait to see it go down.

Oh please tell me a list of all the guys that have ko'd Jake in his 40+ fights. And you sound a little ridiculous saying we're too high on Wonderboy who has only lost once in 70 fights and just knocked out the #2 WW inside a round.

Saying Wonderboy would KO Robbie means people are high on him. The Ellenberger example was meant to say that if a fighter with "only" heavy hands(because the current days Jake is a very limited fighter,no kicks,gunshy,and doesn't use his wrestling anymore) put Thompson in a very dangerous position,a much better striker with a much better chin in Robbie Lawler would be a very tough matchup for him.

Back