Wonderboy vs. Woodley = Machida vs. Rashad?

You bring up an interesting point... How did Rashad have good cardio, despite being black?

thatswacist.gif

Wonderboy via KO (privilege).

Wonderboy vs Woodley = Woodley vs Wonderboy

Machida is better than Wonderboy.
Not in my opinion.

I think Wonderboy is one of the best strikers MMA has seen. No joking.. he has a few years to prove me right or wrong.. but I think he is a very special fighter.

Rashad boxes and kicks substantially more and is a much, much better wrestler.

Woodley's main thing is his power.
You have it backwards.

For starters, Woodley was a vastly superior collegiate wrestler. As far as applying it to MMA, Woodley has the advantage as well. They're on a similar level in terms offensive wrestling, but Woodley is much more difficult to take down. IIRC, Shields was 0/18 against him.

Outside of the highlight-reel KO against Sean Salmon, Rashad has never been known for his kicks. They're not the hallmark of Woodley's game, either, but he can generate a lot of power with them. He chopped Shields down with the very first one he threw. Woodley is the superior overall athlete. Rashad is fast, explosive and closes distance well, but Woodley is just on a different level in all aspects.

How in the hell could I tell people I am UFC fan after hearing the phrase... " The Wonderboy Era has begun".

week-in-review-james-franco-gifs-nerd.gif

Woodley better hope doesn't end up Shadfaced. Shertards don't deserve any happiness

uhn? woodley is a wrestler with a big punch (rashad). machida is a counter striker with karate background.(wonderboy)

i think it is theoretically pretty close.

and oh god, please JBG give us an unforgettable woodface. im 100% with you on that.

Just because the two are both wrestlers doesn't mean they are the same. That's like saying Tito Ortiz is like Jon Jones. I mean, they're both wrestlers right?

It's like Machida and Wonderboy. The two are both karatekas but they don't fight anything alike.

Woodley and Rashad are very different. Dont let the "both are black wrestlers" thing confuse you. For starters, Rashad has 100x the cardio Woodley has.

Next woodley has more power. Physically he is far more athletic. Rashad isn't anywhere as explosive as Woodley.

Third, people talk about the Chuck Ko but the truth is Rashad was a decisionator. He will occasionally punch you out, but he's not exactly a hard puncher. Woodley has more of a killer instinct.

Rashad fights for.the long haul, but Woodley likes to finish as quick as possible.

The two have some superficial similarities but that's all they are. Don't take it at face value, just like how you shouldn't make cheap comparisons of Machida and Wonderboy.

That said, Shoop Face Woodley, please make an appearance. Oh Just Bleed God, I your Holy Apostle Mochan implore you!

Just because the two are both wrestlers doesn't mean they are the same. That's like saying Tito Ortiz is like Jon Jones. I mean, they're both wrestlers right?

It's like Machida and Wonderboy. The two are both karatekas but they don't fight anything alike.

Woodley and Rashad are very different. Dont let the "both are black wrestlers" thing confuse you. For starters, Rashad has 100x the cardio Woodley has.

Next woodley has more power. Physically he is far more athletic. Rashad isn't anywhere as explosive as Woodley.

Third, people talk about the Chuck Ko but the truth is Rashad was a decisionator. He will occasionally punch you out, but he's not exactly a hard puncher. Woodley has more of a killer instinct.

Rashad fights for.the long haul, but Woodley likes to finish as quick as possible.

The two have some superficial similarities but that's all they are. Don't take it at face value, just like how you shouldn't make cheap comparisons of Machida and Wonderboy.

That said, Shoop Face Woodley, please make an appearance. Oh Just Bleed God, I your Holy Apostle Mochan implore you!

Yeah man, im not going to disagree with what you are saying. But i think TS was talking more along the lines of "in general" they are similar... i mean, of course they have differences between them. I wasnt saying they are identical. But i can see where TS is coming from.

Cool breakdown though ;)

The Differences

Woodley is faster (even relatively speaking) and he has way more power in his punches (relatively speaking).

So he's a more dangerous opponent than Rashad. Rashad is more of a decision threat than a finishing threat.

Wonderboy is a far more aggressive striker than Machida. Machida is more of a counter striker and Wonderboy is an offensive Dynamo.

Machida's TD defense is 10x better than Wonderboy's.

So there are tons of important differences.

The Similarities

Rashad and Woodley are black. They were both wrestlers at Midwestern colleges.

Machida and Wonderboy are both Karatekas who were trained by their fathers.

No word yet on whether Wonderboy drinks piss.

The Differences

Woodley is faster (even relatively speaking) and he has way more power in his punches (relatively speaking).

So he's a more dangerous opponent than Rashad. Rashad is more of a decision threat than a finishing threat.

Wonderboy is a far more aggressive striker than Machida. Machida is more of a counter striker and Wonderboy is an offensive Dynamo.

Machida's TD defense is 10x better than Wonderboy's.

So there are tons of important differences.

The Similarities

Rashad and Woodley are black. They were both wrestlers at Midwestern colleges.

Machida and Wonderboy are both Karatekas who were trained by their fathers.

No word yet on whether Wonderboy drinks piss.

Anyone with an IQ over 60 and a modicum of objectivity can see more similarities than that. But if you're on the on SJW "you can't compare two black fighters....that's wacist!!" wagon, then I guess that's to be expected.

As I noted earlier, both Rashad (see Chuck KO) and Woodley have a good bit of power. Both are quick and have some similar movements/feints in their "Am I going for a TD or a punch?"

However, both can be overconfident in their striking. Neither one has ever picked apart another quality striker. They either win by smartly combining wrestling/striking (Rashad-Rampage) or an early KO.

See Rashad vs. Machida, Jones and Little Nog (who way passed his prime) for his limitations in a long-term striking situation. Woodley had very similar experiences vs. a younger/better Marquardt, Rory and even high-volume/zero power striker Jake Shields.

And while there are certainly some differences between Wonderboy and Machida, it's much more accurate to compare them with each other than to compare them with strikers who are primarily MT or boxing-based.

Anyone with an IQ over 60 and a modicum of objectivity can see more similarities than that. But if you're on the on SJW "you can't compare two black fighters....that's wacist!!" wagon, then I guess that's to be expected.

As I noted earlier, both Rashad (see Chuck KO) and Woodley have a good bit of power. Both are quick and have some similar movements/feints in their "Am I going for a TD or a punch?"

However, both can be overconfident in their striking. Neither one has ever picked apart another quality striker. They either win by smartly combining wrestling/striking (Rashad-Rampage) or an early KO.

See Rashad vs. Machida, Jones and Little Nog (who way passed his prime) for his limitations in a long-term striking situation. Woodley had very similar experiences vs. a younger/better Marquardt, Rory and even high-volume/zero power striker Jake Shields.

And while there are certainly some differences between Wonderboy and Machida, it's much more accurate to compare them with each other than to compare them with strikers who are primarily MT or boxing-based.
Sorry, dude. You're reaching. Woodley has TONS of power. Rashad has exactly ONE quality KO over a past-his-prime Liddell.

No one is afraid of Rashad's power. Everyone a WW knows that Woodley's powers is the real deal.

Verdict: Power not similar at all.

Ok what are the other similarities you claim? Since you clearly have a superior IQ, I'm sure you can point out all the other similarities that us tiny minded folks can't see.

But something tells me that I've already covered it.

lol this will be so funny if it plays out like that.

there is only one way to find out.

Sorry, dude. You're reaching. Woodley has TONS of power. Rashad has exactly ONE quality KO over a past-his-prime Liddell.

No one is afraid of Rashad's power. Everyone a WW knows that Woodley's powers is the real deal.

Verdict: Power not similar at all.

Ok what are the other similarities you claim? Since you clearly have a superior IQ, I'm sure you can point out all the other similarities that us tiny minded folks can't see.

But something tells me that I've already covered it.

I've pointed out other similarities several times. At this point, the only thing I can direct you to is a site like this: http://www.englishmaven.org/Pages/Reading Comprehension.htm

The real funny thing is that Machida actually started out as a pro wrestler, he only took real fights to build his image.
Holy shit, that's crazy!

I've pointed out other similarities several times. At this point, the only thing I can direct you to is a site like this: http://www.englishmaven.org/Pages/Reading Comprehension.htm
Nah, I've read all of your posts in this thread. The similarities you've pointed out are superficial and pointless.

THEY'RE NOT BOTH POWER PUNCHERS!!!

That's all you've got. It takes no level of reading comprehension to understand that...

I think you've overestimated your own IQ.

Back