Wonderboy vs. Woodley = Machida vs. Rashad?

mkt

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I think it could, especially if Woodley can't take down Wonderboy. Rashad never even tried to take Machida down, but I think Woodley would at least make a few attempts.

Remember, Rashad had recently KO'd Chuck in a brutal fashion. He and many of his fans thought he could stand with Lyoto. While Rashad had power and was fast, he had nowhere near Machida's overall technique or diversity of striking.

Last edited:
Woodley isn't anything like Rashad. Like, the only thing they have in common is they're both black.

I do agree though that the fight would end similarly with a shoop-worthy Woodley.

Woodley isn't anything like Rashad. Like, the only thing they have in common is they're both black.

I do agree though that the fight would end similarly with a shoop-worthy Woodley.

What are the main differences between the 2?

Both are collegiate wrestlers. Both are power punchers with quick hands, but neither have the ability to outstrike another quality striker over a long fight. See Woodley vs. a younger Nate Marquardt, Rory or even Jake "Pitter Patter" Shields. See Rashad vs Machida, Jones or even Little Nog.

wonderbread spins more

im a fan of thompson by the way, just like callin him wonderbread

maybe woodley has better kicks but thats it

There are some similarities. The way they feint and body movement and twitches sometimes are so similar.

Funny thing is Machida actually has a smaller frame than Wonderboy yet he fought at LHW and crushed his opponents. True legend.

uhn? woodley is a wrestler with a big punch (rashad). machida is a counter striker with karate background.(wonderboy)

i think it is theoretically pretty close.

and oh god, please JBG give us an unforgettable woodface. im 100% with you on that.

Machida is better than Wonderboy.

Wonderboy is more accurate overall, Machida can get you with that one killer sniper shot but if that doesn't land he has trouble keeping guys off of him. Wonderboy is a lot harder to put pressure on because he will punish you every time you try to get near him. Machida needs time to figure out his opponents timing/movement, it often takes him a round or 2 before he starts landing his shots. Wonderboy is ready to hurt you from the go. He's also has bigger advantage range wise.

Funny thing is Machida actually has a smaller frame than Wonderboy yet he fought at LHW and crushed his opponents. True legend.

The real funny thing is that Machida actually started out as a pro wrestler, he only took real fights to build his image.

Woodely is a completely superior genetic specimen to Rashad, as Wonderboy is to Machida

Back