Wonderboy vs Venom anyone?

Whoa time out. Does page have a 57-0 kickboxing record?
They didn't compete in the same sport, MVP fought in freestyle kickboxing which is point fighting, he is a 10 time world champion, but I will admit to not really knowing how legit both guys world championships are.

Wonderboy Vs Condit or better Vs Diaz, would be awesome to see Nick trashtalk Wonderboy because of spinning shit throw at him XD

Wonderboy Vs Condit or better Vs Diaz, would be awesome to see Nick trashtalk Wonderboy because of spinning shit throw at him XD
Wonderboy would embarrass Diaz.

Wonderboy would embarrass Diaz.

That I will agree with you on aha! Diaz' slow plodding style is literally the perfect style for Thompson to fight. Can stay on the outside and tee off with ease.

Well we aren't all plastic fans that get our "knowledge" from Fight Finder.

Some of us actually have the ability to do this weird thing called "watching fights" and get this, this will blow your brains! Some of us (bear with me here) can actually analyse what's going on and even see what some fighters strengths and weaknesses are.

You probably won't believe something that crazy but I swear it's the truth.

Plus Thompson has improved greatly since that fight and now trains day in day out with Weidman, so he's actively trying to improve his grappling and has since then (3 years ago).

Page still trains in the UK at the moment and isn't cutting his teeth against the same level of competition so we really don't know how much he has/will improve.

Thompson has endured the the tough fights and lost, he's realised grappling was his major weakness and has since stuffed the best wrestler in the Welterweight division in former champ Johny Hendricks.

Page has gone on to fight Rudy Bears, Charlie Ontiveros and now finally is stepping up ever so slightly taking on Fernando Gonzalez soon.

Not to knock the guy, he's exciting and great for MMA but Thompson right now is the much better MMA fighter.

Your first statement on this thread was "Page is nowhere near the Wonderboy's lever or ranking" and "Thompson is light years ahead of Venom in MMA"

I just pointed out they fought the same opponent and only one year apart:

Here are the fights, so everyone judge for themselves:
http://mmaversus.com/2013/07/27/stephen-thompson-vs-nah-shon-burrell-fight-video-ufc-160/

http://bestinmma.blogspot.hr/2014/10/michael-page-vs-nah-shon-burrell.html

I personally don't see much difference as you present them to be.

Your first statement on this thread was "Page is nowhere near the Wonderboy's lever or ranking" and "Thompson is light years ahead of Venom in MMA"

I just pointed out they fought the same opponent and only one year apart:

Here are the fights, so everyone judge for themselves:
http://mmaversus.com/2013/07/27/stephen-thompson-vs-nah-shon-burrell-fight-video-ufc-160/

http://bestinmma.blogspot.hr/2014/10/michael-page-vs-nah-shon-burrell.html

I personally don't see much difference as you present them to be.

Please refer to my previous post. Look at the fights since both their bouts vs Burrell, you can't even compare them, it's night and day.

Thompson's last fight - Beat former champion and best wrestler in the division.

Page's last fight: - Beat a complete rookie with a 6-3 record.

"Plus Thompson has improved greatly since that fight and now trains day in day out with Weidman, so he's actively trying to improve his grappling and has since then (3 years ago).

Page still trains in the UK at the moment and isn't cutting his teeth against the same level of competition so we really don't know how much he has/will improve.

Thompson has endured the the tough fights and lost, he's realised grappling was his major weakness and has since stuffed the best wrestler in the Welterweight division in former champ Johny Hendricks.

Page has gone on to fight Rudy Bears, Charlie Ontiveros and now finally is stepping up ever so slightly taking on Fernando Gonzalez soon.

Not to knock the guy, he's exciting and great for MMA but Thompson right now is the much better MMA fighter."

Has Venom ever even fought a top 50 guy?

Please refer to my previous post.

"Plus Thompson has improved greatly since that fight and now trains day in day out with Weidman, so he's actively trying to improve his grappling and has since then (3 years ago).

Not to knock the guy, he's exciting and great for MMA but Thompson right now is the much better MMA fighter."

That's a speculation, you cannot know how much has Page improved/not improved. McGregor was training in Ireland (non MMA country) and he came here and destroyed everybody.
Venom is a younger man, so his improvement curve is faster and potential greater than Thompson's

I know he's had some injuries, but I will say i'm getting a bit frustrated waiting on MVP making a step up, he's had 5 fights in Bellator since he joined, i'd like to see him fight Lima if he gets past Fernando Gonzalez.

To put his inactivity into perspective, he joined Bellator before Conor signed with the UFC and Conor had 10 months out with an injury.

That's a speculation, you cannot know how much has Page improved/not improved. McGregor was training in Ireland (non MMA country) and he came here and destroyed everybody.
Venom is a younger man, so his improvement curve is faster and potential greater than Thompson's

We can only judge based on their respective fights, and anyone who knows anything about MMA can clearly see Thompson is the most improved. He just destroyed Johny Hendricks, you seriously going to tell me Page could do the same at this stage of his career? No chance.

I'm not saying he CAN'T reach that level, but right now Thompson is the better MMA fighter and you're delusional if you can't see that.

I know he's had some injuries, but I will say i'm getting a bit frustrated waiting on MVP making a step up, he's had 5 fights in Bellator since he joined, i'd like to see him fight Lima if he gets past Fernando Gonzalez.

To put his inactivity into perspective, he joined Bellator before Conor signed with the UFC and Conor had 10 months out with an injury.

Exactly, if he is going to make it to the upper echleon of Welterweights he needs to be more active and make the step up.

Gonzalez is definitely a step up, he has some solid wins under his belt Amoussou, Zaromskis, Parisyan etc and fought Daley in a Kickboxing match.

I agree, Lima next would make sense if he gets past Gonzalez or maybe McDonough.

And now MVP is injured so we wont even get to see him crush a can

OMG that guys career has been quite mismanaged

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back