Wonderboy vs. MVP

Private Whatley

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm not sure as to the status of MVP's Bellator contract but man, if the UFC were able to sign him, how sick would a Wonderboy showdown be? After tonight's performance, I fully expect Wonderboy to get the title shot and, given the stylistic matchup, I'd heavily favor him over Lawler. Much like Wonderboy, MVP brings a striking pedigree that's wholly unrivaled at WW and though he's nowhere near as proven at this stage in his career, I don't see many guys being able to withstand his brand of offense. Come 2017, I could easily see that as a big money main event. Thoughts?

Wonderboy has KO'ed and beat legit fighters...MVP has beaten mediocre fighters...

Would be a hell of a fight, MVP has more of a chance than he will be given in the heavies.

Does MVP fight in the UFC? No. Does Wonderboy fight in the UFC? Yes. That's all I need to know.

I think MVP is more athletic and explosiv. I think he is also quicker.....but we know many posters believe fighters outside the UFC cant beat the UFC ones

Does MVP fight in the UFC? No. Does Wonderboy fight in the UFC? Yes. That's all I need to know. I'm sure maybe it has happened once or twice, but I cannot think of a single non-UFC fighter who has ever beaten a UFC fighter.

Wtf have we even seen from MVP for the undeserved hype? He's gotten finishes over mediocre cans and struggled with pressure by Nashon Burrel.

Most Valuable Player? I have no idea who any of these people are because I'm a casual and only enjoy watching a select number of guys.

As an Englishman, I would like to see MVP in the UFC
ASAP

MVP and Wonderboy's striking are on another level compared to everyone at WW (and to pretty much everyone else in MMA)

That particular match up would be impossible to predict. They are around the same level at what they do.

Although, I do think that Wonderboy is more suited for MMA than MVP. MVP's frame is lankier than Wonderboy and he would be more susceptible to be taken down. Wonderboy is strong and has great take down defense. MVP still probably wins the Bellator WW belt though imo.

Even though they both come from "point fighting kickboxing" backgrounds, there is no "point fighting" in what they do in the cage.

On paper this seems like an intriguing fight, but this would just end up being a point fighting match most likely (still fun to watch but I wouldn't expect a KO). If Wonderboy is losing, he could resort to wrestling though. Cant say the same for MVP.

It would be a good fight. MVP can't be as flashy and wild as he is against lesser strikers but he has the athleticism edge. It would be interesting. MVP would be massive if he went to UFC and continued to win, that Roy Jones Jr. style he has always wins over casuals.

Back