wonderboy vs maia for #1 contender

Would be a pretty amazing fight stylistically. GSP's usada testing window is done in 4 months.
How many PPV buys does this New Years card get?
Woodley vs GSP
Amanda Nunez vs someone
Wonderboy vs Maia
Lawler vs Nick Diaz
Cody Garbrandt vs Brian Caraway

GSP isn't going to fight Woodly.
Maia is fighting Condit.
That PPV card would get 0 buys, because it's a figment of your imagination. What a dumb question.

Wonderboy vs. Nick Diaz looks a good fight to me. If Woodley is going to face GSP.

If Woodley isn't facing GSP then Wonderboy will get the shot.

WI woyld rather see a stand up war with like Ceronne than watch Maia try to dry fuck him for 3 to 5 rounds.
Opponents are always wet and sweaty when Maia fucks them on the ground. Maia is also a finisher, he finished Brown.

Last edited:
Would be a pretty amazing fight stylistically. GSP's usada testing window is done in 4 months.
Woodley vs GSP
Amanda Nunez vs someone
Wonderboy vs Maia
Lawler vs Nick Diaz

Wonderboy vs. Maia (or Condit if he wins) for #1 contender is a great idea. Wonderboy has been impressive, but 7 wins in a row doesn't guarantee anything. Just ask Matt Brown, Max Holloway, and Tony Ferguson.

Would be nice if Nunes fights Rousey. Pena should fight Schevchenko first; her wins haven't been that impressive.

Lawler vs. Diaz for sure. Maybe as a FOX headliner, but book it for 5 rounds.

Garbrandt vs. Caraway is interesting, but I suspect Garbrandt will be fast-tracked to a title shot if he beats Mizugaki. So maybe Caraway vs. Dillashaw with a title shot on the line.

Wonderboy is the #1 contender. Maia is a ground boss, but I'd rather watch fucking paint dry.

Maia's getting put to sleep in his next fight before he can dryhump any more contenders en route to a title shot so no worries there

very interesting style fight, I would like to see it. How would Thompson do against a guy who has 0% interest in standing.

Maia had a good opportunity against Condit in a 3 rounder, but 5!?
I believe Condit can do enough to not get subbed, and has a great chance of KOing Maia 3rd-5th.

Stfu. Wonderbread has 2 WW fights. Maia IS the WW division once he schools Condit. UFC seniority and general badassery is in play and Maia takes the prize.
You shut the fuck up. You have no fucking idea what youre talking about. Thompson is the number one contender easily

The guy Thompson just easily beat destroyed Maia. And

And how the fuck does he have 2 WW fights? Are you fuckibg braindead?
That dude knew what he was saying. You dont have a fucking clue

You shut the fuck up. You have no fucking idea what youre talking about. Thompson is the number one contender easily

The guy Thompson just easily beat destroyed Maia. And

And how the fuck does he have 2 WW fights? Are you fuckibg braindead?
That dude knew what he was saying. You dont have a fucking clue
You stupid ninny. Rory is not the same fighter if you haven't noticed. He beat Lawler's leftovers. Wonderbread is a Johnny come lately to the division. Maia IS the division and paid his dues. Keep dropping thosevF bombs you candy ass. Let's see Wonderboy finish Dong, Story, Matt Brown whom he lost to. Oh and Chael Sonnen. Consider yourself owned for life. Never respond to my posts again you weak Willie.

If Maia beats Condit he should be the number 1 contender Laflare, Magny, Nelson, Brown, Condit> Rory, Hendricks, Ellenberger, Cote

Lawler should not be getting back in there til sometime next year

Wonderboy is the top contender. Maia is next if he beats Condiit. The x factors are GSP's return and Woodley looking for the money fight (or ducking depending on your point of view).

Woodley vs GSP
Amanda Nunez vs someone
Wonderboy vs Maia
Lawler vs Nick Diaz
Carlos Condit nowhere to be seen?

Back