wonderboy vs maia for #1 contender

pjswmkj

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Would be a pretty amazing fight stylistically. GSP's usada testing window is done in 4 months.
How many PPV buys does this New Years card get?
Woodley vs GSP
Amanda Nunez vs someone
Wonderboy vs Maia
Lawler vs Nick Diaz
Cody Garbrandt vs Brian Caraway

all of those fights look interesting

I would really like to see Diaz-Lawler 2

I hope both Maia and Thompson get title shots
based on performance I think Steven Thompson is the most deserving to fight for the title

look forward to seeing GSP in the mix
and would like to see him against Woodley also

Would be a pretty amazing fight stylistically. GSP's usada testing window is done in 4 months.
How many PPV buys does this New Years card get?
Woodley vs GSP
Amanda Nunez vs someone
Wonderboy vs Maia
Lawler vs Nick Diaz
Cody Garbrandt vs Brian Caraway
Stfu. Wonderbread has 2 WW fights. Maia IS the WW division once he schools Condit. UFC seniority and general badassery is in play and Maia takes the prize.

Wonderboy better keep that shit standing or he'll get shut out on the scorecards. But yeah, I'd like to see it.

Contednder Elimnations are stupid because yoiu elimante A Contendor why not haver them both cxontend?

Maia needs his title shot soon, he's not getting younger. Doubt he'll get it though.

Nice card except for the Amanda fight. WMMA...

{<hhh]

Maia and Wonderboy have both earned a shot already IMO, IF Demian beats Carlos, then he should definitely be next in line after Stephen Thompson. This WW division is a mess at the moment. So many top contenders.

If Robbie beats his next opponent doesn't he deserve a shot as well. Plus GSP coming back just throws a massive spanner in the works of an already messy division.

Wonderboy is now at 7 wins in a row. already beat , Rory Mac, Hendricks, Ellenberger

Now he need to fight Maia?
You don't like him or what?

Last edited:
Wonderboy just needs to take a stand. He needs wait and make his next bout a title fight.

Maia via rear naked choke 1st round

Wonderboy hype end.

Maia via rear naked choke 1st round

Wonderboy hype end.

Yeah it could be. I think that is what makes that fight so interesting. It could be one-sided for either fighter with a dominant Wonderboy KO or Maia with the submission.

Wonderboy should troll Woodley to death and hope it will spark an increased interest in this fight. Since GSP entered USADA testing pool we already know that GSP vs Woodley cant happen at MSG.

So they could be tempted to make these fights for MSG :

DC vs Rumble II
Woodley vs Wonderboy

We'll see.

Why saddle Wonderboy with a blanket. I might be in the minority here but I can't stand Maia from a watching on tv standpoint. I appreciate his basically unrivaled ground game (save Jacare n Khabib) but unlike Jacare and Khabib home is boring as fuck to watch. Wonderboy is one of the best mma strikers there's is I woyld rather see a stand up war with like Ceronne than watch Maia try to dry fuck him for 3 to 5 rounds.

Wonderboy via KO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back