Wonderboy to Woodley on FS1: "I know I got your number."

It's a shame because if Woodley was as good as he is in rounds 2-5 as he is in round 1 he'll be the perfect guy to beat Thomson.

powerful leg kicks, ability to close large distance in seconds, fast/explosive, great double legs, etc.

as it is now Wonderboy will eat him alive.

Wasn't afraid of Lawler but is afraid of Thompson?

Sorry, but something doesn't add up.

Johny Hendricks and Rory McDonald almost beat Lawler.

They didn't come close to bothering Wonderboy.

Wasn't afraid of Lawler but is afraid of Thompson?

Sorry, but something doesn't add up.

Thompson is MUCH more dangerous on the feet than Lawler.

If Woodley can't get a takedown vs Thompson he's fucked.

It's your understanding of MMA.

More than my understanding of MMA, looks to me that it's a case of "flavor of the month".

Not discrediting Thompson's skills at all, but he hasn't even reached gold and I'm already seeing posts like: "He's right now among the top 5 p4p fighters". "WW is finally gonna have a long reigning champ like GSP".

I already saw this a couple of years back during the "Machida era", even discussing fights between him and Brock Lesnar, Fedor, etc.

More than my understanding of MMA, looks to me that it's a case of "flavor of the month".

Not discrediting Thompson's skills at all, but he hasn't even reached gold and I'm already seeing posts like: "He's right now among the top 5 p4p fighters". "WW is finally gonna have a long reigning champ like GSP".

I already saw this a couple of years back during the "Machida era", even discussing fights between him and Brock Lesnar, Fedor, etc.

Machida vs Brock? LOL.

He's on the cusp of reaching gold, problem is that the current champion is avoiding fighting him.

Wonderboy vs Woodley is next. None of the talk will matter. I favor Wonderboy against any active WW, but Woodley is no joke.

Think Condit can beat both Woodley and Wonderboy if lets loose and never relents.

He made the mistake of letting Lawler live for the 5th

Machida vs Brock? LOL.

He's on the cusp of reaching gold, problem is that the current champion is avoiding fighting him.

Lol indeed. Better believe it, because I got to read them.

I remember some of the points brought to the table was Machida's sumo background would avoid him getting ragdolled by Brock.

As for the new Karate sensation, I'm poistive he'll get his shot before the year ends.

It would be hilarious if Woodley knocks out Wonderboy just like how he KO'd Lawler tonight. Not a huge chance of that happening, but still, it'd be hilarious. Wonderboy is very good - and while his striking defense has had holes in it in past fights, he should still be the favorite here. Kind of a dickish move by Wonderboy to tell Woodley that from a commentator's position immediately after Woodley just won. Let the man celebrate at least a day, FFS. Wonderboy better not get too cocky like his boy Weidman, or he might end up getting the "he's still my boy" speech. I kid. Would be a great matchup - elite striker vs. wrestler w/ KO power.

Thats why using current fighters as the sport panel guy is atrocious and makes the UFC look like a fucking joke compared to other major sports. Guys acting all 'guy smiley' but then have to turn on the tude' or start getting petty over camp loyalties immediately after the fight. Use retired vets.

Just like no one had machida style right? You need to stop dude. You looking like a fool.

1. Machida is a completely different fighter than Thompson.

2. Muay Thai is the best answer for a karate type fighter and no one at WW has great Muay Thai other than Condit, and even his isn't real MT.

200.gif

Still embarrasing though lol. Woodley or nick would put it on him. Especially nick, wonderboy got beat down by a gritty fighter in matt brown, nick would do the same.
You talk like fighters don't improve after 4 years.

And losing to the immortal is never embarrassing. He was a beast back in 2012.

Wonderboy should beat Woodley in a 5 round fight. MMA math is awful but Wonderboy made McDonald's look amateur where as McDonald made Woodley look shy. Threat of takedown considering. I don't see Woodley faring well past the 2nd round. If it lasts that long tbh. Remember Hendricks is a hell of wrestler and that proved useless.

Last edited:
thats why he called out Diaz and GSP. He's tryin to get paid before he loses his title

This is apparently such sophisticated reasoning that it escapes 95% of Sherdog. He knows he's not keeping that title and he's trying to milk it for whatever he can. Fact is, Woodley vs Wonderboy isn't going to break any records (especially since Wonderboy's last fight) and Woodley is pretty much guaranteed to lose that fight. Wonderboy is just going to stay on the outside at safe distance, move in every once in a while to score points and run circles around him for 25 minutes. Or worse, if Woodley gasses, he'll actually get stopped.

Wonder boy destroys Woodley. Woodley is the Matt Serra of the WW division

Back