Wonderboy to Woodley on FS1: "I know I got your number."

No, you're not understanding the point. It happened in 2012, it could not happen now. Wonderboy now, isn't the same fighter.

Woodley could have troubled Wonderboy from 2012 but he no longer exists, he now has excellent takedown defence.

Woodley or Diaz wouldn't touch him, he would pick them apart.

Just like all previous champs the last few years couldn't be touch.. all lost their titles. You need to grow up on thinking fighters can lose again, especially fighters who are bad match ups for him.

It would be hilarious if Woodley knocks out Wonderboy just like how he KO'd Lawler tonight. Not a huge chance of that happening, but still, it'd be hilarious. Wonderboy is very good - and while his striking defense has had holes in it in past fights, he should still be the favorite here. Kind of a dickish move by Wonderboy to tell Woodley that from a commentator's position immediately after Woodley just won. Let the man celebrate at least a day, FFS. Wonderboy better not get too cocky like his boy Weidman, or he might end up getting the "he's still my boy" speech. I kid. Would be a great matchup - elite striker vs. wrestler w/ KO power.

He's just stirring up hype of the fight.

Just like all previous champs the last few years couldn't be touch.. all lost their titles. You need to grow up on thinking fighters can lose again, especially fighters who are bad match ups for him.

Nobody is a bad matchup for him.

You need to understand styles, no one around has an answer for his style.

Rory has some of the best footwork, striking and MMA wrestling in the game and didn't come close.

Hendricks got eaten alive.

WTF would Woodley and Diaz do that they didn't try?

Diaz excels in boxing range, Wonderboy ain't gonna fight you in boxing range.

People are really high on wonderboy, not sure if this is accurate or projections of hatred towards woodley.

It's both.

People have been on the Wonderboy train since his last two fights.

Either way, Thompson is no easy matchup for Woodley because of his style of fighting at range. But if Woodley gets within range, Thompson would be put to sleep due to his bad boxing defense.

Tough fight to call, in my opinion.

I have some concerns about Wonderboy against a hard hitter that can wrestle. I know that's supposed to be what Hendricks was, but it's been a while since he's been either of those all too impressively. Wonderboy I think has some chin concerns just based on how he reacts when he gets tapped.

I actually like Diaz' odds more than Wonderboy. Diaz has the chin to stay alive for five rounds and I'm not sure Woodley has the cardio to implement his game that long.

Nick is a very good fighter but I'd like to see him get a scrub and a couple wins before he gets a title shot.

Wonderboy is going going to starch Woodley as bad or worse than he did Hendricks. Just keep that belt warm for the real champion ok Tyron?

Hendricks rocked him..

SWT is a great striker but he is going to be on his bike all night and if he gets touched he just might get slept.

Nobody is a bad matchup for him.

You need to understand styles, no one around has an answer for his style.

Rory has some of the best footwork, striking and MMA wrestling in the game and didn't come close.

Hendricks got eaten alive.

WTF would Woodley and Diaz do that they didn't try?

Diaz excels in boxing range, Wonderboy ain't gonna fight you in boxing range.

Just like no one had machida style right? You need to stop dude. You looking like a fool.

Just like no one had machida style right? You need to stop dude. You looking like a fool.

Machida has nothing on Wonderboy and I love Machida.

When someone beats Wonderboy, let me know.

Woodly isn't going to know how to react to a spinning roundhouse to the face and gut. And he isn't going to outwrestle him either. Also, Johny boy wasn't that bad when WB killed him, he was in great shape and was in the win column.
Hendricks had left his camp, closed his restaurant, and totally shat the bed by pulling from the Woodley fight due to weight issues when he fought WB. He was arguably at his worst there.

I swear wonderboy has become so overrated in her its not even funny....this is the guy that got decisioned by matt Brown

people need to get a grip.

wonderboy's fight with brown was back in 2012 when he was green as an mma fighter. brown landes some big elbows got it to the ground and that was that.....HOLDS NO WEIGHT AT ALL IN 2016. DID U SEE THE HENDRICKS AND MACDONALD FIGHTS?

LOL at Woodley calling out GSP and Diaz. I dont care if its business and a money fight, he better not duck Wonderboy

Why is wonderboy so overrated on here? Everyone thinks this dude is the next prime machida or some shit, he beat a post USADA hendricks and post lawler rory coming off a year layoff. Woodley just finished lawler in the first round and you still have all these wonderboy nuthuggers writing him off and nibbling on wonderboys nuts.

War Wonderboy! I really wanted to see Lawler vs WB, but Woodley it is ...

Wonderboy is going to make a very exciting Champ imo

I swear wonderboy has become so overrated in her its not even funny....this is the guy that got decisioned by matt Brown

Ever hear of fighters improving??? That fight was over 4 years ago. If we're gonna hold losses like that against fighters you may as well call pretty much everyone over rated if they have hype and lost a fight years ago. He's hyped cause he just beat a former champ by KO round 1, beat the last contender in Rory in pretty dominant fashion and beat everyone else......and he's getting better. Hype is justified.

Back