Wonderboy said it Khamzat Chimaev is Dana's choice to save the Eastern European and Russian market

I don't think they did it to "save the eastern european market" like wonderboy thinks, but I do think he is the next big superstar for the UFC

I don't think they did it to "save the eastern european market" like wonderboy thinks, but I do think he is the next big superstar for the UFC

I don't think they did it to "save the eastern european market" like wonderboy thinks, but I do think he could be the next big superstar for the UFC if he continues to smesh

I posted the same thing a few days ago but the fight still doesn't make sense to me. Why not build Khamzat up a bit more with an easier but still top 10 opponent? Instead Dana's putting two hypetrains against each other.

there is no relation between the eastern european market and Khamzat

he's a chechen guy who lives in Sweden
And is Dagestan considered Eastern Europe? Is anyone who was under former Soviet influence just considered Eastern Europe?

I don't think they did it to "save the Eastern European market" like wonderboy thinks, but I do think he could be the next big superstar for the UFC but honestly, <FookIsThatGuy>

I feel kinda bad for Wonderboy. He had 10 rounds with Woodley and won 6 of them. Shoulda been champ in the rematch, but it was such a quick rematch with no action that no one gave a shit when it was over and no one wanted to see him in the title scene soon after that. So he put the work into fighting backwards, beat Masvidal, dropped another controversial decision to an overweight Till, then ate a freak knockout from Pettis. So even though he'd be an interesting stylistic threat to Usman, a guy whose contenders seem to be a constant scramble, no one's clamoring for him to be near the top and he knows he's gotta win fights against people like Luque and Neal, and he's not getting any younger.

As for the Eastern European market? Eh, maybe. What are the biggest stars for them right now?

Ironically Khamzat is already a bigger star than Wonderboy..

Jiri has that on lockdown.
jiri-prochazka-a-famous-mma-fighter.png

I think it will backfire, because I think that Leon Scott will smoke him and expose him. I also think that Wonderboy would do the exact same thing.

Wonderboy is right. You don’t see Holland getting the same promotional force. He has a great fight coming up. But the ufc promotional push is what builds fighters.
They told you that Ronda was the most complete fighter ever. And most on here parroted those sentiments.
They said Cain was the greatest hw who has ever lived with 8 fights. Same opinion from ufc fans.
Then nganou. Who got into the sport 3 years and there has never been someone like him.
Now it’s stipe is the greatest. Beating old once great fighters.

this is nothing new. I love khazmat. But of course the ufc is pushing him for that market. People think us. Fans are eccentric about rooting for USA fighters.
But that holds no merit when compared to any other country.
It’s all about creating and staying in certain markets.
You had Joanna. And bisping and hardy were pushed massively. You generally don’t get the same push from places where ufc is popular for long periods of time

khazmat has looked great. But he gets a crack at what should be like the number 1 to 3 contender.
that is a push from your promotion.

It’s neither right or wrong. Fans want to see it. I do. And it’s a great fight. But the majority do not get these perks from the ufc.

look at a guy like jacare. Never got a title shot. Had all the credentials before coming to the ufc. Never got any push. And One of the very best to do it. Never got his day. Now khazmat will after less than a half of year in the ufc.

More like Chimaev could become the biggest star in sports period. He’s a phenom, and could make Dana a lot of money no matter the market.

Neal
Chamiav
Khoas all have a bright future. I think Neal and khaos will surpass chamuav

Khamzat did this himself, if Khabib was still around this would be happening. Dana wasn't planning for Khabib to retire when he scheduled those Khamzat fights
To be fair, it was always suggested that Khabib would retire after he reached 30-0. Dana wasn't preparing for Khabib to retire after his 29th fight, but surely after his 30th.

Honestly, I don't think they did it to "save the eastern european market" like wonderboy thinks, but I do think he could be the next big superstar for the UFC if he continues to clap. It also hurts when I pee.

Strange that no one's clamoring for Wonderboy to be at the top of the rankings when he's lost 2 of his last 3 fights
First, near the top is not "at the top."

Secondly, I'm saying no one WANTS him to be there, as in, no one wants him to get the wins it takes to fight at the top.

Third, i already addressed one of those losses in his last three being controversial, cuz he should have won.

Fourth, "the top" doesn't mean much here cuz WW is largely devoid of anyone with big wins.

I don't think Eastern Europeans root for Dagestani's or Chechens.

I don't think they did it to "save the eastern european market" like wonderboy thinks, but I do think he could be the next big superstar for the UFC if he does continue to do what it is that it is he's doing.

there is no relation between the eastern european market and Khamzat

he's a chechen guy who lives in Sweden
Thank You. Neither Sweden or Chechnya are in Eastern Europe, and while I appreciate Khamzat (as a fellow Russian-speaking person and a fan of MMA), I'm not going to validate these misinformed generalizations about geography/politics/fandom.

if thats true, why is he feeding him to edwards?

Back