Wonderboy: Robbie Lawler just wasn’t there

cunglaowins

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/1...robbie-lawler-just-wasn-t-there-in-ko-loss-to

After Lawler and Tyron Woodley got into a clinch against the cage in the opening minutes, Thompson saw Lawler back away from Woodley. That, according to "Wonderboy," is a fatal mistake against Woodley.

"That's something you can't do against Tyron Woodley, is back up," Thompson said Monday on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani. "Because if you give him that forward momentum he's gonna land a shot or he's gonna end up taking you down."

Thompson credited Woodley's power, but he doesn't think Lawler was fighting the way he normally does.

"I was literally expecting to see Robbie Lawler go out there and just overwhelm Tyron, the Robbie that we've seen in the past," Thompson said. "But as soon as they got out there, I realized for some reason this is not the same Robbie that we normally see."

Agreed, Tyron reminds me of a prime Hendricks with his explosive first punch. I think Robbie backed up because he was afraid of Tyron's early power but ended up giving him room to use that very same power. Thompson is also similar to Machida in that they sometime defend themselves by unexpectedly moving forward and messing up the opponent's timing.

You got your ass beat by Matt Brown, shut up.

God damn yousa dummy

In 2016, Wonderboy beat Bigg Rigg and the Red King. Meanwhile Matt brown is getting liver kicked into Bolivian by an Ellenberger

He was there and got ktfo.

Robbie even gave props for woodley capitalizing on his mistake. It wasn't a lucky punch there never is. Why can't the rest of sherdog give props to woodley for taking advatage of that opening? You can get ktfo if you zig when you should've zagged, its the beauty of mma.

I mean, don't people always say that when someone gets knocked out early?

Wait...

I thought the ref broke that up... After about 10 seconds.

Shut up Wonderboy. you'll get your chance against the GOAT.

50 - 45 GSP... All day everyday.

I agree , Robbie seemed like.he was trying too hard even after the fight.

2012-movie-poster.jpg

I agree with Wonderboy. Robbie posture was kind odd...

But all credits goes to Woodley who punch Robbie face before he usual slow start.

Honestly, i felt the same when i saw the fight.

Haters gonna hate though

God damn yousa dummy

In 2016, Wonderboy beat Bigg Rigg and the Red King. Meanwhile Matt brown is getting liver kicked into Bolivian by an Ellenberger

Who also got destroyed by Wonderboy

It seems like that performance got Wonderboy nervous. He's trying to convince himself that the result of the fight was due to Robbie being off than Tyron just being the better fighter

Back