Wonderboy responds...

Doing something retarded isn't an excuse to do the same thing again.
Upholding standards is all I'm saying. If they're going to do money fights, do money fights. If they're going to go by the rankings, go by the rankings.

Wonderboy can rise to the occasion like vs. Hendricks, know wut I mean? And vs. Rory MacDonald. I'm guessing having trained with GSP and Weidman gave him confidence.

Something weird about the #1 contender kissing the feet of Dana White and the UFC, thanking them for something he has obviously earned.

I think the UFC was flexing on both Woodley and Wonderboy. They let Woodley talk about the matchups he wanted and the paydays he'd like as if it mattered, and then did exactly the opposite. They kept Wonderboy completely in the dark to let him know that he's not entitled to shit, and he shouldn't ever expect shit, so then once he was given the title shot he reacts like a grateful slave that is now completely loyal. Reminds me of how they trained gladiators on Spartacus.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't need two retarded moves by UFC...
Everyone keeps saying this, but no one is calling for the UFC to uphold a standard. I've gotten more slack for stating the obvious which is that Dan Henderson does NOT deserve a title shot, and I get crapped on for it. If the top fighters should be fighting for the titles, I'm all for it. But picking and choosing is dumb. These guys beat themselves up all year to climb the rankings only to be told "sorry, Hendo is going to get the title shot, not you Jacare/Rockhold/Weidman..."

Upholding standards is all I'm saying. If they're going to do money fights, do money fights. If they're going to go by the rankings, go by the rankings.
Woodley is not McGregor or even Bisping. Both fighters have a much higher profile than he does. In the case of Bisping it isn't even so much about him as it is about cashing in on a rematch. The first fight was one of the most brutal finishes in UFC history.

I don't agree by the way. But from a business standpoint those are bigger deals than a Woodley vs Diaz fight. And I still have doubts about GSP coming back.

I had no clue until Woodley became champ that he is such a constant complainer. GSP is going through the 4 month USADA testing anyway right?

Gonna be a good fight.

I don't think we as fans know everything that's going on behind the scenes. GSP may want the fight but he has a deal with under armor, while UFC makes their athletes wear Reebok. He might want higher pay that the UFC is not willing to fork over. There are so many factors here. I bet if the UFC could get a money fight out of Woodley, they would. But sometimes it's not feasible. So they go with the best they have.

Besides, Wonderboy is a treat to watch. Having him as champ is gonna be amazing. Machida 2.0. No can defend.
I have been saying that for awhile now my guy. GSP rejected their initial offer and they are still in negotiations on a contract. As you said the Reebok deal will cost him a HELLUVA lot of money. So it is likely he is pushing for more guarantees in pay or some kind of incentive laden deal. To be honest I don't think they are all that close to reaching an agreement.

I had no clue until Woodley became champ that he is such a constant complainer. GSP is going through the 4 month USADA testing anyway right?

Gonna be a good fight.
That's correct. Even if he does return he would not be eligible to fight until late December anyway. More than enough time for this fight and if Georges comes back he can fight the winner.

Woodley is not McGregor or even Bisping. Both fighters have a much higher profile than he does. In the case of Bisping it isn't even so much about him as it is about cashing in on a rematch. The first fight was one of the most brutal finishes in UFC history.

I don't agree by the way. But from a business standpoint those are bigger deals than a Woodley vs Diaz fight. And I still have doubts about GSP coming back.
Any fight with GSP or Diaz in is going to sell...period. Woodley wasn't dumb for calling for the fights. I don't agree with it at all, but when other guys are doing it and getting away with it, I can't blame him. And Bisping nor Henderson are draws...let's not get crazy. To the old school UFC fans, this fight means something. To the people who have only caught on the past few years, this fight doesn't register with them. 7 years ago that fight took place...7 years.

Any fight with GSP or Diaz in is going to sell...period. Woodley wasn't dumb for calling for the fights. I don't agree with it at all, but when other guys are doing it and getting away with it, I can't blame him. And Bisping nor Henderson are draws...let's not get crazy. To the old school UFC fans, this fight means something. To the people who have only caught on the past few years, this fight doesn't register with them. 7 years ago that fight took place...7 years.
The UFC disagrees with you. And unfortunately their opinion means more than yours or mine.

2579566-5511038833-MF1PP.gif
tumblr_m5h7bw0GvP1qmbkxl.gif

Mama Woodley gonna whoop Thompsons legendary dad. I hope Thompson wins, I don't like Woodley.. but Mama Woodley is awesome, we need more of her.
We feel differently then. One Woodley's mum is one too many for me!

Good, the right thing happened (Or should, still never know with the UFC, Dana's word doesn't mean shit). If Tyron wins this then he'll be more proven and it'd make a little more sense for him to be calling for all these "money fights".

I have been saying that for awhile now my guy. GSP rejected their initial offer and they are still in negotiations on a contract. As you said the Reebok deal will cost him a HELLUVA lot of money. So it is likely he is pushing for more guarantees in pay or some kind of incentive laden deal. To be honest I don't think they are all that close to reaching an agreement.

This makes the most sense.

Why wouldn't UFC want to make more money? Just to spite Woodley? Please.

There is shit going on that we just don't know about.

Woodley is going to KO this guy so badly, i think it will be a GNP .

The UFC disagrees with you. And unfortunately their opinion means more than yours or mine.
And that's the unfortunate problem. You're honestly going to tell me that Bisping vs Henderson would make more money than Woodley vs GSP or Woodley vs Diaz? You can honestly say that?

Wonderboy must be a racist by wanting to fight Woodley

Wait, did Woodley publish his private messages with GSP?
If so, that it an incredible asshole move. Hard to believe he could be ignorant enough to do something like that.

Woodley vs. GSP in Canada I think would break all the records.

Back