Wonderboy on rankings and the belt

Wonderboy needs to win just a couple more fights, then he'll be ready to fight The Chosen One

"A lot of people think you're not the champion until you defend it one time. Right off the bat, just start picking who you're fighting? That's ridiculous. Defend it one time. Let the No. 1 contender get in there. Prove yourself that you just won the title."

tGfGxVM.gif
This might be the funniest gif ever. Fucking ROFL at Nate giving the finger

Wonderboy needs to win just a couple more fights, then he'll be ready to fight The Chosen One
Last of his 3 decisive wins are:
1:Rory MacDonald
2:Johnny Hendricks
3:Jake Ellenberger

Woodley's last 3 before the Lawler fight:
1:Gastelum(Barely beat an out of shape Kelvin...KELVIN!!!LMFAO!!!)
2:Kim
3:And a very telling loss to Rory MacDonald.

So what has Wonderboy got to be ready for exactly? Yeah that's what I thought...

"A lot of people think you're not the champion until you defend it one time. Right off the bat, just start picking who you're fighting? That's ridiculous. Defend it one time. Let the No. 1 contender get in there. Prove yourself that you just won the title."

tGfGxVM.gif

Conor already starched the #1 contender in 13 seconds
images

"If they don't give this to me, then something is really wrong," Thompson said. "Wouldn't you say? ... i just think it's kind of crap that he won't take it."

"You just got the title," Thompson said. "Fight the No. 1 contender. You go out there and smoke the No. 1 contender, then you can start talking about who you want to fight. A lot of people think you're not the champion until you defend it one time. Right off the bat, just start picking who you're fighting? That's ridiculous. Defend it one time. Let the No. 1 contender get in there. Prove yourself that you just won the title."

"In my head," Thompson said, "I was like, ‘Really? You're kidding me, right? That you wouldn't give me the shot?' I mean, yeah he went out there, he defeated Robbie Lawler, but he took this fight and a lot of people didn't think he deserved it in the first place. But seconds after winning the title, already choosing his fights? I mean, c'mon. Who gets that? Who really gets to do that? You're starting to see that a lot more. It's almost like, do the rankings really count? Do they really matter?"

"He is the champ and I am the No. 1 contender," Thompson said. "Stop calling people out that haven't fought in a year or three years. Fight the guy who's ready, man. Fight the guy who's earned it this year."
Blame the brass.

tGfGxVM.gif
This is brilliant.

Can't find a single thing to disagree with.

Wonderboy for President!

Well I mean if Wonderboy says so then you gotta do it. Who he wants to fight is more important than who Woodley wants to fight

UFC TODAY :

"It just dawned on us that certain title holders, fighters who just won their titles no less, feel entitled enough to call their own shots and title challengers.This is a joke.We are a sport just like the nfl,mlb,nhl and nba.Our champions will conduct themselves accordingly.With this said-lol, Mr. Bisping WILL NOT be fighting the 13th ranked mw in the w world.He will fight Renaldo Souza.As far as Tyrone Woodley is concerned, who in the blue hell does he think he is.He DOES NOT call the shots....let him defend that strap 3-4 times, then maybe we'll let him have some say in the matter.He will be fighting "wonderboy" Thompson next.
Any current champion who has a problem with this can drop off their title at UFC headquarters and u can start from the bottom."

Franklin U. on behalf of the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

You're welcome.

Last of his 3 decisive wins are:
1:Rory MacDonald
2:Johnny Hendricks
3:Jake Ellenberger

Woodley's last 3 before the Lawler fight:
1:Gastelum(Barely beat an out of shape Kelvin...KELVIN!!!LMFAO!!!)
2:Kim
3:And a very telling loss to Rory MacDonald.

So what has Wonderboy got to be ready for exactly? Yeah that's what I thought...

I was kidding, lol

Conor already starched the #1 contender in 13 seconds

Thats cool. But what does that have to do with what Wonderboy said about champs defending their belt? Or about champs right off the bat picking who they fight?
Try to keep up with the conversation instead of living in the past.;)

He's right, but this is the fight game and it's all about the $$$.

Even when you have two massive stars fighting for the title who are ranked as the Champion and #1 contender, it's still all about the money.

Woodley knows that his career is short and his time on top could be much shorter, so he wants to make as much money as possible.

tGfGxVM.gif

hahahaha my god I can't stop laughing so hard!

tGfGxVM.gif

I've never seen this before. I'm a Conor fan but that is hilarious!

If Wonderboy doesn't fight for the title by the end of the year, it'll be a travesty.

Back