Wonderboy looked INCREDIBLE... :| AS'esque in his best years.

Kwic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
But different, as Wonderboy has his own style.

That was amazing to watch. I'm a huge fan of his technique and precision. Wow... He outclassed Hendricks. It was truly a championship performance we see from the very best.
Like he was fighting with CM Punk in there.
He was complaining he is not getting any buzz so I don't care if there are many topics on him now, I want to add one more.
Give this man some support after this outstanding performance.

HE looked great, however if Johnny would have pressured in a few of the exchanges and closed the distance (where it was a matter of inches) he could have gotten clipped easily.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I was sure Hendricks was going to steal the first 3 rounds with his wrestling and hang on for the UD. Instead, Wonderboy straight-up bullied him around the cage, smashing him with a plethora of different kicks like a practice dummy. And, to top it all off, he FINISHED the former Champion like it was nothing.

I'm calling it right now, he's going to be Champion some day.

HE looked great, however if Johnny would have pressured in a few of the exchanges and closed the distance (where it was a matter of inches) he could have gotten clipped easily.
Hendricks threw a HARD left that landed flush and stephen ate it.

Not arguing though bc I was rooting for hendricks. Why the hell did hendricks chase him around?

I support Wonderboy and guys like him for reminding us that top level talent in all arts is how this sport was built. However, Hendricks looked flat and non-explosive for whatever the reason. That missed spin kick was an opportunity for a high level wrestler like Hendricks to take the fight to his advantage, I'm looking forward to the future of the UFC as USADA is changing the game without these fights even happening.

Good for guys like Thompson for reaching this level in what I consider a much fare'er playing ground in the UFC.

Here's the thing. Wondercan got lucky. If Hendricks' training partners would have shown him the three quarter karate step he would have destroyed Stephen.

Here's the thing. Wondercan got lucky. If Hendricks' training partners would have shown him the three quarter karate step he would have destroyed Stephen.
:p

I couldn't believe my eyes. I was sure Hendricks was going to steal the first 3 rounds with his wrestling and hang on for the UD. Instead, Wonderboy straight-up bullied him around the cage, smashing him with a plethora of different kicks like a practice dummy. And, to top it all off, he FINISHED the former Champion like it was nothing.

I'm calling it right now, he's going to be Champion some day.
Plethora
Nice mate.....

Rigg needs Terry Silver.....

I've been thinking he is a TERRIBLE match up for Lawler for quite some time now...

Knock it off. Johnny got pieced up. Deal.

It looked from the UFC Countdown that Johny's striking coach was this part-time boxing coach who trained Johny in a car garage. I still think ST would've won considering what he did but not a first round KO.

Plethora
Nice mate.....

I wish I could agee but the word plethora has a negative connotation. It is often misused as a synonym for 'abundance' but it really means 'over-abundance'. Like you could have a plethora of ants at your picnic but not a plethora of food on your dinner table.

I'm sure from Johny's perspective it was a plethora of kicks

Not trying to mr know-it-all just remember that from school, for whatever reason, and see it misused all the time.

Perfectly acceptable rant for an MMA forum, right? Lol.

I wish I could agee but the word plethora has a negative connotation. It is often misused as a synonym for 'abundance' but it really means 'over-abundance'. Like you could have a plethora of ants at your picnic but not a plethora of food on your dinner table.

I'm sure from Johny's perspective it was a plethora of kicks

Not trying to mr know-it-all just remember that from school, for whatever reason, and see it misused all the time.

Perfectly acceptable rant for an MMA forum, right? Lol.
Mental note to self - Do not use the word gasconading when posting.....

I would love to see him against diaz, condit or mcdonald.

Mental note to self - Do not use the word gasconading when posting.....

Lol - I had to look that up! My post was so obnoxious that I had to pull the trigger on it.

But different, as Wonderboy has his own style.

That was amazing to watch. I'm a huge fan of his technique and precision. Wow... He outclassed Hendricks. It was truly a championship performance we see from the very best.
Like he was fighting with CM Punk in there.
He was complaining he is not getting any buzz so I don't care if there are many topics on him now, I want to add one more.
Give this man some support after this outstanding performance.

Amazing outside control by wonderboy. Preventing the wrestler by outside control. Displaying a martial arts way of controlling the fight. Great performance.

An Article about Rogan's distant past comment explained his biased view of martial arts not working in MMA. Wonderboy's fight seem to prove rogan wrong. Perhaps MMA is evolving in the martial art's realm now. We know Machida used it well. But, perhaps this will eventually change the sport as well since so many fighters are displaying great TDD and now were at a time were martial arts will be able to be incorporated more so from now and to the future.

Back