Wonderboy is a better fighter than Conor

Who will be remembered as the better fighter

• Total voters

HateTheGame

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
his striking is insane, and we just saw the best display of TDD in the UFC.
Even Weidman, who he trains with daily, says he is insanely hard to hold and take down.

He stopped Johnny in one round... A Johnny who convincingly beat GSP and Lawler... inside one round
Johnny had both his legs, and he was handstanding to stay upright. His stock is too high, higher than Conor's I imagine

170 is no longer the stuck in the mud division

Even if Wonderboy ends up clearly being a superior fighter, Conor will be the one remembered as being better...just based off name value.

Unless his career totally spirals downward soon, hah.

his striking is insane, and we just saw the best display of TDD in the UFC.
Even Weidman, who he trains with daily, says he is insanely hard to hold and take down.

He stopped Johnny in one round... A Johnny who convincingly beat GSP and Lawler... inside one round
Johnny had both his legs, and he was handstanding to stay upright. His stock is too high, higher than Conor's I imagine

170 is no longer the stuck in the mud division
awful, just awful

He has what McGregor doesn't. Excellent TDD and the ability to keep fighters at arms length.

Both are amazing strikers, each in their own right. Conor employs pressure striking + lots of taunting, pinpoint accuracy, great reflexes, and an unforgiving straight left. Stephen Thompson is an elusive Karateka who picks his opponents apart with some pretty nasty kicks. Both have excellent movement.

As a fan of both, I refuse to participate in this shitty poll.

Too soon yo, too soon. That said, if Conor wins the '55 belt in this next fight, it will be a monstrously large achievement. I'm waiting to see how Wonderboy fairs against Woodley or Lawler.

Conor has shown poor take down defense. But he has an iron chin, great movement and one punch KO power.

There is much we don't know about wonderboy. He certainly doesn't look to have the type of power Conor has and his chin hasn't really been tested yet.

Still, I think Conor loses to either RDA or Khabib while wonderboy beats Robbie.

Who the hell knows. Wonderboys striking display last night makes me more excited to see his next fight over Conor vs RDA. Two belts owned simultaneously I get it but who's skill set I can't wait to watch carve someone up real nice, Wonderboy now.

Wonderboy is 7 years older than Conor and still hasn't accomplished as much as Conor in MMA. Wonderboy is a combined 69-1 between MMA and kickboxing and thats impressive as hell but this comparison is quite stupid really. Lets compare their careers when theyre over.

He has what McGregor doesn't. Excellent TDD and the ability to keep fighters at arms length.
Yeah but McGregor has what he doesn't. A world title and that left hand.... nobody can eat that left ... nobody

Conor has shown poor take down defense. But he has an iron chin, great movement and one punch KO power.

There is much we don't know about wonderboy. He certainly doesn't look to have the type of power Conor has and his chin hasn't really been tested yet.

Still, I think Conor loses to either RDA or Khabib while wonderboy beats Robbie.

Conor has only been taken down by Chad Mendes so far in the UFC, who has a two time NCAA All-American honors. McGregor also stuffed down half of Mendes' takedowns. Maybe that's "poor" per Sherdtard standards, but to everyone else, his TDD isn't too shabby.

If you've followed Wonderboy's career, then all of those "unknowns" would be known.

This thread embodies band wagon ing at its finest. Sage, Ronda, etc. lol. Before the single Hendricks fight majority of people didn't even give him a chance. ONE top ten win. Now people are freaking out like he's a p4p great. Such is the cycle of MMA I suppose.

Why the fuck is this poll close?

Sherdog never ceases to amaze me.

I'm not sold on how good of a win it was due to how poor Johnny looked. I'll hold judgement until I see him fight again.

He is an amazing fighter, but so is Conor. Wonderboy is more well rounded though, and can actually finish people with kicks.

"Best TDD in UFC"

"Best striking ever"

TS are you high? he stuffed 1 takedown lol

Back