Wonderboy: for those of us who won't join the McSheep

They are both good and exciting fighters. Conor just demands more attention.

get ready to rage.

mirriam-webster
Sorry, but just because mirriam-webster added it to their dictionary, rather recently I might add, doesn't make it right.

They added it because so many people literally do not understand it's meaning.

Conor is just a persona to promote himself his personality shouldnt stop you from being a fan.

You're right, you're right, but with Conor it's harder than most to tune out. It's like a neighbor that has the leafblower, chainsaw, and crying kid going 24/7.

Which makes the fact that we havent really heard form him lately rather interesting. Where are all the media toors, face offs etc.

get ready to rage.

mirriam-webster
Holy shit they need to stop doing this! Just because some idiots are using the word wrong, doesn't mean it should be changed. I understand that language is a constant changing thing, but one thing is adding and erasing words, another is changing definitions based on stupid people! /rage over

In regards to the OP, gotta love Wonderboy. He's one of my favourite fighters, including all aspects. Conor is one of my favourites to watch as well though. He's an incredible and innovating fighter, but he is turning into a caricature.

"I'm a fan of McGregor. He's literally the Muhammad Ali of MMA right now." - Wonderboy

Yea he says that because McGregor is a shit talker, hence, Ali reference. In terms of standup though, Wonderboy is on another level from even McGregor. In fact, its probably the best application of kickboxing/karate that MMA has ever seen. The guy doesn't lose standup wars, he was 57-0 in kickboxing.

I am a fan of both. It really isn't hard to just appreciate good fighters, in all of their forms.

Anyone else out there like McGregor's fighting style, but just can't stand all the other window-dressing that goes with it? I think he's got terrific stand-up skills, both offensively and defensively, and is bringing something new to the MMA table, particularly his wide stance and flexibility that allows him to strike his opponents but stay out of their range. But as much as I think his fighting is cool, he's such a damn tool otherwise, it kind of overwhelms the seven minutes of fighting he's done in the last year or whatever.

That's why I've found a new set of nuts to hug: namely Wonderboy's, of course. The guy is a refreshing change. His striking is great, and brings some of the new things that Conor has brought, and yet his personality is 180 degrees away from McCracker's. He doesn't go around dressed like a douche, actually may have heard of the concept of humility before, and even has that funny Carolinas slightly-effeminate accent. I think the UFC should promote this guy, not just the a-holes.

Have you checked out Dana's twitter lately?

Whatever you want to do. I like both of them and don't feel the need to choose one or the other. That's not to say I like everything that Conor does, some of it offends me in fact, but I realize that life is generally more complicated than that. It's not like he's killed anyone.

God damn, what a perfect response. Bravo, sir.

Honestly, the style that Conor fans see in Conor is actually more prevalent with Wonderboy. He is very elusive, he utilizes power kicks on the outside and heavy rights on the inside, and, in his last fight, he was proven to posses really solid TDD.

Conor, to me, seems more like an Uber-Diaz. He is a pressure fighter who overwhelms his opposition with volume. He has kicks as well as punches, but more often than not he uses his kicks to set up his punches. He has good timing and great counters as well. Much like a diaz, he combines taunting with a great chin, and he backs up his whole game with blistering power. You can say what you want about the Aldo KO, and it was mighty impressive, but timing, precision, blah, blah, blah...Aldo's taken clean shots and been knocked down, so it's safe to assume he wouldn't have went out like that if McG didn't posses such massive power.

If McG does beat RDA, I think it will be because the fight turned into a chin vs. chin brawl.

Lucky Charms are bad for you, they are overly colorful and nothing is real about them.

War Wonderboy.

I like the way they both fight. They've both made their divisions more exciting.

I got two hands for two nuts, I grabbed Conor's years ago, after seeing Wonderboy, my hands are full

Been in the wonderboy train since the first time I saw him fight in the UFC. Conor is good inside the octagon but don't care for the character he plays. Chael did it better with a great sense of humor, conor isn't that funny but a badass fighter with an entertaining style of fighting.

Back