Wonderboy deserve title shot more than tyron and maia

I totally agree, Woodley and Maia will most likely end like Cub a Bader when they face legit top 5 fighters

Maia's a class act though. He tweeted : Congratulations @WonderboyMMA , great performance. Building your way up like a true Martial Artist. Happy for team @BadBoy ! @UFC
That's very nice of Maia. However, I'm not too interested in seeing him fighting for the title. His style has become much less exciting over the years.

Woodley should have to put together a truly impressive streak to get a shot after that fight with Rory. Lawler vs. Wonderboy is definitely the fight to make.
I couldnt agree more he beat Condit via freak injury and then at the very best beat Kelvin 29-28 I personally had Kelvin winning 29-28 and think Woodly got the nod since Kelvin missed weight. Certainly not title contender wins after his lop sided loss to Rory.

Maia is an interesting case he is old and has crushed everyone he has fought at WW other theb Rory and Shields and he gave both of them hell before losing. Based on age and him matching up well with Robbie I would personally love to see him fight for the belt one more time before he calls it a career.

Lawler brawling style vs wonder boy karate would be so much fun to see play out

Maia vs Woodley with a classic wrestler vs high level Bjj (now with slick takedowns and better transitions) for the next shot

Can't argue with that. I want to see Condit get the rematch first though, so he doesn't retire :(

If Maia beats Brown, which I think he will. Then he'll deserve it over wonderboy.

Back