Wonderboy broke Holland's hand

I know Holland said it was rd 1 but imo he broke it in rd 3. By he broke it I mean Wonderboy broke it by kicking it.. In rd 2 he was throwing his right just fine, he gestured with it too and in the corner after rd 2 he used his right hand to take a drink of water. Not sure when it first started hurting but he wasn't throwing it quite as much in rd 3 and with about 40 seconds left in the rd he took a spinning kick on his hand from Wonderboy. Shortly after he looked down at his hand.

Perhaps it was already hurting to a certain extent from the kicks but I think the spinning kick late in rd 3 is what really took his hand out of commission.

He would be perfectly suited there i agree. sadly I feel the ufcs jail-like contracts are the ultimate denominator.
Stephen is severely underpaid in the ufc if reports are to be believed.
he just resigned for a 6 fight contract. He is very happy with ufc, don't think this is true at all.

he just resigned for a 6 fight contract. He is very happy with ufc, don't think this is true at all.
Just going off of reported pays which I'm not saying is 100 percent accurate.
The reported numbers are laughable.
Hopefully he got a good deal

I was honestly surprised he lasted as long as he did.

Once his hand broke his striking completely sputtered and was basically just standing around getting smacked.

Holland is an absolute trooper though, even in defeat it’s hard not to admire the guy.

Holland is an idiot for not laying on top of him when he broke his hand. He then shot many desperation shots all of which were unsuccessful.

Even if Holland didn't break his hand I'd bet Wonderboy stops him. He was piecing him up before the alleged hand break even though Holland certainly had his moments.

Holland is an idiot for not laying on top of him when he broke his hand. He then shot many desperation shots all of which were unsuccessful.

He tried, hence the unsuccessful takedowns.

Kind of hard to have any control in a clinch situation when one of your hands is basically useless.

I'm actually kind of shocked he doesn't go to Karate combat. It's perfect for him at this age. And it's what he wants to do. Probably can't pay him enough, but Machida also said he would fight Wonderboy or GSP there.

WB has been in the major league for too long, there is no going back…

Pops: RIP THE BODY BABY!!!!!

5 seconds lateur: Holland folds over from a body kick
Didn’t work too well when Gustafsson’s corner was yelling for a front kick… in english.. against Rumble Johnson, of all people! (RIP Rumble)

Only to get blasted with a counter and folding soon after that. Ouch

<{chips}>

He tried, hence the unsuccessful takedowns.

Kind of hard to have any control in a clinch situation when one of your hands is basically useless.
He landed on top of him twice and got back up tho.

Didn’t work too well when Gustafsson’s corner was yelling for a front kick… in english.. against Rumble Johnson, of all people! (RIP Rumble)

Only to get blasted with a counter and folding soon after that. Ouch

<{chips}>
If people weren't scared of Rumble before that,they sure were after that. The shots Rumble landed on Gus when he was on fetal position and his head snapping back. Ouch

You'll Break my hand, but I'll Break yours too!

You'll Break my hand, but I'll Break yours too!

Damn.

Good thing for Wonderboy, he has multiple weapons to use on the feet. Holland was pretty limited without his right hand.

Sherdog is the mental gymnastics proving ground!! only the fittest survive..

Mental gymnastics of why and how my prefered fighter is better then yours. And people trying to sound smart. We don't got a life :ppp

Was looking to post a gif of Brian Dennehy headbutting and breaking CGJ's hand, but that apparently doesn't exist. So here's a creepy gif of him playing JWG instead.

edeec05f.gif

Dude, I was really impressed with how Wonderboy listened to his dad. Multiple times you could hear his dad call out something and within 5 seconds Wonderboy would bash Holland with it, loved it.
I watched the Portuguese commentary which mutes some of the background noise.
is Yoshizo Machida his dad? Or Miyagi?

Come to think about it... If Lyoto had a chin on WBs level, he'd have achieved even more. Damn. We need new karate guys around.
Show me some if we already do. Thanks. Speeeeeeeed

And here is Wonderboys broken hand which he thinks happened in the 1st Rd.IMG_20221205_141514.jpg

Back