Wonder how Gus feels about no re match?

He'll suck it up, move on, and prepare for his next fight. Once he wins it, he gets another shot at the champ, no doubt about it.

When scoring a round, at no point should whoever currently holds the belt come into play. I hate that judges just say, "boy that was a close round and could go either way, but I suppose I'll give it to _______ because he's the champ."

No. That's not how you score a round and is complete bullshit. That is what 10-10 rounds are for. I absolutely hate that judges rarely give a 10-10 round. If it's so close that whoever holds the belt is the deciding factor in who wins that round, then what better time to give a 10-10 round?

Seriously, if you can't tell who won the round, then score it a draw. You don't just screw the champ or the challenger by forcing yourself to choose one or the other (which most likely means you are introducing bias into the equation).

When scoring a round, at no point should whoever currently holds the belt come into play. I hate that judges just say, "boy that was a close round and could go either way, but I suppose I'll give it to _______ because he's the champ."

No. That's not how you score a round and is complete bullshit. That is what 10-10 rounds are for. I absolutely hate that judges rarely give a 10-10 round. If it's so close that whoever holds the belt is the deciding factor in who wins that round, then what better time to give a 10-10 round?

Seriously, if you can't tell who won the round, then score it a draw. You don't just screw the champ or the challenger by forcing yourself to choose one or the other (which most likely means you are introducing bias into the equation).

Agreed - and what blows me away is if there was ever a fight to score a 10-10 round, this would have been it, and not a single judge scored one of those rounds a draw.

This tells me that judges are of the mindset that they must score a winner in every round.

If there were rematches every time someone disagrees with a decision that's all there would be.

I want to see a rematch as well, but the decision WASN'T controversial in any way. The fight was competitive but Jones clearly won. Besides pure entertainment value I don't see how an immediate rematch is in any way justifiable.

Wasn't controversial in any way? I guess that would explain all the controversy.

The crowds always boo a decision win by a popular champ. After all, the fight audience doesn't really have any idea who was winning the exchanges until the judges tell them. Especially when the champ employs such sneaky strategies as the "Brock Lesnar Turn-Away-from-the-Punches" technique. It's like shoulder-rolling in boxing, only apparently more endearing with the judges.

He had his chance to win the title.

Want to win? Never let it go to the judges.

...Unless you are the champion named Jon Jones...

This fight will be swept under the rug and will just be another win for Jones. He stays in the spotlight and Gus has to wait. This fight wouldve been the perfect DRAW decision. Hopefully Gus atleast gets to fight on the same card Super Bowl Weekend...

to be fair, it really is a moot point, as jones would still have retained the belt in those circumstances.

Wasn't controversial in any way? I guess that would explain all the controversy.

The crowds always boo a decision win by a popular champ. After all, the fight audience doesn't really have any idea who was winning the exchanges until the judges tell them. Especially when the champ employs such sneaky strategies as the "Brock Lesnar Turn-Away-from-the-Punches" technique. It's like shoulder-rolling in boxing, only apparently more endearing with the judges.
People are idiots. If a 7 to 1 underdog manages to not die in the cage, let alone actually makes the fight competitive, people are always so impressed by the underdog, and underwhelmed by the favorite, that they're incapable of interpreting the fight correctly.

Fans love a good underdog story, but only biased morons are honestly claiming that decision was unfair.

jill-greenberg-crying-photoshopped-babies-end-times-17.jpg

Jones is hoping someone beats Gus so he doesn't have to fight him again.

I think they (Jones and his camp) also need a bit more time to fill in the holes Gus exposed. An immediate rematch benefits Gus, because he doesn't need to improve on much, so the quicker they get into it again, the better it is for him.

Jones has to become a better (or at least, a bit of a different) fighter, while Gus just has to learn to score points better.

I love when people say this - whether its an internet poster or Dana White. Let's analyze what you're saying,

"You want the belt, well you just have to not only beat Jon f'n Jones, but you also have to finish him. No biggie, just do it, pussy."

Fuck, I'm on board. If I run into Gus I'm gonna be all,"Bitch, didn't you ever stop to think that you should have finished him, idiot? That's what I woulda done. Only a fool leaves it to the judges. And who was your cornerman? He's supposed to remind you of this genius stroke of fight planning. Keep your right hand on your jaw, circle out, underhooks, and, oh ya - don't leave it to the judges."

Smug idiot.

hqdefault.jpg

Never said I liked the expression, so calm your tits. Judges like to muck things up, regardless if there's a title on the line or not. However with this fight there is no obscene robbery or anything of the sort. It was a close, competitive fight that Jon Jones won.

Back