Wonder how Gus feels about no re match?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by dmc, Sep 26, 2013.

1. dmc

dmc Black Belt

Some say Jones won, while many of us say Gus won. I thought Gus won 3-2...

This fight was a good close fight though. But being that Jones is the Champion, he will always get the favor in scoring. So the favor should have have been a draw. I think "everyone" would have accepted that. Gus may have not done enough to beat the champion, but Jones did not do enough to get the win either...

I dont think Gus will say too much tbh. I think he was upset, but when Rogan spoke to him after fight, he just basically said thanks and walked away. He should have said that he thinks it was a draw and wants re match asap...

2. tshafer26

tshafer26 Orange Belt

Gives him time to hone his skills and make him even better for when they fight again which is scary if I was in jones shoes I would take the immediate rematch and not give him even more time to game plan me

3. The5thgod

The5thgod Brown Belt

Jones is hoping someone beats Gus so he doesn't have to fight him again.

4. riitzni

riitzni Silver Belt

Toluca Prison, hanging with the convicts and carvi
    Stopped reading here. Saying a champion gets a pass on the scorecards is just another way to rationalize someone losing.

5. overton

overton White Belt

[​IMG]

Not so good

6. respectall**

respectall** Green Belt

yea jones is out of his prime he's not getting any better

7. Godzilla3232

Godzilla3232 Red Belt

I want to see a rematch as well, but the decision WASN'T controversial in any way. The fight was competitive but Jones clearly won. Besides pure entertainment value I don't see how an immediate rematch is in any way justifiable.

8. Scythe

Scythe Brown Belt

Slight disappointment? I don't think he ever was certain it was going to happen from how he spoke of it.

He probably knows that he's one good fight away from that rematch anyway.

9. Arm Barbarian

Arm Barbarian Titanium Belt Platinum Member

Well if that's his strategy, then he might be sh*t outta luck, as I don't know if there's anyone else in the LHW division that can beat Gus right now. Except maybe his team mate, Phil Davis. Gus is a beast.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  10. The Clinch

The Clinch Middle-Earth with Glee-Glop and the Floopty-Doos. Platinum Member

He had his chance to win the title.

Want to win? Never let it go to the judges.

11. Dimhrek**

Dimhrek** Banned Banned

Lol. A draw would have been just as controversial. As would a win for Gus.

It was a close fight. Jones won, let's move on. There's a rematch sometime next year, GREAT!

12. JonesBones

JonesBones Excuse my contraflow

Jones won. Move on, he is.

13. BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim Green Belt

Agreed. Jones/Teixera might be even better than Jones/Gus. Either way, the lhw division just got a lot more interesting.

14. mysterium

mysterium White Belt

I think he's fine. He'll close the cardio gap and polish up the defensive issues.

I think Jon has the wider gap to close if they fight again. Jon will still be unaccustomed to fighting a man his own size which means means he will still have terrible reactions to getting hit.

15. tombombadil

tombombadil Guest

I love when people say this - whether its an internet poster or Dana White. Let's analyze what you're saying,

"You want the belt, well you just have to not only beat Jon f'n Jones, but you also have to finish him. No biggie, just do it, pussy."

Fuck, I'm on board. If I run into Gus I'm gonna be all,"Bitch, didn't you ever stop to think that you should have finished him, idiot? That's what I woulda done. Only a fool leaves it to the judges. And who was your cornerman? He's supposed to remind you of this genius stroke of fight planning. Keep your right hand on your jaw, circle out, underhooks, and, oh ya - don't leave it to the judges."

Smug idiot.

16. JonCage

JonCage Green Belt

This.

17. RedRocket44

RedRocket44 Brown Belt

I hate that saying. It's not logical to think every fight is going to end in a finish. Jones is an elite level fighter - the top LHW in the world. JUST GO FINISH HIM PUSSY! The problem is judges are going to lean to the champ in very close rounds. Maynard / Edgar II comes to mind. Been a while since I re-watched that fight, but I had Maynard winning - not a draw.

If Gus was able to pull off a little more in each round he would have walked away with the decision. Some of the rounds were very close but Jones got the benefit of the doubt in those rounds.

18. Jesse James

Jesse James Chastity Belt

Yeah right! Cause that NEVER happens in MMA/Boxing/Kickboxing etc etc....we have NEVER seen that happen!:rolleyes: Go back in your cave!

19. LongTermLurker

LongTermLurker "Et tu, Brute?" Platinum Member

Likely fine with it. He fights again, wins and gets another title shot. If he is going to be champion he will have to fight anyway.

20. Kungzlatan

Kungzlatan White Belt

No point in rushing it! Hes a young guy. Better for him to dominate someone in Sweden while Jones/Glover plays out. It will be better for him to face someone else before Jones i think.

And also, the hype will be even bigger if they both win easy. The rematch will be absolutely HUGE!