won my competition today!

Congrats! How long to blue for you?

thank you! I am receiving it on Monday from what my instructor told me after I won. I don't know exactly how to answer this. o started training in October, but took a month off in December as well as may. so I'd say about 7-8 months, but if you'd count those 2 months off then 9-10 months.

thank you! I am receiving it on Monday from what my instructor told me after I won. I don't know exactly how to answer this. o started training in October, but took a month off in December as well as may. so I'd say about 7-8 months, but if you'd count those 2 months off then 9-10 months.

haha I have been training 8months and am 4-0 in competition, and im only a two stripe white belt, and I just got my second stripe.lol. I dont care about the ranking system really but a 7 month blue belt just seems kind of quick. Congrats tho.

Congrats man! where do you train btw? a bunch of the guys at my gym went but I wasn't able to.

haha I have been training 8months and am 4-0 in competition, and im only a two stripe white belt, and I just got my second stripe.lol. I dont care about the ranking system really but a 7 month blue belt just seems kind of quick. Congrats tho.

honestly, some schools just promote differently. most people at my school got theirs around 1 year, so my time is pretty quick. however, I was doing both morning and night classes for a significant period of time. the gracie barra school where I train over the summer has a strict system and people don't receive their blue for at least a year. most people get theirs at around the year and a half mark, though. I wouldn't worry about it at all, man. I wasn't really expecting it at all. Once your instructor tells you you're ready, then it'll be time. hell, I can't even call myself a blue belt yet until later tonight if all goes well.

I train at Gracie Tampa South with Matt Arroyo and Rob Kahn. nice, what gym?

Congrats dude, you've got a great instructor in Rob, and Matt I train with Justin Garcia Rob's first black belt, so I'm sure we'll meet one of these days.

Vid's or it didnt happen.

The thing is, it did happen. My reality isn't based upon whether I posted videos on youtube or not. I don't even own a legitimate video camera. If you need proof, check out my facebook by searching Peyton Jenkins. You'll then see me next to my dad holding the trophy with a status that talks about how I won the competition. I don't exactly know how to post the pics on here, however.

Congrats dude, you've got a great instructor in Rob, and Matt I train with Justin Garcia Rob's first black belt, so I'm sure we'll meet one of these days.

Thanks buddy, Rob and Matt are two of the best guys I know. You train with Justin Garcia? Does he train around the South Tampa area? Let me know if you ever come to Gracie Tampa South and we will definitely roll.

Thanks buddy, Rob and Matt are two of the best guys I know. You train with Justin Garcia? Does he train around the South Tampa area? Let me know if you ever come to Gracie Tampa South and we will definitely roll.

Nahhh were in NY, Rob use to be out here to before he moved down there. Definitely, I think Justin taught a seminar down there not to long ago so you might know him.

Nahhh were in NY, Rob use to be out here to before he moved down there. Definitely, I think Justin taught a seminar down there not to long ago so you might know him.

Oh, nice, I had no idea. I actually haven't been able to train there for about two months because I've been home from college. I'll definitely have to check him out, though and I'm sure I'll meet him one day.

The thing is, it did happen. My reality isn't based upon whether I posted videos on youtube or not. I don't even own a legitimate video camera. If you need proof, check out my facebook by searching Peyton Jenkins. You'll then see me next to my dad holding the trophy with a status that talks about how I won the competition. I don't exactly know how to post the pics on here, however.

Was just playing dude:D

Was just playing dude:D

haha, okay good. sorry about the long-winded response then. I was a little confused because I would have no reason whatsoever to go and post here that I won if I didn't. that would basically be a huge waste of time.

Back