Women's snatch event at the Olympics – big power, little muscles

They mostly do high bar, but no doubt that the numbers are impressive

Absolute beast. Did you see him casually pause squat 225kg a few times? He competes at 77kg, probably weighs what, 82-85 kg here? That's a 3,2 or 3,4 times BW squat! Holy shit.

Absolute beast. Did you see him casually pause squat 225kg a few times? He competes at 77kg, probably weighs what, 82-85 kg here? That's a 3,2 or 3,4 times BW squat! Holy shit.
Yeah form was right on point. No momentum out of the hole, but hey, I guess thats what happens when the gubbermint kidnaps you from your village and turns you into a squat machine

I love watching weightlifters squat. Here's Caleb Williams doing 500x6 before he competed in weightlifting. Not sure what his walk around weight is, but he use to compete at 148 pound class with 2-hour weigh-in. I'm guessing mid 150s? He was only competing in powerlifting back then and was still a Jr. lifter (maybe 22 at the time?). I wonder how much his squat form changed now compared to this video below.

I think if he kept powerlifting he could have gotten close to taking down Jaroslaw Olech. I can't imagine what that man can squat raw.

I love watching weightlifters squat. Here's Caleb Williams doing 500x6 before he competed in weightlifting. Not sure what his walk around weight is, but he use to compete at 148 pound class with 2-hour weigh-in. I'm guessing mid 150s? He was only competing in powerlifting back then and was still a Jr. lifter (maybe 22 at the time?). I wonder how much his squat form changed now compared to this video below.

I think if he kept powerlifting he could have gotten close to taking down Jaroslaw Olech. I can't imagine what that man can squat raw.

Dayuumm, thats beastly stuff.

But I have to admit in terms of pure power-lifting entertainment, I'd give it to Pete Rubish going ape shit in his basement, tossing around 225 like a toy doll

Dayuumm, thats beastly stuff.

But I have to admit in terms of pure power-lifting entertainment, I'd give it to Pete Rubish going ape shit in his basement, tossing around 225 like a toy doll

Haha. Love the intensity!

So much no.

Holy fuck.

Heheh well a lot of them do not bench. Most do overhead pressed and tricep work. Some even do curls lol. Bench has an impact on shoulder mobility especially for those coming from a powerlifting or bodybuilding background, It affects the second pull.

Gold medalist do the only exercise that matters

Gold medalist do the only exercise that matters

Why do Olympic lifters do curls?

Also if they don't bench how do guys like Klokov get a chest that big? You would think that the chest is one of the least important muscles for Olympic lifts?

Also if they don't bench how do guys like Klokov get a chest that big? You would think that the chest is one of the least important muscles for Olympic lifts?
Who knows, maybe they feel like it, or its good to have to help out imbalances, etc

Most don't, but as they are locking out/pressing heavy weights overhead having strong arms help. Bicep and tricep work help keep healthy elbows and strong arms.

For one they are constantly squatting and pressing every day, so they are not likely to have small muscles. On top of that, many programs focus on hypertrophy/more bodybuilding type routines for accessory work (or if you are Ehab completely fucking weird accessory work). If you aren't having issues making weight, having bigger muscles isn't inherently a bad thing.

helps elbow tendonitis from all the pronated gripping in WL.

It's pretty amazing how they can lift a lot of weight even with very little muscle to speak of. I used to have a lot of practice sessions in my gym and my coach was really tough.

He got his ass kicked today.

If by got his ass kicked you mean set a WORLD RECORD in the snatch then had a guy make a heroic level, unheard of jump to close a 12kg gap at 77kg and hit the necessary OTHER WORLD RECORD in their weight class, both finishing around 30Kg above the contenders at the OLYMPICS, then yeah, totally got his ass kicked.

ITT: Typical pathetically ignorant wanna be Internet weightlifters who've never even been in the same room as a national level lifter, let alone an Olympian, spewing their ignorant pathetic bullshit.

You're all morons. Eat shit and die.

tumblr_llr5wcZd5Q1qhbw13o1_250.gif

Back