Womens Boxing ....

Why are we even discussing... I'd say, 1 out of 20 pro (female) can beat a pro (male) at his sport

I'm not really asking if they can beat their male counterparts. I'm asking if boxing, or other combats sports should be integrated instead of separated by sex, who cares about advantages, and disadvantages. It's not like every boxer is equal to begin with amiright?

Maybe because boxing already has its critics who claim it to be barbaric, and we don't need a bunch of men beating women to death to fuel their claims? Seriously, I can't remember the last time I've seen a more retarded discussion.

Maybe because boxing already has its critics who claim it to be barbaric, and we don't need a bunch of men beating women to death to fuel their claims? Seriously, I can't remember the last time I've seen a more retarded discussion.

How is this a retarded discussion?

Is it because you're sexist?

Because the answer is so obvious that it beggars belief that you can't see it. I'll try again, this time from Wiki:

"On average, males are stronger than females. This is due to females, on average, having less total muscle mass than males. Females also have lower muscle mass in comparison to total body weight. Gross measures of upper body strength suggest an average 40-50 % difference between the sexes, compared to a 30 % difference in lower body strength.[3] One study of muscle strength in the elbows and knees

Is it because you're sexist?

The better question would be, what do you hope to accomplish by doing this? What is there to be gained by integrating male and female boxing or MMA?

The point of weight classes, for instance, is to pair up people as even physically as possible, to provide the levelest playing field and most even fights. Would you do away with weight classes as well?

If you think that just because a male and female athlete are equal in weight that they are physically equal, you need to learn more about basic biology, starting with the concept of sexual dimorphism.

The better question would be, what do you hope to accomplish by doing this? What is there to be gained by integrating male and female boxing or MMA?

The point of weight classes, for instance, is to pair up people as even physically as possible, to provide the levelest playing field and most even fights. Would you do away with weight classes as well?

If you think that just because a male and female athlete are equal in weight that they are physically equal, you need to learn more about basic biology, starting with the concept of sexual dimorphism.

I never said any of that. You're building a strawman.

"A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position."

Who said all men are equal? Might as well not have competition then right.

Because the answer is so obvious that it beggars belief that you can't see it. I'll try again, this time from Wiki:

"On average, males are stronger than females. This is due to females, on average, having less total muscle mass than males. Females also have lower muscle mass in comparison to total body weight. Gross measures of upper body strength suggest an average 40-50 % difference between the sexes, compared to a 30 % difference in lower body strength.[3] One study of muscle strength in the elbows and knees

Back