Women's Bantamweight Division

Excellent thread! The one suggestion I have would be to add how the fights were won (ud, sd, tko, sub, etc). I have seen many people say women cant finish fights. It would give people a better idea that they do finish fights, as well as let them know who is finishing their fights.

Great idea. I will work on that and for Arkain, I will work on adding thier entire pro career record.

Also, what additions would you like to see to this division? Id really like to see Holm, Nakai, Murphy, Coenen, and Cyborg if she can prove she can make weight. Id like to see Carano signed if it.is a multi fight deal and not just a one time fight with Rousey. Id also like to see Pacheco signed as a prospect and maybe Niedzwiedz.

Also, what additions would you like to see to this division? Id really like to see Holm, Nakai, Murphy, Coenen, and Cyborg if she can prove she can make weight. Id like to see Carano signed if it.is a multi fight deal and not just a one time fight with Rousey. Id also like to see Pacheco signed as a prospect and maybe Niedzwiedz.

Coenen doesn't like 135 very much...

I'd like to see Eye vs Andrade - battle of the Jessicas.

When the hell are you gonna fight , my dear Sara ? Fuck my life ffs

Nice thread btw sir

CaptainAmericaSalute.gif

I have to believe Larissa Pacheco has been in talks with the UFC and will make her UFC debut at some time this year.

Rin Nakai needs to work on her strategy. Bouncing around on the outside for that long does not play to her strengths. She needs to get on the inside alot more effectively and quicker. I heard that Invicta tried to reach out to her already. She would need a year or two at a gym like Jacksons for Rin to have a chance as success in the UFC. Maybe she should try out Invicta first.

I too hope that the Gina Carano comes in with a multi-fight contract. Holly Holm as well. The UFC is working on deals with both of these girls.

Marloes Coenen is retired.

Lauren Murphy is not going to be giving up her title to enter the Wolve's Den.

I don't think Miriam Nakamoto has any interest in the UFC. She wanted to ge the Invicta 135 belt and get a 135 boxing title and retire as the first women to hold there belts in diFferent disciplines.

That is just my opinion. I am not that much of a scout, like others in the WMMA discussion.

I have to believe Larissa Pacheco has been in talks with the UFC and will make her UFC debut at some time this year.

Rin Nakai needs to work on her strategy. Bouncing around on the outside for that long does not play to her strengths. She needs to get on the inside alot more effectively and quicker. I heard that Invicta tried to reach out to her already. She would need a year or two at a gym like Jacksons for Rin to have a chance as success in the UFC. Maybe she should try out Invicta first.

I too hope that the Gina Carano comes in with a multi-fight contract. Holly Holm as well. The UFC is working on deals with both of these girls.

Marloes Coenen is retired.

Lauren Murphy is not going to be giving up her title to enter the Wolve's Den.

I don't think Miriam Nakamoto has any interest in the UFC. She wanted to ge the Invicta 135 belt and get a 135 boxing title and retire as the first women to hold there belts in diFferent disciplines.

That is just my opinion. I am not that much of a scout, like others in the WMMA discussion.

Didnt know Coenen retired. It was a weird deal anyways because when we talk about Coenen and Murphy, I would think a lot would depend on Cyborg. If she really did move down, it would open 145 for Coenen. If she does go down to prove she can do 135, I have to think they would be considering Cyborg/Murphy. So I was thinking that what either of them did might depend on Cyborg. But if Coenen is retired, I guess it doesnt matter. I did think she was a good fighter with a big enough name to be a good opponent for Rousey. Im surprised she didnt get mentioned more.

With Nakai, I dont disagree, but she is starting to pick up some bigger name wins. She needs a step up in competition. Invicta would be good, but UFC has enough fighters to bring her along at a slower pace if need be.

EDIT: Just checked, Coenen isnt retired, she is still talking about fighting again for Invicta on her Twitter account.

Last edited:
Coenen doesn't like 135 very much...

I'd like to see Eye vs Andrade - battle of the Jessicas.

I like her at 145 better, but there isnt as much opportunity there, especially with Cyborg in the picture. If Cyborg drops to 135, it opens things up for Coenen. If Cyborg doesnt, she might be stuck in that place where she is better than everyone else but cant get the title. If she dropped down and went to the UFC, I would think she would have much more opportunity. But then again, it depends what her goals are. She may very well be content where she is.

I like the thread, BS. Good stuff.

Germaine De Ramdamie is replaced by Valerie Letourneau.

I cannot edit the OP to update it until I am off Dubs.

Back