Women vs. Men: Who's fights are more interesting?

No.

If men were meant to fight, they would have claws, much sharper teeth etc.

I don't like these types of blanket statements as they are unsupported and because they always make me feel like the person is trying to include themselves when saying 'men'.

LOL. Yeah, lets throw a man in their with a lion. Lions are meant to fight...and according to some, Men are meant to fight. sooooo, let's see what happens.

By far the men fights have been more interesting to me.

They have included strategy and a wide array of technique. Also, cardio.

The women's fights have been mostly brawls. The best I have seen from the women was the professional boxer's counter hooks. And her overall performance was OK at best.

Not a fan of 99% not Womens fights. Just like others have said..the technique isn't there.

Sure the women bring it on in the aggressiveness department..but then again so do most street fights.

The more skill the more fighters cancel out eachother most of the time.

As for memorability, I remember the women's fights this season much more than the men's. As in, I can recall every single women's fight and say the awesome things about them, but as for the men, I remember Grant laying the smackdown on Louie and not much else. The technique in the women's fights aren't great, but the talent pool is still really shallow there, and can only get better now that they're in the spotlight.

Female fights are more interesting to me at this point, partly because they're making history in a more significant way than men right now. MMA is here to stay, but WMMA is only just starting to earn its place. I also think that female MMA fighters have a more significant role than men right now, in terms of acting as rolemodels. Because there are plenty of male rolemodels displaying the values that come with martial arts in general and MMA specifically, but many girls out there need female rolemodels to adopt the same values.

So many young women out there who have a very warped view of their own gender, and I'm glad WMMA is helping to remedy that.

This is kind of a result of ignorance on the fans' part. Their technique is actually pretty tight for the body shape they have. The fact that they have narrower shoulders and wider hips relative to men change the way they can throw punches and kicks. It only looks sloppy because you are used to men fighting. The women who have wider shoulders and narrower hips like Cyborg look sharper because their body shape more closely resembles a men's shape.

I agree with TS, women fight with purpose and bad intentions.

Its funny, in other sports women are more technically sound because they lack the athleticism of men. I dont think that applies to wmma yet but should be an interesting evolution

Its funny, in other sports women are more technically sound because they lack the athleticism of men. I dont think that applies to wmma yet but should be an interesting evolution

Which sports? I don't mean to be sexist, but I honestly thought that was a myth.

The female fights have been better this season. Last night was a snooze fest

Which sports? I don't mean to be sexist, but I honestly thought that was a myth.

Basketball is mostly what I am basing it on so I may be incorrect to apply it widely.

Basketball is mostly what I am basing it on so I may be incorrect to apply it widely.

Do you actually watch WNBA? Do they have better technique, or are they just more technical in terms of playing as a team, passing and defending?

Do you actually watch WNBA? Do they have better technique, or are they just more technical in terms of playing as a team, passing and defending?

I do watch wnba. And both. Women will get into the correct defensive stance, make the correct pass (ie bounce pass vs chest pass), square up when they shoot, shorten their dribble correctly ect. But like I said they are less athletic and slower so they have to do these things correctly

I do watch wnba. And both. Women will get into the correct defensive stance, make the correct pass (ie bounce pass vs chest pass), square up when they shoot, shorten their dribble correctly ect. But like I said they are less athletic and slower so they have to do these things correctly

Interesting. Thanks.

I think the girls are representing themselves very well but it is obvious that they are not on the same level technically as the guys. Some of the striking has been very low level and they are generally leaving a huge amount of space open when grappling.

I swear you guys are a bunch of crybaby's. Anything you can turn into an argument you will, well here we go.

I like college football and think it's more exciting at times because they're rookies and they go for those ridiculous plays that actually work sometimes!

I never said the women had more technique. They go out there and slug it out it's fun to watch. I've been watching UFC since the early 90's and watching these guys with lower end technique reminds me of the days when guys laid on their opponent to win a fight and that was considered amazing. MMA athletes have come a long way in their technique, and saying the guys are infinitely better is ridiculous because half the guys technique so far has been one sided in one area practically. The women at least try to tie their MMA together, even if they are sloppy in one area. They go out there and take risks that pay off. Yes they are sloppy, but they aren't stubborn. They're eager to learn and eager to get the win. Even if it means trying something they've only just learned.

Back