Women vs. Men: Who's fights are more interesting?

mmagods.jpg

whatnow.jpg

I don't need to work. I make enough money betting against the laughably dumb MMA community, comprised of people like you.

Unlike you, I actually believe in my opinions enough to put money on them. You just talk out of your ass like a coward.

Damn, nicely done!
I won cash off Kim, that was as sure-fire an underdog win as I've seen. I'm a big Palhares fan but didn't see that happening, good work!

Hey, I'm just providing evidence that not only do I have strong opinions, but I back them up.

I don't care if 100 idiots agree with you. It doesn't make you right.

The first 2 women fights were kind of pathetic.

Also what is sad is Shayna, Roxy and company are like veteran top-20ish fighters in their division ..LOL none of these men are even like top-150 and they show more skill and technique.

The first 2 women fights were kind of pathetic.

Also what is sad is Shayna, Roxy and company are like veteran top-20ish fighters in their division ..LOL none of these men are even like top-150 and they show more skill and technique.
They weren't pathetic. There were good ground exchanges in the first round of Baszler/Pena, and Roxanne's guard is very good.

Their striking is just bad.

They weren't pathetic. There were good ground exchanges in the first round of Baszler/Pena, and Roxanne's guard is very good.

Their striking is just bad.

I'm mostly speaking of the vets gassing by or before the midway point of the second rnd. These aren't normal Tufers here. Longtime vets, bigger televised event experience, they (should) know the game and what itakes.

There are very few female fighters with a well rounded game. 90% throw wild punches and have terrible movement. Their ground game is none existent. Athleticism is questionable. But the average fan likes the just bleed mentality that two women going after each other can bring.

It'll improve, just like it did in the men's game.

I don`t like seeing woman punched in the face I guess I`m just weak like that.

There are very few girls with decent striking and for the ones who can, their opponent can't strike with them so there is obviously gonna be more to a fight with men who can do everything. I will say this though, I don't think I could name a single LNP from a girl so men's fights are both potentially more boring and potentially more exciting.

There are very few girls with decent striking and for the ones who can, their opponent can't strike with them so there is obviously gonna be more to a fight with men who can do everything. I will say this though, I don't think I could name a single LNP from a girl so men's fights are both potentially more boring and potentially more exciting.
Yes, LNP doesn't exist in wmma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubFwrm5PWW4

Oh wait, nevermind.

Men are infinitely better fighters because they were meant to fight.

You've moved from sexist, arrogant, and condescending to boring. Just give up and go to work.

the guy brings up a good point that you keep dodging. if women's technique is bad because they are physically limited and can't actually have proper technique, how do you explain kaufman, rakoczy, calderwood, nakamoto and all the other girls who don't have sloppy technique?

Last edited:
Maybe but your missing my point. Look at the way Olympic women softball throw a ball, it is not the same as an Olympic male baseball player throws a ball yet still effective for the woman's game. This is solely because of the way their shoulders are situated.

You want to see a sport where women are better than men, watch hip throws in judo. Women's lower center of gravity (in their hips) makes the technique super clean.

^Not knowing the difference between softball and baseball. Softball pitches have to be underhand. Compare baseball to baseball and softball to softball, dude.

I love how people here are pretending like the UFC doesn't have or never had sloppy male fighters. Brock Lesnar, Kimbo Slice, and Leonard Garcia once fought in the UFC.

Shayna, Roxy have terrible striking because they are not strikers.

The only reason women tend not to have as much technique in MMA (generally speaking) is because there are so few of them because the popularity of WMMA has never been where male MMA is. There was a time in the past when male MMA had its fair share of sluggers with little to no technique on the ground, etc. Women can be just as technical as men, but if there are fewer women training and they aren't training with the best in the game (currently men), then they are going to be playing catch up. As far as raw talent, the jury is still out on that one. The brains of men and women are slightly different, and men tend to have better spacial intelligence, etc, however that doesn't mean you can't learn the techniques just as well because that comes from practice.

Also, the relative effectiveness of techniques can very well change based on differing body structures. For women, since they have about half the upper body strength of a male but two thirds the lower body strength, kicking techniques will be relatively more powerful than punches as compared to men. The same is true of Rousey's arm bars, for instance. They won't be as potent against men because their upper body strength enables them to escape more easily. So, WMMA is a different game, really, and that, for me, makes it a rather nice addition to the MMA scene.

Also, a good fight is one that is well fought and contested between relatively equal opponents who have enough skill to be dangerous to one another, etc. Just having better technique does not always translate into a better fight. Otherwise, why watch any fights except championship bouts, etc? Or top ten level fights, etc... Such fights can and often do pale in comparison to under card fights! And for the people talking about going to a bar to see a drunken brawl: you are talking out of your ass. The typical bar brawler has zero technique. Give the women some credit, you ignorant fucks.

Men are infinitely better fighters because they were meant to fight.

No.

If men were meant to fight, they would have claws, much sharper teeth etc.

I don't like these types of blanket statements as they are unsupported and because they always make me feel like the person is trying to include themselves when saying 'men'.

Maybe but your missing my point. Look at the way Olympic women softball throw a ball, it is not the same as an Olympic male baseball player throws a ball yet still effective for the woman's game. This is solely because of the way their shoulders are situated.

You want to see a sport where women are better than men, watch hip throws in judo. Women's lower center of gravity (in their hips) makes the technique super clean.

Please explain to me the differences in acromial structures between genders and how this affects throwing mechanics. Please support this with appropriate references.

You will not be able to, btw.

I find myself enjoying the women's fights a little more. There's passion to their fights and a real sense or urgency.

The men's fights are kind of what they should be in a sense but I think we've seen that so much already. Some of these girls show up these guys.

It isn't a gender thing to me. There are people that put on better, more entertaining fights and people that put on less interesting fights in both genders.

Back