Women vs. Men: Who's fights are more interesting?

DCsharkz

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Personally I am more into all the fights the women are putting on. They seem to have more drive to prove something.

i prefer the guys fights just because they have better technique

I agree with you there seems to be more drive in their fights but the technical level also is a lot lower and I don

i prefer the guys fights just because they have better technique

This is kind of a result of ignorance on the fans' part. Their technique is actually pretty tight for the body shape they have. The fact that they have narrower shoulders and wider hips relative to men change the way they can throw punches and kicks. It only looks sloppy because you are used to men fighting. The women who have wider shoulders and narrower hips like Cyborg look sharper because their body shape more closely resembles a men's shape.

I agree with TS, women fight with purpose and bad intentions.

if they add some mud, I am definetly shiftting my attention to women MMA.

This is actually wrong. Their technique is actually pretty tight for the body shape they have. The fact that they have narrow shoulders and wider hips than men change the way they can throw punches and kicks. It only looks sloppy because you are used to men fighting.

Wrong. There are WAY more Male MMA fighters than female MMA fighters so the top echelon on Male fighters are going to be more skilled than the top echelon of Female fighters.

This is actually wrong. Their technique is actually pretty tight for the body shape they have. The fact that they have narrow shoulders and wider hips than men change the way they can throw punches and kicks. It only looks sloppy because you are used to men fighting.

i fucked that up i meant more technique as in more skills

Wrong. There are WAY more Male MMA fighters than female MMA fighters so the top echelon on Male fighters are going to be more skilled than the top echelon of Female fighters.

Maybe but your missing my point. Look at the way Olympic women softball throw a ball, it is not the same as an Olympic male baseball player throws a ball yet still effective for the woman's game. This is solely because of the way their shoulders are situated.

You want to see a sport where women are better than men, watch hip throws in judo. Women's lower center of gravity (in their hips) makes the technique super clean.

This is kind of a result of ignorance on the fans' part. Their technique is actually pretty tight for the body shape they have. The fact that they have narrower shoulders and wider hips relative to men change the way they can throw punches and kicks. It only looks sloppy because you are used to men fighting. The women who have wider shoulders and narrower hips like Cyborg look sharper because their body shape more closely resembles a men's shape.

I agree with TS, women fight with purpose and bad intentions.
You're a sexist moron.

There are plenty of girls with good technique (Holm, Calderwood, Kaufman, Rakoczy). The girls with bad technique have BAD technique. It has nothing to do with their body shape.

Good technique is not dropping your non punching hand, which 90% of girls can't do.

Is this a trick question? Some people find women's fights more interesting?

It's very subjective.

It depends on your position in and on mixed martial arts. If you're looking for entertainment value, some fun on TV as an alternative to baseball and basketball and so on... you may like wild fights which is back and forth and you may not care about technique.

If one has trained in striking then they usually want to see good strikers go at it. While a BJJ guy would have loved a Shields VS Maia fight. Check Pro Tweets, some pros were saying they were screaming at the TV non-stop during that fight and/or really appreciated the level of grappling they got to see.

It's 'art' for a reason.

So yea, since the women don't have high level technique they make a lot of mistakes. These 'mistakes' are what results in KO/submission. The reason there was no submission in the Shields VS Maia fight is that the both of them know how to defend every submission ever created by man, and at the highest level.

You put Maia on Miesha's or Ronda's back and you'll see someone tapping in seconds. Yet Shields rolled him over. Know what I'm trying to say?

Samething with Jessamyn VS Raquel - I call these SlopFests. I think Raquel showed really good posture. But wildly swinging at Air and leaving yourself open for big counters, and eating 3 rounds worth of big shots and dishing a bit- this doesn't make for an entertaining fight in my books. And that's what Jessamyn was doing and her face shows it.

If I want to watch sloppy fights I'll head down to my gym on Monday evening for the beginner's class training. Or actually, there might even be more technique there. I'd be better off heading to an English Bar on football night. Bar fights should be left in bars.

When I watch UFC, I expect to see the highest level of martial artists in the world compete at their highest levels.

You're a sexist moron.

There are plenty of girls with good technique (Holm, Calderwood, Kaufman, Rakoczy). The girls with bad technique have BAD technique. It has nothing to do with their body shape.

Good technique is not dropping your non punching hand, which 90% of girls can't do.

Nothing worse than stupidity in the guise of political correctness and ignorance. Anderson Silva drops his hands and it is his style. Any girl does it and it is poor technique. And endlesscritic is deluded enough to call someone else a sexist moron? Look into the mirror son, look into the mirror.

In the real world mens mma expecially at the UFC level are so much more entertaining, more technique, more skill, etc...
But in the house of average skill (TUF) yeah I definitely prefer watching the girls and dont know why they didnt make the entire season all girls. Oh yeah because these are all the girls pretty much in the world that arent in UFC already. Most these girls already fought each other pre tuf.

Nothing worse than stupidity in the guise of political correctness and ignorance. Anderson Silva drops his hands and it is his style. Any girl does it and it is poor technique. And endlesscritic is deluded enough to call someone else a sexist moron? Look into the mirror son, look into the mirror.
Did you just compare Anderson Silva dropping his hands to bait his opponent for a counter, to the atrocity that is striking in female MMA?

Anderson's striking is lightyears ahead of most men, let alone women.

Watch Pena throw punches against Baszler on TUF. It's ugly as hell. Pennington's punches were clean.

Last edited:
In the real world mens mma expecially at the UFC level are so much more entertaining, more technique, more skill, etc...
But in the house of average skill (TUF) yeah I definitely prefer watching the girls and dont know why they didnt make the entire season all girls. Oh yeah because these are all the girls pretty much in the world that arent in UFC already. Most these girls already fought each other pre tuf.
lol wtf.

The men on this season of TUF have an infinitely higher level of skill than the girls.

The next men's fight is between these 2:

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mike-Wootten-66261
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Josh-Hill-53662

The next women's fight is between these 2:

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Peggy-Morgan-91565
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Sarah-Moras-61600

Did you just compare Anderson Silva dropping his hands to bait his opponent for a counter, to the atrocity that is striking in female MMA?

Anderson's striking is lightyears ahead of most men, let alone women.

Great, again ignorance speaks by denigrating all women fighters as an atrocity. And he still used the words sexist moron, mirror buddy, look in the mirror.

I'm not denigrating all women fighters. I'm saying on average the skill level is terrible.

I specifically pointed to women with good technique: Calderwood, Holm, Rakoczy, Kaufman.

These girls prove that the overall shitty technique is not a "physical limitation" as the sexists claim.

You've moved from sexist, arrogant, and condescending to boring. Just give up and go to work.

You've moved from sexist, arrogant, and condescending to boring. Just give up and go to work.
mmagods.jpg

whatnow.jpg

I don't need to work. I make enough money betting against the laughably dumb MMA community, comprised of people like you.

Unlike you, I actually believe in my opinions enough to put money on them. You just talk out of your ass like a coward.

mmagods.jpg

whatnow.jpg

I don't need to work. I make enough money betting against the laughably dumb MMA community, comprised of people like you.

And from boring to pathetic. Come on now, stop junior, you're putting us to sleep. But hey, congratulations on your betting acumen, I'm sure that will work out for you in the long run. Go for it dude, bet the farm!

Last edited:
Back