Women Shin Guards?

Monger

Chronically Injured
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to buy shin guards for my girlfriend. She is aprox. 5'6.

All the shin guards I've seen on the net come in limited sizes such as

Child size (tried them and way too small)
Adult size (too big)

Some guards come in medium and large but she's tried on two pair of mediums and they were big as well. Can some one here that's around that height point me to some shin guards that should work for her?

Thanks!

Have you tried the sock types? I know I've seen them in small at sporting goods stores.

www.SSFgear.com

No I haven't. I've looked in some of the sporting goods stores in my area and they don't carry shin guards. If I see some of those I'll give them a try though. Thanks.

Very cool. Thanks for you time, I appreciate it. I'm going to ask around at my gym first (guess I should have done that already) but I'll keep those in mind.

Look around, you can find the socks cheapier. Sports Auth, Dicks and Play it Again Sports all carry them.

www.SSFgear.com

You can try woldorf too. The stuff is nowhere near as good as windy, or csi, or fairtex, but it comes in small sizes even for adult.

Hey Monger,

I think I have the perfect pair of shinguards for your girilfriend. These are our extra thick cloth shinguard. They're our very own design with padding that is twice as thick as normal shinguards, with the foam giving more protection of the calves and they fit very snug. If they don't work out great, send them back and I'll refund your money, no problems.

Check them out at: http://www.warrior-one.com/warrior-one/id1.html

Keven
www.warrior-one.com

I tried using the search and came up with this old thread, so I figured I'd add on it with my question.

My girlfriend and I are taking Muay Thai and need to purchase shin guards. I'm wondering about the size of shin guards for girls.

She's 5'1 and petite.

I'm looking at getting these Top Contenders for myself:

http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25680

Would they be fine for her as well in Reg?

Also, I'm 5'11 with thick calves, would I get a Reg or Large?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Back