Women need to man up.

Feminism isn't an epic fail. I can vote, own property, marry whomever I want, run for office, hold a position of authority. Come on. All of that is because of the successes of feminism.

And don't presume to tell me what I do and don't want in relation to equality, thanks very much.
#bossy

Feminism isn't an epic fail. I can vote, own property, marry whomever I want, run for office, hold a position of authority. Come on. All of that is because of the successes of feminism.

And don't presume to tell me what I do and don't want in relation to equality, thanks very much.

It's really not, though.

As a society grows and expands, naturally different roles will open up. Women became secretaries in office places without Feminism. It used to be a male job. But as corporate America grew, other roles needed filling. That's like saying that the civil rights movement is responsible for Mexicans being hired as housemaids and field laborers.

And while there was some overlap between the suffragists and first wave Feminism, they were separate movements in many ways. Women's suffrage was largely a political push. Black men had just been given the right to vote and rich white people were worried that elections would now be infiltrated by black interests. A reasonable counter to that was to give women the right to vote. There are more white women than black women and everything was back in order.

Feminism has had a great influence. I just don't like when it takes sole credit for things it didn't orchestrate. Women could vote in Ancient Rome and Greece. They hold public office in countries all over the world that have never had a Feminist movement.

Last edited:

I can't wait until women hold more positions of authority. My life will be as emotionally erratic as this post.

Good article. I think that the whole feminazi thing has been getting so batshit in the media lately that a lot of women will be expressing views such as this article, and that can only be a good thing. Let's be honest, you could take that exact same article word for word (well, maybe take out the "my husband" part) and put a man's name and picture on it, and the author would labeled a "rape apologist" or some such shit by a large number of shrill online feminists

Some facts about the 'inequality' between the sexes: women live longer, suffer fewer diseases, are less likely to suffer violence or a violent death, do better at school because it's been changed to suit them, get sex whenever they want AND women get paid more...... until they have children. Which they keep if they split with their partner.

So women are paid more until they decide to have a family and suffer the biological consequences.

The lack of enforced paternity leave is possibly a factor.

What feminists are seeking now is not equality but dominance. The glass ceiling jobs largely require you to be an arsehole without time at home. Only men are largely willing to do this because there are more dicks amongst their ranks.

I think what he meant is that in western societies no one can take any of those rights from you, all that western feminist do now is complaining what shirt some men is wearing, manspreading or some other non issue.

The females of every species are the sexual selectors and dictate male evolution. Women basically get what they want as a whole. Men are the weaponised sex that die for them.

This is all a little ott, but mainly true.

3777084698_a7ef4bf328.jpg

jeezus, that's just stupid.

This is largely true. But even when you studied never married women (women who don't have kids and have never taken off for work) with never married men of the same education level and work habits, there are a few fields where there's a small gap. This is what I was referring to and is explainable by negotiation. Which leads to the problem that women are typically penalized for negotiating.

There are actually demographics in which women make more money than men. And that will continue to grow as women further shun "gender roles" and become more career oriented.

I don't have a problem with this in theory. Why would anyone want to be a coal miner?

But it does emphasize the point that Feminism isn't about equality;

That's my whole point though. Feminists rarely preach equality. When feminists are protesting coal mines for not having enough women, then I'll start to believe the equality myth.

Elizabeth Stanton first ran for office in 1866, but they were given the right to stand for federal office in 1788.

In 1968, the first state to allow women's voting was Wyoming. In fact, most states allowed women to vote before the federal precedent in 1920.

Even then, there were more than a few "feminist suffragettes" that were fighting for the right for women to vote to outnumber black voters. It was as much about white supremacy as it was about "women's rights".

There wasn't much of a precedent as far as forced or arranged marriage in America throughout our brief history either. Not that it never occurred, but feminists didn't exactly solve that one. Just like now, arranged marriages typically occurred within religious sects. It wasn't a cultural norm, as far as I can tell, at any point in American history.

The first female police officer was hired in Los Angeles in 1910.

Women were allowed to enlist, serve, and take part in combat in the first world war. 12,000 women enlisted and 400 died during the war.

We tend to attribute more to feminism than it deserves. Unless we retroactively name people feminists throughout history, feminism can't, as a movement, take credit for a lot of the shit that they do.

We need to stop monsterizing men. We also need to stop encouraging women to believe they are as helpless as kittens with the vapours.

Women are not weaker vessels. That is the fundamental premise of feminism, as I recall. We have discarded that belief as discriminatory and patriarchal. We’ve tried to raise our daughters to be strong and independent, confident and secure – resilient, resourceful, tough-minded, able to deal with what the world throws at them. That is the road to equality.

So where did we go wrong? Instead of lionesses, we’ve turned turned our brave and fearless daughters into neurotic, quivering piles of jelly.

How did that happen? How did we create an entire class of highly privileged, mostly affluent young women who feel unsafe on campus, microaggressed at every turn, utterly unable to cope with the garden-variety misdemeanours of boys and men, who have been behaving badly since time began despite our many efforts (most quite successful) to civilize them?

Well, you know the answer. The universities are hothouses for a grievance culture that sees racism, sexism and misogyny under every rug. Many of the faculty derive their livelihoods from it. These institutions have constructed increasingly elaborate codes of conduct and large administrative apparatuses to detect and uproot these evils, however subtle and invisible they may be to ordinary people.
pretty much exactly what i've been saying this whole time. and interstingly enough everyone(nonsense included) gets asshurt when i say it.

conclusion: this article is clearly written by a sexist bigot like i apparently am for saying this stuff.

anyway. in the grand scheme of things this article will accomplish nothing. the feminists will ignore it and keep bitching and complaining about frivolous shit and continue to throw shit at everyone else for wearing t-shirts they don't like, enjoying hobbies they don't approve of, not finding obese women physically attractive, not identifying as feminists, etc.

carry on feminists, i think i heard someone say "bossy" on tv today. get your picket signs ready.

Sigh. No vox, you don't say what the article says.

I think this whole discussion is r exclusively for people sitting at computers. I know a lot of girls and they're ALL normal people that aren't entangled in a gender war. None of them would ever blog.

Obviously there are feminists out there that clutch to being victims, but how many really? And do we really give these buttholes the time of day off the internet?

I'm pretty sure my female friends would tell them to fuck off too.

I think this whole discussion is r exclusively for people sitting at computers. I know a lot of girls and they're ALL normal people that aren't entangled in a gender war. None of them would ever blog.

Obviously there are feminists out there that clutch to being victims, but how many really? And do we really give these buttholes the time of day off the internet?

It probably depends on the political climate of the area you live in. My city is pretty lib/dem and a lot of these weirdos are running around.

I think this whole discussion is for people exclusively sitting at computers. I know a lot of girls and they're ALL normal people that aren't entangled in a gender war. None of them would ever blog.

That's it, isn't it. The pathetic victim-creators get the most attention. Meanwhile moderate feminism continues its march while having to weather the hate aimed at ALL feminist because of the loud and pathetic few.

Sigh. No vox, you don't say what the article says.

in the part you and i both quoted from the article what HAVEN'T i said before?

i've said all that shit before and have been bitched out for saying it.

in the part you and i both quoted from the article what HAVEN'T i said before?

i've said all that shit before and have been bitched out for saying it.

Nope, people argue with you for other things you say.

That's it, isn't it. The pathetic victim-creators get the most attention. Meanwhile moderate feminism continues its march while having to weather the hate aimed at ALL feminist because of the loud and pathetic few.

Much like muslims, the extremist femenists get all the attention, and moderates get ignored or lumped in with the nutjobs.

Back