Women in MMA?

That's a pretty broad brush you're painting with. Kind of like saying guys who are for it are insecure and are vocally supporting WMMA because they want to feel more evolved and desperately connect with women. It's kinda silly.

you're right, it is a broad brush to paint with. I said it in response to the high level of outrage that seems to be erupting on sherdog at the notion that women are headlining a ppp, which I don't think is fully attributable to the fact that some men simply don't enjoy watching wmma.

and I'm not being vocal in my support of it. I've only seen ronda fight and a few random women fights that were on strikeforce cards. I have the same attitude I had towards the bw's and flw's....let's get them in there and see what they can do. If it's exciting it will stay, if not, then it won't.

Finally, while "being vocal about my support for wmma" may help me feel more evolved, I hardly think posting those opinions on an almost all male forum will help me connect with women, no matter how desperate I may be. :icon_lol:

women shouldn't be fighting in general
Why not? Because they're not as strong? They're too fragile? If they have a fighting spirit and want to take part, let them. They have as much right to take part in things that we do. Will it be overly popular? Maybe not, or not yet. Women's MMA is fairly new. All sports had to start somewhere.

I don't know about you gents, but there's amazing women out there who train hard and fight hard. Even with those that aren't quite as great, that doesn't stop me and others at my gym from encouraging and even appreciating that they're all still trying and doing what they love. You can't really produce better fighters and push this sport forward without supporting potential fighters in the first place.

I really don't think there is any chance of that ever happening. There isn't any sport in the world that women started doing and become men's equal. And remember when they brought David Beckham to LA and tried to hype it up like it was a big deal? The whole country rose up in indifference. They just don't want what they don't want. I'm not furious about it or anything but I don't like being coerced into liking something and called an asshole or sexist if I don't.
Your point is valid, I think it's more on the guys that just downright say they hate it, or along the lines of what mawashi geri has stated above... no justification and just disallowing outright.

The only problem I have with WMMA is how shallow the divisions are. I have a feeling Ronda is gonna have few fights before they start recycling fighters or getting random fighters that don't stand a chance.

When i watch boxing on HBO i always wish they would show 2 lowly skilled females going at it

The only problem I have with WMMA is how shallow the divisions are. I have a feeling Ronda is gonna have few fights before they start recycling fighters or getting random fighters that don't stand a chance.

They're already doing that.

Because women fighters make insecure men feel even more insecure.

Back