Crime Women beheaded in church by Islamic terrorist in Nice (France), 3 dead

Yet there are already thousands of tweets from people who are crying that people are racist AGAINST the islam. No word about the beheading itself. Telling.

Quite a feedback loop you have created for yourself.

It's not as if all muslims don't participate in society, though. The War Room stance seems to be that none do, when the reality is the majority of muslims go to work, go shopping, etc like everyone else.
There are many that do, but overall when a group takes away from society, it's best to not invite thst group in. As they are a net drain

They'll westernize. They always do.

Previously, it was because the West simple afforded a superior culture of freedom of values. Now, we don't care so much about the second part, but this makes it even more seductive. We've become what @Sinister aka @KinG Kabuki, a former mod here, would often characterize pejoratively as the spirit of the 80's. We do whatever makes us feel good: the decade of immediate gratification became a way of life.

Manners? Those are so passé. Fuck anyone who doesn't get you and what you're about.

Litter? Go ahead. Everyone does it. Individual responsibility towards the social good is for squares. This is especially true for anything promoting social health that isn't legally mandatory. After all, if it was important, they would make a law, right? And, if it was made a law, if it was really an important law, they'd work harder to enforce it, right? Haven't been arrested throwing that wrapper out the car window yet.

Drugs? Sure. YOLO.

Irresponsible sex? Puhlease. We'll just blame our bad life choices on others with more material wealth, and demand they shoulder the burden of the negative consequences we suffer by our own actions.

Consume recklessly at a cost to the environment and third-world quality of life? By all means!

Anything and everything that scratches that itch you're having, right this moment, no matter the cost to you or others in the long term? Why, isn't that your fundamental right?

Islam doesn't stand a chance against that.

Yeah, I know quite a lot of muslims and absolutely none of them would last 5 minutes under sharia law.

I think this is it. These aren't organised attacks, they're mentally ill people being spurred on by people like Erdogan into thinking they're doing something which is somehow defending their religion.
I don't like reducing it to them being "mentally ill" when we have no evidence of that. Most mentally ill people are not violent, they're a bigger threat to themselves than others and even then most are not suicidal either. I think you mean well here but I also think this line of thinking unintentionally stigmatizes mental illness. There's a sickness here but its not that kind, more of a cultural sickness.
Not everyone follows the book perfectly. Humans are flawed creatures. Just because the book didn’t create a never-ending utopia doesn’t mean it is useless and can’t lead to great things.
I agree, though I have a different book(s) in mind...
These days one could easily argue the opposite; that Christianity is what it is today due to secular philosophy. We can all see how many things in the Bible Christians say doesn't matter, and even more that they don't even bother to live after because they want to be like the rest of us, and Christians are much less violent today than they were in history when the church had more direct power (not comparing violence of different religions here, just comparing Christianity of different ages). That shouldn't really happen with a rule book made by an all-knowing god since if you actually believe that, how could man ever refute those messages? The biggest issue around Islam is probably that the religion was allowed to stay in power, allowing for stale necrocracy instead of allowing philosophy to modernize their societies. Hence we have many of them still thinking with medieval minds.
So why are the wealthiest, safest Muslim societies the conservative theocratic monarchies(Gulf states, Brunei) while the secular republics(Iraq, Libya, Syria, Yemen) have been reduced to smoldering rubble? We don't have Fight Island in Turkey or Tunisia, its in Abu Dhabi for a reason.

They'll westernize. They always do.

Previously, it was because the West simple afforded a superior culture of freedom of values. Now, we don't care so much about the second part, but this makes it even more seductive. We've become what @Sinister aka @KinG Kabuki, a former mod here, would often characterize pejoratively as the spirit of the 80's. We do whatever makes us feel good: the decade of immediate gratification became a way of life.

Manners? Those are so passé. Fuck anyone who doesn't get you and what you're about.

Litter? Go ahead. Everyone does it. Individual responsibility towards the social good is for squares. This is especially true for anything promoting social health that isn't legally mandatory. After all, if it was important, they would make a law, right? And, if it was made a law, if it was really an important law, they'd work harder to enforce it, right? Haven't been arrested throwing that wrapper out the car window yet.

Drugs? Sure. YOLO.

Irresponsible sex? Puhlease. We'll just blame our bad life choices on others with more material wealth, and demand they shoulder the burden of the negative consequences we suffer by our own actions.

Consume recklessly at a cost to the environment and third-world quality of life? By all means!

Anything and everything that scratches that itch you're having, right this moment, no matter the cost to you or others in the long term? Why, isn't that your fundamental right?

Islam doesn't stand a chance against that.
I agree with a lot of that. But that's am awful way to win. It's like out disgusting a messy roommate. Sure you won but at what cost?

There are many that do, but overall when a group takes away from society, it's best to not invite thst group in. As they are a net drain

From personal experience I don't think so. Obviously there's a balance to be struck though.

Makes me wonder : what are the measures that France can realistically take at this point?
The parallel societies have been exponentially accelerated by « regroupement familiale » which majority of the French are actually against of. Putting that on hold won’t do anymore, it’s too late.

Remigration.

Deport any Muslim without citizenship.

Step up Mosque surveillance.
Throw out foreign Imams and money for Muslim "charities".Most of it comes from the Saudis and Erdogan.

I don't like reducing it to them being "mentally ill" when we have no evidence of that. Most mentally ill people are not violent, they're a bigger threat to themselves than others and even then most are not suicidal either. I think you mean well here but I also think this line of thinking unintentionally stigmatizes mental illness. There's a sickness here but its not that kind, more of a cultural sickness.

I think it's a combination. Mental illness is a vast thing and yes, the vast majority of mentally ill people aren't violent and are more likely to be the victim of violence to perpetuate it.

I do think there's an element of a form of mental illness in looking for something to attach yourself to and being prepared to take it to this level though, but yes, I probably could have phrased it a lot better.

I don't think it's a cultural thing either really as the vast majority of muslims aren't violent or dangerous either.

ElfNysAVgAIebKW

I agree with a lot of that. But that's am awful way to win. It's like out disgusting a messy roommate. Sure you won but at what cost?

That's what the West is these days though. The cat is out of the bag, the West is moving increasingly towards being secular and Christianity isn't going to make a comeback.

The good news is that it'll likely take other religions down with it in the long term.

In 300 years I'd be surprised if there are many religious people left in the world at all.

So why are the wealthiest, safest Muslim societies the conservative theocratic monarchies(Gulf states, Brunei) while the secular republics(Iraq, Libya, Syria, Yemen) have been reduced to smoldering rubble? We don't have Fight Island in Turkey or Tunisia, its in Abu Dhabi for a reason.
because these small theocratic monarchies have as support a vast network of brutality within its confines, built by the local Mukhabarat, which is the secret service.

That's what the West is these days though. The cat is out of the bag, the West is moving increasingly towards being secular and Christianity isn't going to make a comeback.

The good news is that it'll likely take other religions down with it in the long term.

In 300 years I'd be surprised if there are many religious people left in the world at all.
My prediction, sex bits will make all the non Amish go extinct in 100 years. I'm kinda serious.

because these small theocratic monarchies have as support a vast network of brutality within its confines, built by the local Mukhabarat, which is the secret service.
Also the population there, the natives don't so anything. It's basically slave son the bottom and skilled workers at the top doing stuff. Both if which are foreign

Also the population there, the natives don't so anything. It's basically slave son the bottom and skilled workers at the top doing stuff. Both if which are foreign
they also make sure to export all their radicals to the shitholes of the world. Afghanistan, Iraq and Africa have been a vacuum cleaner for these regimes, they send all the bad boys abroad and when they come back they are given either a burial or a ticket to Europe or else.

Isn't Macroni the one who said French culture doesn't exist?

Terrible to see yet another attack from these insane maniacs.

These days one could easily argue the opposite; that Christianity is what it is today due to secular philosophy. We can all see how many things in the Bible Christians say doesn't matter, and even more that they don't even bother to live after because they want to be like the rest of us, and Christians are much less violent today than they were in history when the church had more direct power (not comparing violence of different religions here, just comparing Christianity of different ages). That shouldn't really happen with a rule book made by an all-knowing god since if you actually believe that, how could man ever refute those messages? The biggest issue around Islam is probably that the religion was allowed to stay in power, allowing for stale necrocracy instead of allowing philosophy to modernize their societies. Hence we have many of them still thinking with medieval minds.

the bible is nothing if not a demonstration of the constantly evolving consciousness and covenants between man and god. if you can take anything from the old and new testament and the evolution of thought and worship in it it is that the Judaeo/christian tradition is malleable and changeable and god deals with us humans within that context.

So did Syria, Iraq, and Libya and yet they're smoldering rubble. In fact the Baathist regimes had the most efficient and pervasive Mukhabarat. I had a professor who studied both Syria and Iran, he told me he was in Iran for about a year before they told him to beat it(he was studying them politically which he regimes don't like) but in Syria within three days they picked him up, called his local contacts in front of him, and promised to make their lives hell if he didn't beat it(he's a dual French/American citizen so they couldn't threaten him directly as easily). I also met a Syrian man, who left in 2005, who told me that every third person on a bus was part of the Mukhabarat and that in every hotel lobby there was one of them. I don't think that's necessarily true but I do think the surveillance apparatus was extensive enough to make Syrians believe it was true, that's partly the point. And of course Saddam's surveillance apparatus was legendary, the so called Republic of Fear, where even the chiefs of the intelligence agencies weren't sure they weren't being spied on.

So it can't be that. But I'll give you props since that's a decent answer, better than just saying "because oil" which is also wrong.
I think it's a combination. Mental illness is a vast thing and yes, the vast majority of mentally ill people aren't violent and are more likely to be the victim of violence to perpetuate it.

I do think there's an element of a form of mental illness in looking for something to attach yourself to and being prepared to take it to this level though, but yes, I probably could have phrased it a lot better.

I don't think it's a cultural thing either really as the vast majority of muslims aren't violent or dangerous either.
When I say cultural sickness I don't mean it in a vague, sweeping way that "Muslim culture" is sick. I mean there's something wrong with this local population in terms of the unique balance of cultural pressures stemming from global, national, regional, and local influences.

My prediction, sex bits will make all the non Amish go extinct in 100 years. I'm kinda serious.

They'll have to make a wooden version presumably, it'd probably give you splinters.

Back