Woman who falsely claimed Rape after failing law exams found Guilty

• Thread starter Devout Pessimist
  • Start date
D

Devout Pessimist

If at first you don't succeed blame men.

From http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-27714371

A law graduate who falsely accused her boyfriend of rape has been found guilty of perverting the course of justice.

Rhiannon Brooker, 30, claimed Paul Fensome, 46, forced her to have sex and also caused her to miscarry. Mr Fensome was held in custody for 36 days.

Brooker, from Frampton Cotterell, used the allegations as an excuse for failing her legal exams, Bristol Crown Court was told.

She was found guilty of 12 charges related to five false rape claims.

Brooker also lied about six assaults and a claim of false imprisonment.

The big "shocker" is that the feminist group WAR (women against rape) is upset about the conviction ruling.

The campaign group Women Against Rape (War), which has supported Brooker, 30, claimed the police and Crown Prosecution Service put more resources into such cases than into investigating violent crimes including rape.

A War spokesperson said the prosecution of Brooker was "completely disproportionate", adding: "Time and again we see police resources diverted from rape and put into prosecuting women instead."

War argues that such prosecutions can deter women from reporting rape and domestic abuse. The spokesperson said: "We must bring an end to these witch hunts. If the authorities want to turn the clock back and put women off from coming forward, prosecutions like this are a very effective deterrent."

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jun/05/law-graduate-guilty-falsely-accusing-boyfriend-rape

Why isn't this feminist group upset at the woman for lying about being raped? Why did they fail to mention anything about the boyfriend who had to spend 36 days in jail for something he didn't do? Isn't the real problem here women lying about being raped which then comes with the consequences of people becoming more skeptical when a legitimate rape happens?

Is WAR justified in being upset regarding the ruling in this case?

_75319132_75319131.jpg

And she claims that she got raped ?!?!?!?!??!

tumblr_m66t0z8PJ11rzapx4o1_500.gif

Feminism is about supporting and upholding a narrative of women as victim.

It has no concerns with facts or reality.

Never heard of War but they sound like nice ladies. Woman falsely accusing men is a serious perversion of justice and tougher penalties need to be in order to curb such a disgusting trend. Any woman that lies about such serious crimes should serve a good portion of the time the accused would serve.

I just knew before I got to that part of your post that some feminist group would be upset.

False rape claims are rare, but they do exist. A prosecutor with integrity isn't going to move ahead with rape charges if there is evidence that the "victim" is lying.

While I support equal rights, this is going beyond equal rights. She claims there is a witch hunt? Yeah, there is, but it's the men being burned at the stake.

I wonder how much WAR cares about the impact false rape charges can have on someone. This woman could have cost the guy his life.

Isn't it odd, that political feminism has been pushed across so many different countries near the same time?

I wonder who is coordinating it. Must have some serious money and connections.

Why isn't this feminist group upset at the woman for lying about being raped? Why did they fail to mention anything about the boyfriend who had to spend 36 days in jail for something he didn't do? Isn't the real problem here women lying about being raped which then comes with the consequences of people becoming more skeptical when a legitimate rape happens?

Is WAR justified in being upset regarding the ruling in this case?

This is absolutely correct and the stance that these morons should be taking. This group War should be condemning this piece of shit for setting their cause back and trivializing the pain and suffering that real rape victims endure.

That was a good ruling see no problem there. :icon_lol:

I just knew before I got to that part of your post that some feminist group would be upset.

False rape claims are rare, but they do exist. A prosecutor with integrity isn't going to move ahead with rape charges if there is evidence that the "victim" is lying.

While I support equal rights, this is going beyond equal rights. She claims there is a witch hunt? Yeah, there is, but it's the men being burned at the stake.

From my understanding, it's apparently extremely difficult to determine how often false rape accusations occur. When my friend was falsely accused of physically assaulting his GF and it was extremely obvious he didn't, the police just told her not to do that again and nothing was reported. It turns out she had done this to multiple guys and never faced any consequences.

I'm sure this happens in many cases where the woman is obviously lying and the police just give her a light scolding without ever reporting it.

That woman made it harder on the real victims.

It's extremely difficult to determine how often false rape accusations occur. When my friend was falsely accused of physically assaulting his GF and it was extremely obvious he didn't, the police just told her not to do that again and nothing was reported. It turns out she had done this to multiple guys and never faced any consequences.

I'm sure this happens in many cases where the woman is obviously lying and the police just give her a light scolding without ever reporting it.

This is very true. I don't think we'll ever have a solid grasp on stats for false accusations.

I remember a few years ago here in Edmonton, there was a poster campaign called "Don't Be that Guy", putting up posters with various scenarios. Ex:

dont-be-that-guy-7.jpg

Of course, as soon as a group countered with "Don't be that Girl" posters, shit hit the fan. Ex:

posters.jpg

When will there be honest discussion on the matter, because it seems to me these feminist groups aren't interested in that.

OF course, if you get raped, fucking report it. But false accusations ruin lives, and that's also a serious issue that needs to be addressed.

Isn't it odd, that political feminism has been pushed across so many different countries near the same time?

What is interesting is that the Universities are the ones funding many of these feminists careers. Feminst/Open Racist Suey Park, who started the #cancelcolbert movement, talked about how she lost $4000 because she couldn't attend a speaking engagement she had at a University. She was going to be paid $4000 to speak about some nonsense at just one speaking event and this was before the cancelcolbert thing. She is probably making more money now and she speaks at Colleges multiple times a week.

Anita Sarkeesian, the woman who bitches about video games, made a butt-load of money getting spots on TED Talks and doing a College/University tour. All she did was read the mean comments people made on her YouTube videos.

It seems like there is some decent money in pushing the victim propaganda and then going on College speaking tours even if you are at the bottom of the speaker totem pole. Even someone as little known as Suey Park was at the time was pulling $4000 per speaking engagement.

Last edited by a moderator:
The title of this thread reminded of the David Mamet play/movie:

Oleanna

This is very true. I don't think we'll ever have a solid grasp on stats for false accusations.

I remember a few years ago here in Edmonton, there was a poster campaign called "Don't Be that Guy", putting up posters with various scenarios. Ex:

dont-be-that-guy-7.jpg

Of course, as soon as a group countered with "Don't be that Girl" posters, shit hit the fan. Ex:

posters.jpg

When will there be honest discussion on the matter, because it seems to me these feminist groups aren't interested in that.

OF course, if you get raped, fucking report it. But false accusations ruin lives, and that's also a serious issue that needs to be addressed.

I wonder what happens more often--- a girl gets drunk and a guy forces himself upon her, or a girl gets drunk and has consensual sex but accuses him of rape. Hmmmmm.

What is interesting is that the Universities are the ones funding many of these feminists careers. Feminst/Open Racist Suey Park, who started the #cancelcolbert movement, talked about how she lost $4000 because she couldn't attend a speaking engagement she had at a University. She was going to be paid $4000 to speak about some nonsense at just one speaking event and this was before the cancelcolbert thing. She is probably making more money now and she speaks at Colleges multiple times a week.

It seems like there is some decent money in pushing the victim propaganda and then going on College speaking tours even if you are at the bottom of the speaker totem pole. Even someone as little known as Suey Park was at the time was pulling $4000 per speaking engagement.

Seems pretty obvious that it is supported by very powerful globalized players. Not the sort of people who just care about women's rights.

Now now don't go thinking with your head *cough* Rockefeller *cough* you little women hater.

I wonder what happens more often--- a girl gets drunk and a guy forces himself upon her, or a girl gets drunk and has consensual sex but accuses him of rape. Hmmmmm.

Its not just a problem involving alcohol. Liberals love to cry rape to push their political agenda. :icon_chee

tumblr_n2v4y5xHhp1rq01f1o1_1280.png

no, they are not. at least here. there are a lot of them. they should get the same prison sentence a rapist would get when caught lying about it.

Its not just a problem involving alcohol. Liberals love to cry rape to push their political agenda. :icon_chee

Bullshit. You really want to go toe to toe on this shit? You really think there are more false rapes than rape?

Back