Woman shot to death by her 2yr old in a Walmart.

1 shot 1 kill

Sniper child has a lethal future ahead of him.

Next time you're all incredulous because you saw a toddler with a teardrop tattoo, remember this day.

What I think should be taken away from this more than anything is the fact that carrying a firearm is not about feeling safe or confident. It's a very real responsibility to the people around you and yourself. When you apply for that carry permit, you're not becoming a vigilante, however you are putting yourself in a position to potentially protect any lawful, innocent, and in-danger citizen you come across.

The responsibility isn't just moral. It's not just about keeping your gun away from your two year old. If you're going to actually carry a sidearm, you have an obligation to be smart, disciplined, and proficient with it. That means practicing in some sort of dynamic fashion that gives you skills with movement, time constraints, and stress. That means utilizing a gun belt, a firm holster, and a reliable weapon.

To paraphrase Dave Spaulding, if you don't have the time or money to maintain your proficiency in defending a life, what's really important to you?

I sure hope this 2 year old wasn't a cop...

Darwin award. Let a 2 year old get possession of your purse when it has a loaded sidearm in it. I don't even...

Oh, and women who carry in their purse strike me as rather unserious about being willing to defend themselves. At that point, it's all about comfort of mind, rather than actually being in a position to draw down in a time of need. Considering that your time from threat assessment to draw should be within two seconds, the idea of having to unzip your purse, find the pistol, and draw it from amongst makeup, phone, etc. is pretty telling of her proficiency.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Now cue the opportunistic antis and foreigners who will ignore the hundreds of thousands of examples in the heaving piles of anecdotal and statistical evidence that proves firearms save more lives than they take.

Solid post.

Now cue the opportunistic antis and foreigners who will ignore the hundreds of thousands of examples in the heaving piles of anecdotal and statistical evidence that proves firearms save more lives than they take.

You only think that because you conveniently ignore the heaving(?) piles of statistics about firearms taking lives instead of saving them.

carrying a firearm is not about feeling safe or confident. It's a very real responsibility to the people around you and yourself. When you apply for that carry permit, you're not becoming a vigilante, however you are putting yourself in a position to potentially protect any lawful, innocent, and in-danger citizen you come across.

The responsibility isn't just moral. It's not just about keeping your gun away from your two year old. If you're going to actually carry a sidearm, you have an obligation to be smart, disciplined, and proficient with it.

Lots and lots and lots of people aren't responsible, smart, and disciplined enough to handle an instant, simple, deadly weapon and never will be.
Do you have a mass producible and objective Irresponsibility Detector we can use to identify them and a large empty country we can send them to?
Or are we just going to let them all have a deadly force they can't handle?

how long are you not paying attention that your kid has time to root through your purse, find a gun, aim it and shoot you....

Kid is going to need some serious therapy growing up

oh god stewie finally got to lois

iUm45KVQ.jpeg

how long are you not paying attention that your kid has time to root through your purse, find a gun, aim it and shoot you....

Yep. This is a case of shitty parenting.

You only think that because you conveniently ignore the heaving(?) piles of statistics about firearms taking lives instead of saving them.

No, I think that because I remove my emotions from situations involving the public. And put simply, suicide and gang violence account for so much of the gun violence "epidemic" in this country that it really sinks the ship of gun control advocacy.

I've got CDC, FBI, Senate Committee, and state law enforcement data on hand if you'd like to discuss this further.

Lots and lots and lots of people aren't responsible, smart, and disciplined enough to handle an instant, simple, deadly weapon and never will be.
Do you have a mass producible and objective Irresponsibility Detector we can use to identify them and a large empty country we can send them to?
Or are we just going to let them all have a deadly force they can't handle?

Indeed. Which is why we should also ban baseball bats, kitchen knives, and motor vehicles. The likes of which account for more deaths and injuries than firearms.

Or maybe, just maybe, we can be adults and understand that the potential of an idiot to do harm is not grounds for punishing the public from having access to tools and materials.

If only there was a good guy with a gun to stop this tragedy.

Tyrion Lannister thinks this kid is a procrastinator.

Indeed. Which is why we should also ban baseball bats, kitchen knives, and motor vehicles. The likes of which account for more deaths and injuries than firearms.

Or maybe, just maybe, we can be adults and understand that the potential of an idiot to do harm is not grounds for punishing the public from having access to tools and materials.
Exactly! That's why I support removing all weapons restrictions. I can legally buy a grenade launcher but no grenades, that doesn't make any sense. And why can't I possess a nuclear warhead? It's exactly the same as a kitchen knife.

Exactly! That's why I support removing all weapons restrictions. I can legally buy a grenade launcher but no grenades, that doesn't make any sense. And why can't I possess a nuclear warhead? It's exactly the same as a kitchen knife.

Hey, even sooner than I thought. I'm glad you mentioned the kitchen knife to sidearm rift. Because the ability to kill 5 million people across a 50,000 sq. mi. radius is right in line with the lethality of a pistol's 30 yard effective range.

You see, if you go back to my example, the things I listed actually do kill and harm lots of people. More so than firearms. The difference being that your example requires hyperbole and hypotheticals.

But I won't ignore your point. I'll play fair. The reality is that when someone does decide to go on a rampage, their lethality is exceptionally low. The deadliest shooter to date amassed a tragic 32 kills and 17 wounded, requiring 19 magazines and 400 rounds to do so. Murderers are not efficient, and even if they were, are no match for the response of a federal or state tactical team, hence their suicides always coming at the first sign of response.

Conversely, an inept, blind, deaf lunatic could use a grenade to kill a dozen people by simply removing the pin. And a nuclear bomb...I mean, come on.

Darwin award. Let a 2 year old get possession of your purse when it has a loaded sidearm in it. I don't even...

Oh, and women who carry in their purse strike me as rather unserious about being willing to defend themselves. At that point, it's all about comfort of mind, rather than actually being in a position to draw down in a time of need. Considering that your time from threat assessment to draw should be within two seconds, the idea of having to unzip your purse, find the pistol, and draw it from amongst makeup, phone, etc. is pretty telling of her proficiency.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Now cue the opportunistic antis and foreigners who will ignore the hundreds of thousands of examples in the heaving piles of anecdotal and statistical evidence that proves firearms save more lives than they take.
I think she is disqualified for the Darwin award since she already reproduced.
Usually it is awarded to people who help humanity by dying or sterilizing themselves before they can reproduce.

It would be interesting to follow the lives of her children to see if Natural selection runs its course.

Back