Woman kills very dangerous Giraffe.

good-good-let-the-internet-outrage-flow-through-you.jpg

Who am I to talk... I'm just as guilty of it sometimes as well

all of this is true but WHY POSE WITH IT?

these fucking weirdos pose with the animals dead body like they are proud of what they have done, or they accomplished something.

bitch you paid money to kill a defenseless animal and you were never in danger in any way. why are you taking a picture with its dead body like you went to battle and conquered your rivals...

its attention whoring at its finest. no different than killing a spider with a rolled up newspaper and kneeling down to pose for a picture while you flex over it.
^This.

A giraffe has no natural fear of man and if at all habituated will often walk up curious to people.

There is no 'hunting' in this kill. You are not 'hunting' something that does not run and considers you friendly. It is just slaughter and nothing more.

Ban the legal hunting that's regulated will just lead to unregulated poaching. People need to get out of their feelings and realise that (unfortunately) the fact that people pay lots of money to take those kinds of pictures are a part of why those animals are around to even take pictures of.

What about the hunters and conservationists that inform him on what he's saying?

What about some of the things he says has zero evidence to back it up

anyone ever watch giraffes fighting? pretty damn intense.

Meat will feed local villagers for a generation.

Animal needed to be culled for the greater good of the population.

Her hunting fees pay for conservation of giraffes for a century.

If you eat meat you can’t comment.

Etc etc etc

This is hardly an ends justify the means situation. And first, you’re comparing hunting giraffes, which as far as I know are not overrunning their environment, with the hunting of deer or other animals that need culling. And it is a bit hypocritical of people to eat meat and then want to end trophy hunting, but not that hypocritical. People need to eat. People don’t need to kill giraffes.

This is hardly an ends justify the means situation. And first, you’re comparing hunting giraffes, which as far as I know are not overrunning their environment, with the hunting of deer or other animals that need culling. And it is a bit hypocritical of people to eat meat and then want to end trophy hunting, but not that hypocritical. People need to eat. People don’t need to kill giraffes.

I was being sarcastic, obviously.

should be raped by a pack of wild apes

I dunno, wouldn't you need to hold it down so the apes could reach, or would they climb up the legs?
Seems kinder just to shoot the poor thing.

What about some of the things he says has zero evidence to back it up

This thread is about big game/trophy hunting. Is he wrong in what he (and vicariously those hunters and conservationists) says about it?

If you start a "What do you think about Joe Rogan?" thread, I'll gladly chime in.

Culling isn't always just about overall numbers. The giraffe and rhino hunting controversies over the past few years both miss out on a big caveat: those animals were being a net negative for their species. I, personally, have no desire to hunt these types of animals and I actually do find it weird when someone does. That said when it's explained that those older males kill or prevent younger, virile males from further propagating the species (and in the rhino's case, killing a female as well) I get the "necessary evil" of it.

People seem to be driven by financial motivations, so in this scenario, there are 3 obvious options that come to mind:

1.) More tourism through safaris
2.) Big game hunting
3.) Telling everyone to play nice and leave the animals alone, as if poachers aren't going to exploit the shit out of them.

I've been an animal lover since I can remember but running through the pros/cons of each, the hunting is probably the best situation at this point.

Yeah, my visit to Head-Smashed-In giraffe jump was both informative and interesting. Those American Indians were true hunters and conservationists.

American Indians used to herd hundreds of Buffalo right the fuck off cliffs, and then use some of the meat and leave most to rot.

#BisonJumping

Meat will feed local villagers for a generation.

Animal needed to be culled for the greater good of the population.

Her hunting fees pay for conservation of giraffes for a century.

If you eat meat you can’t comment.

Etc etc etc
She's killing for fun and who here eats giraffe? It's fine to comment if you eat meat.

This thread is about big game/trophy hunting. Is he wrong in what he (and vicariously those hunters and conservationists) says about it?

If you start a "What do you think about Joe Rogan?" thread, I'll gladly chime in.

Culling isn't always just about overall numbers. The giraffe and rhino hunting controversies over the past few years both miss out on a big caveat: those animals were being a net negative for their species. I, personally, have no desire to hunt these types of animals and I actually do find it weird when someone does. That said when it's explained that those older males kill or prevent younger, virile males from further propagating the species (and in the rhino's case, killing a female as well) I get the "necessary evil" of it.

People seem to be driven by financial motivations, so in this scenario, there are 3 obvious options that come to mind:

1.) More tourism through safaris
2.) Big game hunting
3.) Telling everyone to play nice and leave the animals alone, as if poachers aren't going to exploit the shit out of them.

I've been an animal lover since I can remember but running through the pros/cons of each, the hunting is probably the best situation at this point.

Hey, if killing some of them helps their overall population, then that’s a different story. To an extent anyway. But are they only hunting males? Idk. And still, even with all of that justification, trophy hunting like that is just a shitty thing to do. It’s for fucking sociopaths. I can understand hunting and why that is fun. And if you eat the animals and enjoy the thrill of the hunt, I definitely get it.

But paying a shitload of money to have local Africans drive you around in a Jeep until you come upon some giraffes, at which point you pull out a massive fucking rifle and shoot them, just makes you a cunt. Not a skilled hunter, or even a decent person.

Personally, I believe if you hunt, you should only be allowed to hunt with a bow and arrow.

Sometimes I wish there was an alien race that would do the same to despicable humans.

Back