Woman eaten by Tiger in China

So the dude lost his wife and mother in law?

Lucky bastard.

Alright, sherdog. This thread is making me angry. I've scrolled through the first three pages of this thread and havent seen a single "ban Tigers" post yet. How dare you.

It's a fucking tiger, man. If it's hungry, it will eat anything it can take down.
It might not necessarily even be out of hunger but sheer boredom . A lot of times the tigers will maul cattle and sheep but not eat them because they have already eaten . But if they are bored they will literally just kill things , theyre cats . Humans provide both food and attention to these animals that other wise they wouldnt have . When they see people they associate that with things to do and exciting things happening . If you watch the video where the tiger mauled the man in india there were several minutes where the tiger observes the man before killing him . He was unsure what to do because patrons arent throwing food into the enclosure like they do in China . In this video the tiger doesnt even give it a few seconds . As soon as he saw the woman he attacked . Those few moments could have saved that womans life but thanks to the greedy idiocoy of chinese zoos these tigers are more dangerous to humans than tigers in the wild .

Stupidity, or not, what do you gain by insulting someone who just experienced such a horrific tragedy?
Hopefully people stop attending these places . Its really very irresponsible to allow patrons to feed these kinds of animals .

You didnt tag me but tigers in captivity associate people with food and a source of attention .

Particularly in these chinese tiger zoos where they dump live prey in the tiger enclosure and allow people to feed the tigers . The tigers associate people with food whether they may have food on them or be food themselves .

If you have ever seen those live feeding videos where people ride a bus and a live cow or goat gets ripped to bits while they cheer and enjoy the carnage or string chickens on sticks and lower them into the tiger enclosure these exact activities came back to bite them in the ass because if a person winds up in a big cat enclosure they will associate humans with food and immediately attack rather than be confused or unsure about what that human is there for .

tiger-china1.jpg

img.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

This is also a very poor creature preserving program because the tigers born in these breeding programs can never be released into the wild because they will gravitate toward humans and human settlements looking for food . Wild tigers try to stay away from humans or loud noises and urbanization . Its very much a veiled business to supply tiger parts for chinese medicine and very little to do with preserving the species . So basically human stupidity strikes again . If you want to know how to create man eating animals you lock up prime predator animal species and allow the zoo patrons to feed them . So for those people that support live feedings of farm animals at these zoos and say its necessary to keep the tigers wild instincts fresh , this is simply moronic logic . All you do is make tons and tons of unreleasable animals that view humans as food and fuel an under ground medicine trade of exotic animals and its not helping the wild tiger populations at all .

Oh offcourse how can I forget my lovely Banchan..

Anyway... yeah you are right about the tigers in wild life parks they have associated Humans with food the woman seems to be causing a noise she maybe yelling or talking to loud look at the way the tiger dragged her its like she has no weight.

Do you think the man should have stayed in the car and used it like drive it towards the tigers like honk and scare them or even to try and run them over?

This is just karma coming for you. "Oh, you want to throw a fit and try to make EVERYTHING all about you? Here, here is a Tiger to make you the center of it's attention".

It might not necessarily even be out of hunger but sheer boredom . A lot of times the tigers will maul cattle and sheep but not eat them because they have already eaten . But if they are bored they will literally just kill things , theyre cats . Humans provide both food and attention to these animals that other wise they wouldnt have . When they see people they associate that with things to do and exciting things happening . If you watch the video where the tiger mauled the man in india there were several minutes where the tiger observes the man before killing him . He was unsure what to do because patrons arent throwing food into the enclosure like they do in China . In this video the tiger doesnt even give it a few seconds . As soon as he saw the woman he attacked . Those few moments could have saved that womans life but thanks to the greedy idiocoy of chinese zoos these tigers are more dangerous to humans than tigers in the wild .

Hopefully people stop attending these places . Its really very irresponsible to allow patrons to feed these kinds of animals .

At the same time, don't get out of your car in a Tiger enclosure.

Chinese zoo's are crazy as fuck, they sometimes have lions and tigers fight each other.

At the same time, don't get out of your car in a Tiger enclosure.
Sure but for comparison sake there have been many people fall into big prey animal enclosures and make it out alive because the animals didnt immediately attack because they are not used to people feeding them so they arent necessarily sure what to do when a human wanders in there . Those precious minutes before the animal decides to attack can give zoo keepers time to try to coax the animal into a holding area , tranquilize or shoot and kill . The man that was mauled to death in India was observed by the tiger for nearly 15 minutes before the tiger attacked him and a lack of quick protocols was blamed on the inability for staff to help get him out in time . As you saw in the chinese video , there was no time at all to help the woman despite a keeper being near by because the tigers are already familiar with people as sources of food and stimulation . In this case you can really blame the zoo . In no way should people be driving through a tiger enclosure especially where the tigers are fed by zoo patrons .

Last edited:
Sure but for comparison sake there have been many people fall into big prey animal enclosures and make it out alive because the animals didnt immediately attack because they are not used to people feeding them so they arent necessarily sure what to do when a human wanders in there . Those precious minutes before the animal decides to attack can give zoo keepers time to try to coax the snimal into a holding area , tranquilize or shoot and kill . The man that was mauled to death in India was observed by the tiger for nearly 15 minutes and a lack of quick protocols and was blamed on the inability for staff to hrlp get him out . As you saw in the chinese video , there was no time at all to help the woman dedpite a keeper being near by because the tigers are already familiar with people as sources of food and stimulation . In this case you can really blame the zoo . In no way should people be driving through a tiger enclosure especially where the tigers are fed by zoo patrons .

I thought that was incredibly odd that you could just drive your car through the Tiger enclosure, but hey, China.

I thought that was incredibly odd that you could just drive your car through the Tiger enclosure, but hey, China.

The Chinese are planning on making milk derived from crushed roaches

Imagine the husband trying to explain his actions in the video to his kids when they're grown.

So you see, the tiger grabbed mom, I thought about going after her, but then I thought, there are tigers all around and it could be dangerous. I know what to do! I'll open the door and let grandma race after her instead. I'll just hang back and see what happens.

I mean, if you too scared (or too smart) to try to save her yourself, you could at least make G-ma stay in the car.

Tigers eat people and you notice that it waited till her back was turned. As for other encounters especially with other zoo animals each animal will react differently to the same situation. I went in with a tiger because she was very ill and I wanted to make her as comfortable as possible (had to spread some straw over her to keep her warm) I knew with her personality I would be fine, other tigers I never would have tried it.

The way these places run is pretty fucked up (banchan already had some good posts)

Sad but not surprised. People are so self-absorbed that they abandon all common sense.

Hopefully they don't tell kill the tiger that ate the woman. Retribution against wild animals is so retarded.

I love all felines but tigers are probably my favorite.

You used to be able to do the same thing in the US back in the 50s/60s. That was before they realized that about 20% of the population consists of unsalvageable imbeciles, and so allowing them to drive through an enclosure with large predators is probably not workable.

It's difficult enough to get morons not to wander up to wildlife in the national park system here in the US.

It's amazing that such profound dumbness can survive, but I guess the reality is that for every one person who gets eaten by a tiger, something like 60 million die of famine or disease, so an inability to grasp that tigers are dangerous may not be that evolutionarily disadvantageous. Large predators were essentially exterminated throughout China thousands of years ago.

Back