Woman doesn't want black delivery man in her home. Internet has some opinions.

Why would anyone have a problem with somebody not wanting black people in their home? They commit most of the crimes. IMo she shouldn't paint black people with the same brush but we all haven't been in the same social groups, I can understand why she would be cautious.

Manager probably didn't know what to do and tried to take the option he thought would just diffuse the situation. They are making him the scapegoat.

Although he should have called corporate for advice or told the lady that is who they have available and if she wants she can return the furniture at no charge or have it left outside but they aren't pulling the guy off the route. And they don't deliver based on race preferences regardless of available manpower as it's disrespectful to their employees.

Thing is, isn't it a manager's job to know what to do? Or as you said, take it to the higher ups.

Bust him back down the ladder since he's not management material.

That store manager should have had some balls and told the lady to accept the delivery as is or to get her furniture elsewhere. You can't kowtow to every retarded customer request, especially when said requests harm employee relations or open your company up to litigation.

100 percent right! Easily this could have been handled and now sadly it's tredning among the sheep. :(

Thing is, isn't it a manager's job to know what to do? Or as you said, take it to the higher ups.

Bust him back down the ladder since he's not management material.
Youd think a manager would would know that if you don't know to ask. But this was probably a situation that didn't allow for much time and he basically had to make a decision on the spot.

Maybe for all he knows refusing her request is some violation of her rights or maybe policy is if a customer has a problem with a delivery guy they switch him out instead of escalating the situation but he never anticipated race would be the issue? She also paid for the furniture and the delivery so he may not have known if they can refuse to deliver.

Most these kind of store managers aren't like corporate managers that are more savvy and paid well. I'm not trying to completely make excuses for him but he probably never ran into that before and just wasn't trained on the proper response.

People like this lady seem like the litigious type that will try to sue over anything. Unless there's more to the story I think he just kind of panicked.

Youd think a manager would would know that if you don't know to ask. But this was probably a situation that didn't allow for much time and he basically had to make a decision on the spot.

Maybe for all he knows refusing her request is some violation of her rights or maybe policy is if a customer has a problem with a delivery guy they switch him out instead of escalating the situation but he never anticipated race would be the issue? She also paid for the furniture and the delivery so he may not have known if they can refuse to deliver.

Most these kind of store managers aren't like corporate managers that are more savvy and paid well. I'm not trying to completely make excuses for him but he probably never ran into that before and just wasn't trained on the proper response.

People like this lady seem like the litigious type that will try to sue over anything. Unless there's more to the story I think he just kind of panicked.

All very possible.

Eh, she made a request and instead of making a big deal out of it, the store manager tried to accommodate the customer... The story sounds a bit overblown and dramatic tbh.

And got fired for his trouble. The moral of the story is, the customer is not always right.

1zbc38h.jpg

Thanks Obama!

The women is an obvious racist. The manager should have refused her service or at least went up the chain before completing the transaction. I would have personally refunded her money and refused to do business with her.

If I was the black guy, I'd say "look lady, if you want this furniture, I will carry it in for you. If you don't want me in your house, I'll drop it off in your yard. Take your pick."

Huh. Ripskater nailed it.

Why would anyone have a problem with somebody not wanting black people in their home? They commit most of the crimes. IMo she shouldn't paint black people with the same brush but we all haven't been in the same social groups, I can understand why she would be cautious.

This isn't true. As much as this topic gets brought up here and elsewhere, you should know this isn't true. Also, as far as here, you have a high enough post count in a short period of time as well, so I'm not going to take that as an excuse. So, at this point I'm just going to assume profoundly ignorant or trolling.

A lot of the suggestions in here result in the store being sued by the woman.

The only smart solution for the manager would have been to kick it up the chain of command. Canceling/refunding her order probably would have got them fired and a lawsuit against the store, too. Offering to drop the item off in her yard, lawsuit and fired.

BS some reason to switch deliverers might have worked, but might have unraveled.

This manager was pretty much fucked. Even kicking it up the chain of command might have resulted in them getting fired. Who knows how long it would have taken for the higher-ups to respond to the situation, during which the woman is not getting her delivery, and probably violating some kind of guarantee on how long it takes to get items delivered.

If I was the black guy, I'd say "look lady, if you want this furniture, I will carry it in for you. If you don't want me in your house, I'll drop it off in your yard. Take your pick."

This^
side note is it just me or is it strange that we are supposed to look up to the elderly for their time honed wisdom but the reality is most are homophobic racist old farts who struggle with basic technology ,bitch and moan about how things were in their day and cant seem to stop fucking up driving for everyone?why dont we see these old people in our sitcoms

I see we have the usual peanut gallery with regards to the state.

The manger was in a tough spot and made the wrong choice but should not have been fired unless there were other problems.

First the "lady" said nothing to the delivery driver she contacted the manger.

She does have a right to say who can come in her house.

The manger should have told her that all their delivery drivers have had background checks and the person being sent was a very good employee.

If she still did not want the person in her house he should have told her purchase would be in the store waiting for her pick up or he could refund her money.

He should have also contacted upper management.

A lot of the suggestions in here result in the store being sued by the woman.

The only smart solution for the manager would have been to kick it up the chain of command. Canceling/refunding her order probably would have got them fired and a lawsuit against the store, too. Offering to drop the item off in her yard, lawsuit and fired.

BS some reason to switch deliverers might have worked, but might have unraveled.

This manager was pretty much fucked. Even kicking it up the chain of command might have resulted in them getting fired. Who knows how long it would have taken for the higher-ups to respond to the situation, during which the woman is not getting her delivery, and probably violating some kind of guarantee on how long it takes to get items delivered.

Is that true? Is a store legally required to do business with anyone who walks in their store? Kind of like "no shoes, no shirt, no pets -- no service" policy. I can't imagine it's illegal for a store to refuse to do business with a racist.

Maybe the manager gets fired for refunding a transaction without taking this up the food chain, but I don't see how the lady would have a lawsuit.

If it was a religious issue it would be upheld, religious freedom etc

If it was a Muslim complaining about a woman delivering furniture, it would be upheld, minimal outcry, multiculturalism etc

If it was a white guy after a spate of neighbourhood break ins with a white suspect would anyone fault her it would be fine, no problems

Old woman living by herself doesn't want a black guy in the house while she's alone? Stop the presses mary jane, we got a new headline

I'm not saying the old girl is right, but the outcry over this is fucking ridiculous

Sounds like she refused delivery. That is certainly in her rights, but then she can't hold Lowes responsible if they bring the furniture back to the store.

If it was a religious issue it would be upheld, religious freedom etc

If it was a Muslim complaining about a woman delivering furniture, it would be upheld, minimal outcry, multiculturalism etc

If it was a white guy after a spate of neighbourhood break ins with a white suspect would anyone fault her it would be fine, no problems

Old woman living by herself doesn't want a black guy in the house while she's alone? Stop the presses mary jane, we got a new headline

I'm not saying the old girl is right, but the outcry over this is fucking ridiculous
I read your post and shaking my head.....then I see the aussie flag and it make sense:icon_lol:

The women is an obvious racist. The manager should have refused her service or at least went up the chain before completing the transaction. I would have personally refunded her money and refused to do business with her.

If I walk into your store and say, "Hi, I'm a racist, I'd like your services, please", you can't deny me service, no different than if I say, "Hi, I'm a Liberal, I'd like your services, please".

Just because you don't approve of racism doesn't mean anything.

If I walk into your store and say, "Hi, I'm a racist, I'd like your services, please", you can't deny me service, no different than if I say, "Hi, I'm a Liberal, I'd like your services, please".

Just because you don't approve of racism doesn't mean anything.

You cant deny them. But if they request to be served by a person of specific race, you can tell them I cant guarantee you that and you will be served by one of my employees, take it or leave. They have the right to leave

You cant deny them. But if they request to be served by a person of specific race, you can tell them I cant guarantee you that and you will be served by one of my employees, take it or leave. They have the right to leave

Yep.

Back