Woman doesn't want black delivery man in her home. Internet has some opinions.

Was expecting a plot twist that the woman's name was Sarah Palin.

Responses like this is how I know I'm in the WR.

Seriously though, that's how it is now. As long as you lie and make sure no one is offended, you'll go about your day like nothing happened.

The lady has a right to say who enters her home. She's a racist POS though. If she doesn't want a black person in her home refund her delivery fee and tell her to pick it up herself, drop the furniture in her yard, or refund her money and she can buy her stuff elsewhere.
Putting this on the news won't change anything.

Am I a racist if I'm not upset when people are racist?

Well, she doesn't have to let anybody she doesn't want in her house. That can be for racist reasons to.

LOWE's doesn't have to worry about it though. No sending a white guy. She can either refund it or get it in herself. Honestly, i'm not sure why she needed to cite her rights. It's not like the Government was trying to have this guy deliver her furniture...nor should i private company really have to worry about the quirks of each customer. Go somewhere else or get the couch in yourself.

Yup. You can go down to the the klan swap and have Cletus bring you your shit in his pick up or we can leave you crap on the front lawn.

The manager's mistake was telling the employee he couldn't do the delivery because he's black. He could have invented a reason and the whole thing would have been settled quietly without anyone finding out about it. Now that it's public knowledge people are going on a witch hunt.

If anything, t's the woman's fault for not checking if lowe's core values on inclusion and diversity aligned with her discriminatory beliefs. More or less the same for the manager as well.

Last edited:
Article here (link).

Long story short, black delivery driver was pulled off a delivery because the woman purchasing the furniture didn't want a black person in her house.

Local media got involved, Lowe's HQ fired the store manager, and when reporters asked the woman about her request, she said, "I got a right to have whatever I want and that's it."

The comments on the bottom of the article run the whole gamut of people who make me roll my eyes.

We have the scatterbrained ranter connecting tenuous threads into a very passionate diatribe:

The people worried about the woman's rights:

The people attacking Lowe's and the nefarious driver who may be up to no good:

People attacking the media:

Just curious how many Sherdoggers agree with these sentiments?

I kinda agree with the very last sentence of the very last comment you quoted:

"Suggestion guys, next time leave it on the sidewalk & let her figure out how to get in the house."

The woman does have the right to refuse entry to her home to whomever she pleases for whatever reason she pleases... but if that dude happens to be the delivery dude then, sorry, no delivery.

(I also feel that while, in hindsight, the manager should probably have taken this course of action, it's easy to make an error in judgement like this when someone stupid forces you into a position of trying to respond to their stupidity on the spot and under the full pressure of said stupidity.)

Last edited:
The manager should've told her "Who I have to deliver is who I have to deliver. If you don't like it, please do your shopping elsewhere."

Basically, the manager had no guts and now they have no job.

My sister had her home treated for termites and left during the work and the guy broke into her house and stole some shit. Her neighbor caught the guy as he was coming back out of the window. There was no reason for him to be in there and he made up some ignorant excuse for needing to jimmy the window open.

Both the thief and the man who caught him were black. The man who caught him apparently said "get your black ass out of that window".

If I was the black guy, I'd say "look lady, if you want this furniture, I will carry it in for you. If you don't want me in your house, I'll drop it off in your yard. Take your pick."

exactly this.

If I was the black guy, I'd say "look lady, if you want this furniture, I will carry it in for you. If you don't want me in your house, I'll drop it off in your yard. Take your pick."

Probably the smartest thing you've ever written.

Manager made the wrong call but it wasn't an easy choice. He should have punted this one up the management chain. CYA.

You're right on the CYA aspect being the smart play.

If I were manager and it was easy enough to send non-black individuals to do the job I would have. If it was an imposition to accommodate her oddball request I would have issued the refund. That explains why I won't be rising in the ranks anytime soon. :)

Of course she has the right to demand something, and the corporation has the right to comply or refuse. In this case the manager did something that obviously caused a headache for the brass and got canned. Shit happens every day for a variety of reasons. Really nothing to see here.

if I'm the owner, $$$ talk .. would've just sent in someone else and not said anything .. the manager is dumb .. she paid already and she's probably an isolated case anyways

Manager should of just canceled the order and refunded her money.

Then she goes to the media and the driver probably gets fired for leaving possibly 1000s of dollars of furniture on the sidewalk or her front yard. Driver did the right thing and the manager did the wrong thing.

Wonder if the manager gets bonuses/commission for store performance? Only reason why I can think of he/she wouldn't stand up and say "that's who we have available, if you don't like it take a refund." Makes the store look bad when they pander to a racist request like that.

Manager probably didn't know what to do and tried to take the option he thought would just diffuse the situation. They are making him the scapegoat.

Although he should have called corporate for advice or told the lady that is who they have available and if she wants she can return the furniture at no charge or have it left outside but they aren't pulling the guy off the route. And they don't deliver based on race preferences regardless of available manpower as it's disrespectful to their employees.

Then she goes to the media and the driver probably gets fired for leaving possibly 1000s of dollars of furniture on the sidewalk or her front yard. Driver did the right thing and the manager did the wrong thing.

Wonder if the manager gets bonuses/commission for store performance? Only reason why I can think of he/she wouldn't stand up and say "that's who we have available, if you don't like it take a refund." Makes the store look bad when they pander to a racist request like that.
Damn, I basically copied your post, although not on purpose. And you added two additional points that leaving the furniture in the yard might damage it and whether the manager had a financial motive to agree to the switch.

Although I'd guess he probably just wasn't trained for that and didn't know what to do. I hope he talked to the driver first and asked if he minded switching just so they could be done with this racist bitch. That would be my only issue with the manager if he didn't ok it with the driver and was just like ,"of course we will send over a white driver if that's what you prefer"

Back