Woman doesn't want black delivery man in her home. Internet has some opinions.

Anyone who has ever owned or managed a business in any service industry will tell you that the customer is almost always wrong whenever there is a problem. Ive owned 2 bars and a gym and its always better to back your employee(if they are right and they usually are) that an angry customer. Refund their $ and ask them to leave. If this lady has a problem with the delivery service, Lowes should have refunded her $ or asked her to have someone to pick up her furniture rather than tell an employee he cant make a deliver because hes black.

While she is obviously a rude women, she has the right to not allow anyone in her home. The customer is always right and the store always wants to make a sell, thats how that goes. Who knows how much money she spent

While she is obviously a rude women, she has the right to not allow anyone in her home. The customer is always right and the store always wants to make a sell, thats how that goes. Who knows how much money she spent

Not enough. A successful company is built on the back bone of the employees. Doing the deal sends the message that a sale is more important then their contributions. This destroys moral and creates a poisoned work environment.

Profits of course count, however how you obtain them is just as important.

I coordinate and schedule deliveries for my company. If I had a customer try to send one of my drivers back because of race, I'd tell them that they will still be charged for delivery and that I would not accommodate a request for a preferred race of delivery driver.

Maybe not racist, but definitely ethnocentric (if you're not African yourself) since you implied they were suffering the consequences of being backwards savages.

I think you're reaching a little here.

Not enough. A successful company is built on the back bone of the employees. Doing the deal sends the message that a sale is more important then their contributions. This destroys moral and creates a poisoned work environment.

Profits of course count, however how you obtain them is just as important.

Very well put

My only issue is- He sounds like an hourly employee, so he got out of doing work. He just want to start trouble. If I dont want you in my house then thats that, It really doesnt matter why. There was zero consequence to him so he sounds like a rat to me.

My only issue is- He sounds like an hourly employee, so he got out of doing work. He just want to start trouble. If I dont want you in my house then thats that, It really doesnt matter why. There was zero consequence to him so he sounds like a rat to me.

You sound like you got lost on your way to the UFC discussion

Back