Woman Complains That People Don't Dress Nice Enough In NY

I'll be completely honest here. I've been wearing the same sweatpants and tank top with a pair of Tom's for the past week. After work though. I only dress well when going out. This was a complete change from when I used to wear a green TDF Jersey, cycling shorts, and a reflective/waterproof jacket when I lived in London.

I usually put on a blazer or long sleeve Levi's denim shirt with navy blue slacks/jeans or a Zara blazer with solid T underneath.

What is under the clothes is more important. She's weak. Morally, spiritually, mentally.

to a point I agree with what she is saying. there should be a standard that society meets to reduce the risk of regressing into uncivilised 3rd world territory.

you see allot of low quality people nowadays which leads to low behaviour that starts at simple public etiquette to work ethics.

when all this goes down the drain society goes down the drain.

dressing well and having pride in your appearance keeps you in the habit of self discipline. having to dress well motivates people to earn more and help maintain the quality of life.

its like a badge of honor that separates the men from the boys.

keep your car clean...keep your house organised....be a gentlemen....

this is why some cultures like the germans are often highly regarded...they have sense of good character and upholding your self above barbarians.

its always the trashy people who hate those "yuppies" but they are the first ones..when they get a little money to start buying shit and acting like one.

dont get me wrong here...I dont dress up every day...but even on a tshirt and jean day my clothes are pressed and my shoes are clean from dirt.

to a point I agree with what she is saying. there should be a standard that society meets to reduce the risk of regressing into uncivilised 3rd world territory.

you see allot of low quality people nowadays which leads to low behaviour that starts at simple public etiquette to work ethics.

when all this goes down the drain society goes down the drain.

dressing well and having pride in your appearance keeps you in the habit of self discipline. having to dress well motivates people to earn more and help maintain the quality of life.

its like a badge of honor that separates the men from the boys.

keep your car clean...keep your house organised....be a gentlemen....

this is why some cultures like the germans are often highly regarded...they have sense of good character and upholding your self above barbarians.

its always the trashy people who hate those "yuppies" but they are the first ones..when they get a little money to start buying shit and acting like one.

dont get me wrong here...I dont dress up every day...but even on a tshirt and jean day my clothes are pressed and my shoes are clean from dirt.

I agree that it is a good thing to present yourself well, I've just never given much thought to how other people dress unless it was women that I was interested in, or some ridiculously obscure outfit in wal-mart. I can see how people walking around un-bathed in worn clothing could reflect badly on society, but shorts and a t-shirt is pretty presentable imo as long as the clothes are clean and in good shape. Plus the people this woman is complaining about seem to be tourists going to daytime Broadway shows in NYC (looks that way from the picture), a lot of people (especially families) tend to not dress up when they are on vacation/seeing the sites.

Just a few decades ago people dressed in suits and dresses when going out. All kinds of styles have introduced themselves some causing trouble due to certain colors, or areas of questionable stability. I like unique dress styles but if it's to revealing that can't be good.

BRB going to write a NY Post article about how women should dress like women- especially in the hairdo and glasses department.

I wonder how she'll respond to that. Probably something about "it's her choice" to look that way. Like "oh really.. so we have a choice when it comes to the way we look"

yeah dat ass and titties, yo'.

I don't know why, but this brought me back to cold winter days and girls with big boobs who wear oversized hoodies....

Nothing like exploring up there with cold hands later

BRB going to write a NY Post article about how women should dress like women- especially in the hairdo and glasses department.

I wonder how she'll respond to that. Probably something about "it's her choice" to look that way. Like "oh really.. so we have a choice when it comes to the way we look"

Apron? Kitchen?
4374852_f260.jpg

Check!

Carry on....

Article complaining people don't dress nice enough in NY, with 2 big side panels of Melania Trump's nude pics.

LOL, NY Post

Fuck her/him.

boysdontcry1.jpg

I agree with her. I think people should dress for the occasion when they are going out for an event like the symphony, opera, or a Broadway show. If you have the money to go to one of those events you can put on slightly more formal clothing. I think it shows respect to the venue and your fellow attendees.

If you're going to the theater it sure as fuck doesn't hurt to throw on a shirt and trousers.

Americans are generally poor dressers. I recently visited Chicago and noticed how blandly dressed and unattractive Chicagoans are compared to Torontonians and Montrealers.

I agree. One always needs to project a successful image. I may live out of my car, eat nothing but McDonalds, and blow large parties of Japanese business men for income, but goddammit I look good doing it. I have a large wardrobe of tailor made Italian suits, leather shoes, and designer glasses. Oh yeah and that car I live out of? Brand new Porsche. Now if I could only afford to see a doctor about all the open sores I keep getting on my lips.
I like the cut of your tailored jib.
I'll be watching you.

We should just stop even acknowledging journalists like this. This isn't news, this is nothing. She got our clicks though.

to be fair, the person writing the article was talking about people attending events where, in the past, people would dress up for (like a Broadway play, an opera, symphony, etc..).
people pay good money for those types of tickets, if they want to dress like a slob, so be it.

Yes, but there's also people paying good money for those types of tickets, who want to spend an evening away from people dressed like slobs for a change. Aside from $100/plate restaurants and private parties, where can you do that these days?

It's just a clash of preferences, where there used to be general agreement about it.

Wear what you want, and be prepared to be judged accordingly. Personally I dress for comfort. I don't care what other people are wearing really. Got my own problems. (If girls are attractive the less clothes the better though).

Back