Woke up feeling a little blue today...

NateTx4112

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Shameless self promotion thread alert.
df1e4edb.jpg

Had a belt promotion day at the gym and I received my blue belt from my instructor. My first step on my journey.

Proud of the others who got their blues and purples and happy to train with a great group of guys.

well played.

I thought this was gonna be another "oh man im so depressed ive been doin bjj for 1 week and keep gettin smashed, oh yeah when do I get my next belt?" thread.

Congrats! Are you a lifer, or did you accomplish all your jiu jitsu goals???

There is a high % of people who disappear after their blue. Don't be one of them!

Only 10 % of the people who train make it to blue, so it is a valid accomplishment!

Congrats again!

Bill- I am pumped to get back on the mat Monday. This is just a small step in my journey. People like you motivate me to continue to learn and improve.

And I am far far far away from accomplishing my goals. Still very much to strive for and so much to learn.

(Borrowed from another poster, can't recall who)
Blue belt = Associates Degree

Purple = Bachelors

Brown = Masters

Black = PHD

So yeah, you are about to enter one of the funnest phases of your growth. You have some good fundamentals under your belt (pun intended) but the learning curve is still so steep, you can still literally learn something new everyday!

Just in the last 2 months it seems some major things started to click like underhook(duh why did I neglect this at first, hook flips, open guard, and wrestling during scrambles.

Just loving learning so far and ready to continue my growth.

congrats man that's a huge accomplishment. Continue learning and progressing :D

Congratulations dude, keep training for your purple! :)

approximately how long did you train before being promoted, 2-3 yrs ?

your first step was getting on the mats, I'd call this your first big step or big milestone

Congrats

congrats man that's a huge accomplishment. Continue learning and progressing :D
Thanks, you are an inspiration to me as well as bill. Thanks gerbil.
Congratulations dude, keep training for your purple! :)

approximately how long did you train before being promoted, 2-3 yrs ?

I trained 2-3 months 4 years ago and then 14 months with this gym. 4 days a week every week with a lot of blood sweat and tears put in.

Back